Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon.....

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #11  
What factors stood out with the Yanmar?

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #12  
New to the forum, I just bought a brand new yt235 and love it but have only had it for two weeks. Looked at all the other brands and they are all priced within about 2000.00 of each other.

holtza,

Welcome to Yanmar tractor ownership and thank you for your business. Looking forward to seeing photos of your tractor and its applications.

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #13  
I haven't researched or actually laid eyes on a new Yanmar in person, but we have sold several Wicked Grapples for them.

Personally, I think the tractors look quite striking, especially with an incredibly mean, ideally sized grapple on the front!
Travis

50singleyanmarYT235e.jpg

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #14  
ROCYRIDGEFARM, I will give you a little background. About 5 or 6 years ago my father in law gave us a kabota B2910 that he well used and didn't do much maintenance on and one day the front axle broke in to and when I went to find used parts for it there were none to be found and they wanted a couple of grand for a new front 4x4 axle housing and gears. Got rid of that tractor to my brother in law and was without a tractor for the last couple years , got the ok from my wife to buy a new one and started looking around. I called and talked to most of the dealers, Mahindra, Branson, kabota, new Holland, kioti and yanmar and there prices were all within 2000.00 of each other. So I did some research on-line and after seeing how the yanmar was an older company and were making the compact tractors for Deere and also a lot of other machinery were using there diesel engines to also include boats, my second choice was new Holland because they have been around for awhile also and see a lot of them on farms. I talked to the new Holland dealer first and the sales men were not well informed on there tractor and they made me feel like I was wasting there time (I did test drive it though). The yanmar dealer was very knowledgeable and was not pressuring me on it, and after test driving it I was impressed on how peppy it was and comfortable to drive. Really like the front quick detach bucket and also being able to use other manufactures front attachments that are quick detach. Mind you I am using it for light tractor work but I have lots of experience running heavy equipment and that's what I judge the compact tractors by and the yanmar to me seems really well built.

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #15  
Nice first hand feedback from a new owner. Thanks holtza! You have to post pics of your new machine.

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #16  
To answer your question about what stood out, the fact that you don't have to split the case to remove the transmission, the front quick disconnect attachments, the peppiness and power of the engine and the floating bucket option on the stick and I do like the looks of it. The cons are it either has a cab or not, you can't buy a cab later to install if you want. But I do a lot of fabrication work and I have a CNC plasma table so I plan on building a top and hopefully a snow plow for it before winter, at least that is the plan. Hope this helps, we will see about the parts availability when something breaks and the place I bought it from reassured me that all the filters could be bought from local parts stores and we shall see on that shortly.

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #17  
and the place I bought it from reassured me that all the filters could be bought from local parts stores
That is stretching it out just a little....I can't do my 50 hour service because the maint kit does not contain the Hydraulic Transmission Filter and I am unable ,after a weeks of trying, to get this filter from Yanmar. :mad:

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #18  
Sorry to hear it, I figure as soon as I get the part numbers I am going to see which and if my local parts stores can cross them and get them.

/ Looked at a new Yanmar YT235 this afternoon..... #19  
soon as I get the part numbers I am going to see which and if my local parts stores can cross them and get them.
oil filter PN. 129150-35160
hydraulic line filter PN. 1A7180-48191
hydraulic transmission filter PN. 198119-48310
page 13-6 in the owners manual.
Good luck and let me know if you find them at ANY local parts store.