Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #271  
in the end you will most likely find that the first cost of the tractor is forgotten but a tractor that is not comfortable to use or cannot do what you need will be a constant source of frustration.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #272  
Avoid Bad Boy Tractors because they are cheap toys.

I'm just over 2 years in to owning a 4025H with BBH 400 backhoe and this things has been falling apart since month 2.

It started with little things like the fuel and temperature gauges no longer working. So, we never know how much fuel is in it or if it's overheating. All contact with the manufacturer falls on deaf ears and the service from the dealer is not great because they're always months behind.

The worst part is the poor build quality of these machines. The backhoe has snapped in half twice near the bucket and because it's been just over 2 years it's no longer covered under warranty. The backhoe has less than 10 hours of light duty work on it, mostly moving around black dirt on the ranch.

Because it snapped in half it's easy to see how thin the steel is and if you try to weld it, you realize that it's cheap Chinese stuff.

I regret purchasing this tractor and wish I would have gone with Deere or Kubota.

Look how thin the steel is!

Yeah, this ain't right.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #273  
Oh dear. Thats a pretty scathing review. Sorry to head about all your troubles.

Second pic didn't load for me. But the first one just looks like a normal view of a backhoe bucket... is it broken in that pic?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #274  
I thought that bad boy is just a re-badged TYM?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #275  
1st pic shows the break - look at orange part just above bucket

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #276  
What turns me off about 'Bad Boy' in general is, Tractor Supply sells them and we all know that TSC cannot service anything.

Kind of like the rebadged Solis (Summit) tractors. Sold at box stores and again, TSC like outlets with no way to service any warranty repairs. Cabelas went through that a few years ago and came to their senses and dumped the tractors and implements simply because of the after sales service deal.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #279  
The pictures he posted look to me like it was run hard and not greased on a regular basis either. Metal don't have to be thick on any backhoe so long as it's gusseted correctly and the parallel linkages look to be substantial. Backhoe's always take a lot of abuse anyway.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #280  
Always suspicious when someone's first post in the forum is a bash post.
People tend to come on here and disparage something as a rule anyway. You see very few posts that praise anything. Kind of how our entire society is today actually. Of course no one is happy when something breaks but they need to look back and ascertain if that breakage was a result of their own doing or is it was a failure due to construction. I lean towards the former, not the latter myself. I've broken a few implements in my day and it's usually because I extended the limitations of that implement.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D