Longevity welder

/ Longevity welder #51  
The 42i Can cut up to 1":thumbsup::cool2:

/ Longevity welder #52  
I'm sure longevity is a fine machine but I can tell you this! My hypertherm 45 has never even been wiped off! I don't kick it around but most people in a shop dosent call abuse . " lack of cleaning" from my exsperience abuse is throw it out of a bed of a truck , I personally think not cleaning equipment like this is not abuse, but use.

/ Longevity welder
I'm sure longevity is a fine machine but I can tell you this! My hypertherm 45 has never even been wiped off! I don't kick it around but most people in a shop dosent call abuse . " lack of cleaning" from my exsperience abuse is throw it out of a bed of a truck , I personally think not cleaning equipment like this is not abuse, but use.

Yes sir .. I also stated .. It gets "shoved" under the table .. That table is slated and the chop saw sets on the same table .. The metal from the saw and grinding is what got inside the machine .. Put that hypertherm 45 in those conditions for a couple yrs and when it quits ask them to replace it ... Anyway, when I bought the plasma I also got a welding cart and now a cover!! Neither machine is subject to storage under the table

/ Longevity welder #54  
This sound sarcastic and I don't mean for it to sound that way so I'll pick my words carefully as to not offend. I would say it is possible that being a less known corporation than hypertherm it would need to build a corporate base by doing such things, I'm sure it hypertherm didn't have such a following in US already it would need to do things like such to get its foot in the plasma door, I guess I didn't read your whole thread but yes that would be abuse, and really no corporation should warranty that.

/ Longevity welder
This sound sarcastic and I don't mean for it to sound that way so I'll pick my words carefully as to not offend. I would say it is possible that being a less known corporation than hypertherm it would need to build a corporate base by doing such things, I'm sure it hypertherm didn't have such a following in US already it would need to do things like such to get its foot in the plasma door, I guess I didn't read your whole thread but yes that would be abuse, and really no corporation should warranty that.

Jesse .. Thanks your post is spot on .. Longevity has a wonderful product (in my opinion) as well as excellent customer service ... They need to sell a quality product and have quality support to "establish" the reputation .. I believe they are on the right path

/ Longevity welder #56  
Thank you both for sharing your experiences. We got some pretty cool machines coming out as well shortly that will further prove our quality and performance.

/ Longevity welder #57  
Inverters are a strange breed. most do well, others do not.. You can boast all you want about what ever machine you have. I have a Power Max 45 that lasted 3 years and 4 months with minimal use..( 2 sets of consumables ) It Blew a main Board. Hypertherm pretty much laughed at me an said.. Oh Well.. It's out of warranty...now I have a basket case.. I hang onto it just to tell the hypertherm guys that all is not roses over there. I take pics of all the overseas parts are in these things and they call them American Made. Lol.. In my case.. It would have made much more sense to buy a less cost machine with a better warranty.. They are out there. .. [/I]

/ Longevity welder #58  
I had never even heard of Hypertherm until I began reading this thread
:confused:

/ Longevity welder #59  
I on the other hand have had a power max 600, I thought ot was the 45 till I looked today! Lol guess I just use it don't pay attention to the numbers, lol just use it and it always works! 7 or 8 years now with 0 problems .

Last edited: