Looking for some options on mounting a 2" receiver.

/ Looking for some options on mounting a 2" receiver. #11  
I completely understand, take a bit and look around on here and you can fins several posts on different ways people have mounted a tube to the buckets, Some look almost factory.

/ Looking for some options on mounting a 2" receiver. #12  
image-1581085272.jpg

Here's what I did if you decide to do a bucket mount. I rarely if ever never even have to remove the ball mount. It's pretty much always there when I need it and I can change out quickly.

/ Looking for some options on mounting a 2" receiver. #13  
I'd just mount the receiver on the top of the bucket like this.

FEL receiver hitch.JPG

Two 5/8" or 3/4" bolts welded to the top of the FEL bucket and mating brackets welded to the receiver.

Good luck

/ Looking for some options on mounting a 2" receiver. #14  
I would reinforce the top of bucket with c-channel prior to welding the receiver hitch.
Eliminate chance of top of bucket bending

/ Looking for some options on mounting a 2" receiver. #16  
If the top of the bucket is too high, you can get a clamp-on hitch that attaches to the lip. For example, one like this.

/ Looking for some options on mounting a 2" receiver. #17  
If the top of the bucket is too high, you can get a clamp-on hitch that attaches to the lip. For example, one like this.

That is precisely what I use
I also have chain hook on top of my bucket and use it for the safety chains just to be sure trailer can't get away from me

I added a cutting edge to bottom of my bucket and it adds a lip the clamp on can't get past

I like clamp in as it can be removed when not needed

I don't move my trailers around enough to warrant permanent fixture attached

Cutting edge eliminates chance of bucket lip bending

Joel

/ Looking for some options on mounting a 2" receiver. #18  
I followed conventional wisdom and built a receiver into the bucket on my baby GT. I found it hard to see around the hood and bucket to get aligned to a coupler. And then I had to be careful of the bucket getting hung up on the tongue jacks. I saw a picture of the offset ball hitch for the QD, made one up, and it works really well. I need to have a care about the offset. Jay

bucket1.JPG hitch1.jpg hitch2.jpg

/ Looking for some options on mounting a 2" receiver.
I have seen the clamp on hitches and gave them a thought. I did wonder how easy it would be to pull it off the bucket, but that would give me an excuse to get a cutting edge! I am going to take a look at Jlwoodworks thred.

/ Looking for some options on mounting a 2" receiver. #20