Looking to pull the trigger on a 4820H but...

/ Looking to pull the trigger on a 4820H but...
I'm sure it's one of those things that once you adjust the tension to your desire and get familiar with the tractor, it goes away.
Hope So, been googling it and stiff pedals and the creeping F/R seems to be pretty common.

/ Looking to pull the trigger on a 4820H but... #22  
I haven't even tried cruise yet (soon though). Pedals on the 574 don't seem tight.

I'm telling you, if TYM can merge the best aspects of these together into one model and keep the price point low, they will really have something.

I haven't even tried cruise yet (soon though). Pedals on the 574 don't seem tight.

I'm telling you, if TYM can merge the best aspects of these together into one model and keep the price point low, they will really have something.
You got that right.
I drove a 474 and a 574 and the pedals were buttery smooth, soft, responsive, it did not jerk you around going Forward or Reverse. Only trouble I had on these 2 models was they were impossible to shift ranges which seems to be a common issue.

/ Looking to pull the trigger on a 4820H but... #26  
I rarely change ranges, YMMV. Usually in L, sometimes in M. I don't need to 'road' it so I've only put it in H to test it.

It can be tough at times. Moving it a bit forward or back seems to solve that.

I think the 20 series has a bit faster hydraulics due to more flow.

/ Looking to pull the trigger on a 4820H but... #27  
The 4820 range shift is super buttery

They must have improved that then. The range shift on my 3725 is balky and sometimes hard to get fully into gear. It feels like the gear clearances are tight which is good for reducing backlash but bad for shifting.

Where is the tension spring for the HST pedals? Mine are pretty stiff. No creep though.

/ Looking to pull the trigger on a 4820H but... #28  
They must have improved that then. The range shift on my 3725 is balky and sometimes hard to get fully into gear. It feels like the gear clearances are tight which is good for reducing backlash but bad for shifting.

Where is the tension spring for the HST pedals? Mine are pretty stiff. No creep though.

They redesigned it with an H pattern and it's really nice. I heard the older ones were sort of difficult

I watched a video on it, under the pedals there is a floor plate you have to take off, under that there is the spring and it has an adjustment rod on one end.

/ Looking to pull the trigger on a 4820H but... #30  

The new models are 4 speed hydros I believe.

So not the same transmission as our 25 series. Mine also can be balky to change ranges, especially when cold. Also can't change ranges when the parking brake is on. Sometimes I just "nudge" the motion pedal either forward or reverse, and then the shifter just drops right in gear.

I hardly ever change ranges and am almost always in M range. Occasionally in L if I'm moving dirt or gravel piles and I do use H range when driving down the road.