lowe's wrong chain saw in box

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #81  
I think somebody purchased a new Craftsman saw, put their old Troybilt saw in the case and then returned it and somebody wasn't paying attention and it ended back on the shelf and you unfortunately purchased it. And also most stores will not let you return products that gas has been put into. Has to do with state and federal fire codes.
I am sure that happened. I bought a "new" printer at Wal-Mart and found a used printer inside the box. Fortunately, they took it back. It is sad that dishonest people do such things. But Lowe's should still honor the return, because it behooves them to inspect returned items before returning them to stock. I would take them to small claims court if necessary.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #82  
You definitely need to go back again to Lowes with your Saw and try again. Be calm, be polite and demand to see the manager if need be. Do not leave until you get your money back or the correct saw.

You're not the criminal, so you need to stand your ground and get what you deserve. You shouldn't be paying the price the the incompetence of Lowes return staff.

If it were me, I wouldn't have left until I got what I wanted/deserved, im not easily swayed when I know I'm right.

I once bought a new riding mower (John Deere) from Home Depot. loaded it on my trailer with the help of HD staff, secured it properly. Got home and the front deck hanger had snapped off, it was made of cheap pot metal. I didn't even take it off the trailer, I got back in the truck and took it back to HD. The manager argued with me for over 30 minutes that I must have damaged it putting it on or taking it off the trailer (nope). In the end they took it back and I got my $ back. No way was I paying for a riding mower that would break before it was even used.

I bought riding mower at Lowe’s for my dad. He insisted on the cheapest one. Took it to his house, an hour away. It sucked. (Troybuilt). I mowed just a short section, loaded it back on my truck, and returned it. They fought the return because I used it. I stood my ground and they took it back.

Bought pole saw from Amazon. Box it came in was obviously previously opened, tape was cut, etc. Wasn’t right model in the box, things were missing. Amazon third party seller refused a return, Amazon was no help. I had video of UPS dropping it on my porch, showing them delivering an unsealed box. I contacted UPS and refused delivery and they came and got it. Amazon did refund my money, but I was pissed they did nothing to help me from an unscrupulous 3rd party seller.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #83  
I have to say that I'd never buy a box store chainsaw in the first place, I only buy Stihl and only from a the local Stihl dealer.
I used to work for a guy when I was young, and he would only buy Homelite and similar crappy box store saws. There's nothing more aggravating than a chainsaw that is constantly breaking down, or won't start. Finally convinced him to get a Farm Boss 029, and he realized the error of his ways. He was paying me more to constantly fiddle with those cheap saws, than just having a decent running saw and paying me to actually work. I had an 039 that lasted me about 25 years.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #84  
Yep, I'll second that. We heat with wood as well. I have three Stihl chainsaws, a great big heavy professional model, a small lightweight homeowner model, and a medium duty model. My go-to for everyday felling of medium sized trees, and limbing, is usually the medium duty, since it is light enough to not kill me, lol. I'm no spring chicken. But the big boy comes out for the felling and rounding up of large logs.
I use my Stihl MS500i for almost everything. It is actually less tiring for me than the 50-75 cc saws I have used in the past, as it gets the job done much faster. My only other saw is a Kobalt 80 volt electric. It is ample to do quick limbing and to carry on the tractor when I bushhog trails in the woods and have to remove the occasional fallen tree or branch.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #85  
Yes, it says one thing, but when you take it into the store, they will give you a hard time..... this may solely be Lowes policy. I have not tried to take anything into Ace Hdw. , they may be a pleasure to deal with.

When there were Sears stores, never had a problem exchanging tools, including the ratchets.
I miss the sears stores, easy exchange on tools.
Within the last couple years, I went to exchange a couple ratchets and a broken socket. I went to Ace first, and they said they do not do exchanges on Craftsman tools anymore (I believe Ace stores are individually owned and operated though) I then went to a Lowes, they exchanged one ratchet because they had one that matched but not the other or the socket. I left the socket and the other ratchet in my truck, and a few weeks later I went to another Lowes, and were extremely helpful. they exchanged the second ratchet with an upgraded one for free, and told me they cant exchange a single broken socket, but if I brought in all of the sockets from the same set, they would exchange the whole set, which they did when I went back.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #86  
I used to work for a guy when I was young, and he would only buy Homelite and similar crappy box store saws. There's nothing more aggravating than a chainsaw that is constantly breaking down, or won't start. Finally convinced him to get a Farm Boss 029, and he realized the error of his ways. He was paying me more to constantly fiddle with those cheap saws, than just having a decent running saw and paying me to actually work. I had an 039 that lasted me about 25 years.

You talking about me?

My first chainsaw is a homelite, still got it somewhere Then I got Stihl 029 which I’ve had about 25 yrs.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #87  
Wife bought a 40 volt Ryobi self propelled electric mower at Home depot yesterday. Gets it home starts assembly and notices both arms(the handle) are broken (These new electrics are mainly Plastic.) She heads back to HD with the "new" mower and the assistant says I doubt it was broken in the box like that...
Wife says get another one and lets see.

They proceed to open 8 brand new mower boxes. 7 of 8 had broken handles/arms and out of 9 counting the original one she took back and were totally unusable they were so damaged.
Manager is called at that point and says somebody is in trouble for accepting damaged boxes. I have to wonder if the shipper stacked something like a unit of lumber on top of the boxes since they were all compressed in the same way. Since the handle was the longest piece it took the brunt of the force.
I wondered what happens to the stuff in all of the "Warehouse Fail" videos on YouTube. Now I know - restack the boxes and pretend it never happend.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #88  
I thought I purchased a Craftman s205 chainsaw , but when I got home there was a troy built chainsaw in the box. also it had a damaged primer bulb. I took the troybuilt saw back to lowe's in the craftsman box I recieved it in along with the receipt. The manager looked up the troybuilt model # said the troybuilt saw was a home depot exclusive , and that no way did that saw come in that box from this store. I asked them to check another box. they brought one to the counter. unsnapped the case looked inside the closed the case quickly then told me they would not take back the saw. they didnt let me look inside the case. also the they said the saw I had fuel and oil residue in it, they said they cannot take back power equipment with fuel or oil residue . do new saws get tested before shipping? if so a saw new in the box that had been tested would not be returnable ? Anyway that was my only bad experience with lowes. not sure I will shop there again though
It's wishful thinking, but the big box stores need to control the fraud by checking receipts against the merchandise returned. It's stupid business to let this kind of thing happen, but they don't care. They sell so much volume, and a few screwed and pissed off customers make zero blip on their radar.

The store managers would rather keep their blue and orange haired GenZ unreliable help desk employees happy than worry about a stupid chainsaw error.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #90  
My buddy was the store manager at the local Cabelas (he quit when Bass Pro took over, why I don't know and never asked) but he told me the 'bait and switch is alive and well at Cabelas / BP. He said a favorite thing was to take a high buck item, find a comparable low buck item and do the switcheroo.