Looking for log splitter recommendation

/ Looking for log splitter recommendation #31  
Pricing is my dilemma as well. I don't have a powered log splitter at the moment. If price was no object I would get a Timberwolf or American CLS and be done with it. I do have a 16lb splitting maul that works very well, but I don't have to swing it too many times nowadays before my back says that maybe the Timberwolf is looking cheap.
My wife has been good about reminding me how much less costly the proper machine or tool is than a trip to the hospital followed by rehab.

It's WORKING! ;-)

/ Looking for log splitter recommendation #32  
My wife has been good about reminding me how much less costly the proper machine or tool is than a trip to the hospital followed by rehab.

It's WORKING! ;-)
Great wife CalG . . . (y)

/ Looking for log splitter recommendation #33  
I run a Splitfire 3pt.

Tractor I put it on has a 15.4 GPM pump and it splits anything I've put on it. If do it right the wedge never stops moving forward or backward. You can keep a few hands busy with it.

3pt model can drop to the ground and you can roll big stuff up on it, then lift 3pt hitch.

I don't have the 4 way wedge, but that would be nice.

/ Looking for log splitter recommendation
I have been doing more research, the American CLS splitter has priced themselves out of reach for me. I think it is down to the Timberwolf or the Spitfire, unless somebody comes up with another option. I have 2 more months before decision time, so lots more reading to do.

I'm lucky in that the wifely unit thinks the same way I do, buy once cry once and then have a quality unit that will last the rest of our lives. She also gets a vote in which unit we get as she will be running it as well. So I might have to get the log lift for her. :)

Presently leaning 80% to a 3pt unit, but self contained has not been ruled out. Between my cars, lawn equipment and toys, I presently have 16 engines to maintain, I really don't want another one.

I rented a splitter with a 4 way wedge, first impressions was it was more trouble than it was worth with splits getting jammed under it. But I think what ever I will get I will get the 4 way wedge and see how it works out. Nice to have the option available rather than buy one that can't be upgraded.

/ Looking for log splitter recommendation #35  
After having the slip-on 4-way wedge on our Timberwolf, all I can say is I would not want to be without it. It works flawlessly & we never have splits getting jammed... if they do it is a push though design so you send the next piece through & it clears... We do not have anything as fancy as you might be looking at: TW-1 with log grate, slip on 4-way wedge, & manual log lift; but if I had to buy again I wouldn't hesitate buying another Timberwolf. We lucked out & bought our unit used, but like new & their customer service (even as the second owner) has been great. For reference we split 4 - 6 cords a year (of whatever is on our property) & this little machine splits it all.