Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #251  
I think this is ending up being like the green Zetors, tractors painted green for third world countries, NOT the USA. SR

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #252  
Bakoj, I'm just giving you an opinion of a dealer that truly cares about the industry as a whole. I've been faced with some local customers that have bought out of state because I could not get inventory, that truly would have bought a tractor from me & have apologized about doing so. These customers I feel warrant me taking care of them. Also the people that move to the area from another area or state. I will and do take care of them, They want to build a relationship.
The other thing we as existing dealers were faced with this year was new dealer start ups . They automatically get tractors before existing dealers that have represented their products. This cost me and other dealers sales this year. They also were shipping tractors to dealers that already had inventory. The fair and reasonable thing was to equally split tractor deliveries across the board and due to lack of product new dealers should have been put on hold. I've been on the top Michigan Kioti sales for the last 3 years and did find out today that I have been beat, Kinda disappointing. Good thing that I signed on with Branson in 2020 , I sold 77 Bransons this year and missed out on at least 50 Kioti sales. Just feel like I'm being kicked when I'm on the ground. Thanks for giving a care about the dealer network and understanding what most good dealers go thru.
good information and thanks for posting it (all of your previous posts included), personally when buying a large ticket item i do my research including what i can get it for someplace else. Then I try to make a deal with my local dealer, tell him i have been shopping around and know what i want and that i do not expect him to match the lowest price but that i am aware of the lowest price. there is value to be found in a local dealer that is dependable but i like to know what i'm paying for the service.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #253  
These off brands have no dealers near us, and I don’t mind spending more for the top brand since I get all that back and probably more on a resale
Not sure what you mean by "Top" brand. Do you mean most popular mainstream brand (i.e. JD & Kubota)? So something to consider, when buying a Top Brand of anything. If you are a business and you do this, there is in economics what they call the "opportunity cost" (usually associated with stock trading but applies in general) in using your extra money to buy something that is more expensive.

For example, say you pay an extra $4k for a tractor than you could have bought an equivalently capable tractor for. That $4k is a lost opportunity to use it elsewhere in your business etc. What did that cost you to spend that extra money on the tractor, vs an implement(s) you could use to make more money.

Just something to consider. Again, depends upon the person, the reason for the purchase etc.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #254  
Newsflash: if you bought a Kubota or Deere you're a sucker! Lol.

This comment is as off base as someone who says you should only buy a Kubota or a Deere, IMO! There are no absolute rights or wrongs in selecting your brand of tractor. There is only fit for your purposes and desires. Only the purchaser can know this.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #255  
This comment is as off base as someone who says you should only buy a Kubota or a Deere, IMO! There are no absolute rights or wrongs in selecting your brand of tractor. There is only fit for your purposes and desires. Only the purchaser can know this.
Did you not read my reply to the earlier poster about this?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #256  
Did you not read my reply to the earlier poster about this?

Not until after I posted my reply. How is a person supposed to know you didn't mean what you said?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #257  
Not until after I posted my reply. How is a person supposed to know you didn't mean what you said?
I thought they would read the posts in order get to mine then understand and laugh. I guess I should added a lol or something.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #258  
I think this is ending up being like the green Zetors, tractors painted green for third world countries, NOT the USA. SR

Just throwing it out there; both by modern use and classical definition, South Korea is a first-world nation.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #259  
If you are a business and you do this, there is in economics what they call the "opportunity cost" (usually associated with stock trading but applies in general)
Just want to clarify this good point. For those who don't know I teach economics at HS level.

Opportunity cost is anything you forgo in order to make a decision you make. It does not even have to be financial. The opportunity cost of typing out this post is whatever I could otherwise have been doing.

For the people who value the large network and brand recognition of the JD and Kubota lines, the opportunity cost of those choices would be money to buy implements or vacations or whatever choices they otherwise could have made by buying a less expensive brand.

For the people who buy more on price, the opportunity cost is the bigger network and name recognition or the potential risk of the brand going away.

We all weigh those choices and make the best one we can given our own tolerance for the risk and ability to analyze that risk.

My issue is when people imply or state that the best choice for everyone is to choose one way or another.

Last edited:
   / Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #260  
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of bad boy tractors? Any owners?