lowe's wrong chain saw in box

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #71  
If you have purchased a new washer in the last 5 to 8 years, you know how hard it is to get a washer that cleans clothes. I looked at several different stores for a washer and compared price. I decided to go with a washer from Lowes. The price was good and free delivery and they took my old Sears away for free.

Richard
This is fair warning for someone with 28 year old appliances, which may need replacement. My understanding is that home appliances last about 7 years these days, which blows my mind. I am really not looking forward to replacing any of my appliances, whether the new one works well or not out of the box, and entering the throw-it-away and don't repair mode.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #72  
I thought I purchased a Craftman s205 chainsaw , but when I got home there was a troy built chainsaw in the box. also it had a damaged primer bulb. I took the troybuilt saw back to lowe's in the craftsman box I recieved it in along with the receipt. The manager looked up the troybuilt model # said the troybuilt saw was a home depot exclusive , and that no way did that saw come in that box from this store. I asked them to check another box. they brought one to the counter. unsnapped the case looked inside the closed the case quickly then told me they would not take back the saw. they didnt let me look inside the case. also the they said the saw I had fuel and oil residue in it, they said they cannot take back power equipment with fuel or oil residue . do new saws get tested before shipping? if so a saw new in the box that had been tested would not be returnable ? Anyway that was my only bad experience with lowes. not sure I will shop there again though
Most if not all stores will not take gas tools back if they have oil or gas. A junk yard here will not take and engine block unless gas and oil are vamoosed. Oil pan musr be removed.
Years ago had a friend buy a Poulan in a box, took it home, put chain on. Backwards! Called my wanting to know why it wouldn't cut vary well.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #73  
Rocco611,
You didn't by any chance put it on a credit card, did you? That could give you some footing when talking to the manager.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #74  
I believe MTD builds both saws, so it could be that it was placed in the wrong box after assembly. This would explain why the return desk clerk turned pale when he/she looked inside the other box - possibly quite a few were put in the wrong box and shipped.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #75  
I was at an auction recently that was selling Home Depot returns. Someone had bought a toilet, installed it, put their old toilet in the box, and returned it. Wasn't the same model or even brand. Really? You're going to put a used toilet in the box and return it as new.

Some people are just scum...

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #76  
I believe MTD builds both saws, so it could be that it was placed in the wrong box after assembly. This would explain why the return desk clerk turned pale when he/she looked inside the other box - possibly quite a few were put in the wrong box and shipped.
If that's the case, why be so dishonest? Why not simply rectify the problem with the customer?

While I did say previously I have had good luck at Lowe's, and I shop there frequently. I like the fact that with a business account you get 5% off on your purchases. But I also understand, you are basically on your own when you shop at a big box store. You're better off never asking for help, and simply going about your business. Forget trying to call the store on the telephone, that's a complete no-go. The Lowe's app is also extremely useful. I can use usually look a price up faster on the app than the cashier can from their computer. It will also tell you where things are in the store, if you happen to be at a location you aren't familiar with.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #77  
Reminds me of a Costco return- large stainless grill, dirty and still smelling of BBQ. The guys was proud to be able to return it. I asked one of the employees and they said it was far easier (and safer) just to take it back. People now believe if they make a big enough issue they will get whatever they want. Good lord .....

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #78  
I have to say that I'd never buy a box store chainsaw in the first place, I only buy Stihl and only from a the local Stihl dealer.
I agree 100%, if you cut many trees or use a woodstove for your main heat source in winter like I do you need a quality saw. There could be exceptions but a big box store just won't cut it (pun intended)

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #79  
I thought I purchased a Craftman s205 chainsaw , but when I got home there was a troy built chainsaw in the box. also it had a damaged primer bulb. I took the troybuilt saw back to lowe's in the craftsman box I recieved it in along with the receipt. The manager looked up the troybuilt model # said the troybuilt saw was a home depot exclusive , and that no way did that saw come in that box from this store. I asked them to check another box. they brought one to the counter. unsnapped the case looked inside the closed the case quickly then told me they would not take back the saw. they didnt let me look inside the case. also the they said the saw I had fuel and oil residue in it, they said they cannot take back power equipment with fuel or oil residue . do new saws get tested before shipping? if so a saw new in the box that had been tested would not be returnable ? Anyway that was my only bad experience with lowes. not sure I will shop there again though
Go back to the saws and open the boxes yourself. And next time, buy a Stihl

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #80  
I agree 100%, if you cut many trees or use a woodstove for your main heat source in winter like I do you need a quality saw. There could be exceptions but a big box store just won't cut it (pun intended)
Yep, I'll second that. We heat with wood as well. I have three Stihl chainsaws, a great big heavy professional model, a small lightweight homeowner model, and a medium duty model. My go-to for everyday felling of medium sized trees, and limbing, is usually the medium duty, since it is light enough to not kill me, lol. I'm no spring chicken. But the big boy comes out for the felling and rounding up of large logs.