LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount.

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount.
I also have a Lincoln grease gun....I love it. Bleeding is much easier, too. I put the grease in directly; no
cartridge.

... probably cheaper that way too. I may need to switch over to that method too.

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #102  
... probably cheaper that way too. I may need to switch over to that method too.

I still buy the black moly grease in the big cartridges, so no money is saved. The reason I do not use the
cartridges inside any of the large grease guns anymore is that I got more grease leakage between the cartridge
and the gun housing. Sometimes, grease comes out the base hole.

Wazzup TBN? Do you have a small backhoe that just doesn't cut it? Do you have trouble digging in hard rocky soil? The teeth of you bucket just scrape on the surface creating dust?

Are you disappointed with your bucket fill rate? You scoop just as hard as you can and all you get is a handful of aggregate?

Well cheer up TBN, I have two letters for you! TT!

Twin Tiger tooth. I've been digging in VA hard clay with big veins thick sandstone. I had to give up on one project and rent a 13,000lb CAT to finish.

Recently had another project that wasn't big enough to rent another machine but my backhoe wasn't getting it done either.

So I swapped my 16" four tooth bucket out for my smaller 12" with three teeth which should give more digging force (physics baby).

Well, that was better but still not getting it done.

So then I started researching the various bucket tooth profiles used in the industry and what applications they were used for. That's how I discovered twin tiger teeth.

Next problem, my teeth bolt on and the vendor doesn't offer anything but the stock general purpose teeth. The small backhoes we use on our tractors just don't have the selection of commercial Deere, CAT and Bobcat equipment.

Discovered replacement bucket adapters that can hold various profile teeth with a knockout pin. I looked all over but couldn't find one with the same center-to-center bolt spacing so found a weldable one instead and identified Twin Tiger teeth that would fit the adapter.

Found these at Romac:
20180921_161058.jpg

X230-156 base

Here is how they look compared to original (does this tooth make my bucket look small?):
20180921_205720.jpg

After welding on the bases and attaching teeth with pins:
20180921_225830.jpg 20180921_230058.jpg

Got a chance to try it out today:20180922_175332.jpg 20180922_175420.jpg

It did fantastic! The teeth are quite a bit longer than the original and I was skeptical if this would work or not but after getting used to the new geometry, it was ripping up big chunks of sandstone and filling the bucket a lot better than the original teeth. Big performance boost. Machine performed as well as a much, much larger one.

Looks a little more "normal" once the paint wore off:
20180922_173352.jpg 20180922_173416.jpg 20180922_173510.jpg

And now all I have to do to go back to a general purpose tooth is knock out a pin and change them.

Very worthwhile project that actually paid off (for once).

Just sharing in case it helps someone. And just a backhoe update since it has been a while. It's all running fine, it's got lots of hours on it and the subframe mount is holding up beautifully.

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #104  
Wazzup TBN? Do you have a small backhoe that just doesn't cut it? Do you have trouble digging in hard rocky soil? The teeth of you bucket just scrape on the surface creating dust?

Are you disappointed with your bucket fill rate? You scoop just as hard as you can and all you get is a handful of aggregate?

Well cheer up TBN, I have two letters for you! TT!

Twin Tiger tooth. I've been digging in VA hard clay with big veins thick sandstone. I had to give up on one project and rent a 13,000lb CAT to finish.

Recently had another project that wasn't big enough to rent another machine but my backhoe wasn't getting it done either.

So I swapped my 16" four tooth bucket out for my smaller 12" with three teeth which should give more digging force (physics baby).

Well, that was better but still not getting it done.

So then I started researching the various bucket tooth profiles used in the industry and what applications they were used for. That's how I discovered twin tiger teeth.

Next problem, my teeth bolt on and the vendor doesn't offer anything but the stock general purpose teeth. The small backhoes we use on our tractors just don't have the selection of commercial Deere, CAT and Bobcat equipment.

Discovered replacement bucket adapters that can hold various profile teeth with a knockout pin. I looked all over but couldn't find one with the same center-to-center bolt spacing so found a weldable one instead and identified Twin Tiger teeth that would fit the adapter.

Found these at Romac:
View attachment 571995

X230-156 base

Here is how they look compared to original (does this tooth make my bucket look small?):
View attachment 571996

After welding on the bases and attaching teeth with pins:
View attachment 571997 View attachment 571998

Got a chance to try it out today:View attachment 571999 View attachment 572000

It did fantastic! The teeth are quite a bit longer than the original and I was skeptical if this would work or not but after getting used to the new geometry, it was ripping up big chunks of sandstone and filling the bucket a lot better than the original teeth. Big performance boost. Machine performed as well as a much, much larger one.

Looks a little more "normal" once the paint wore off:
View attachment 572001 View attachment 572002 View attachment 572003

And now all I have to do to go back to a general purpose tooth is knock out a pin and change them.

Very worthwhile project that actually paid off (for once).

Just sharing in case it helps someone. And just a backhoe update since it has been a while. It's all running fine, it's got lots of hours on it and the subframe mount is holding up beautifully.

Very Impressive! Very worthwhile project.

Very Impressive! Very worthwhile project.

Thanks! It was fun. These are typically used in conjunction with single point Tiger Teeth in the center with the Twin teeth used on the edges but I decided to go for it use twin in the middle too.

When I bought my Ansung backhoe, I purchased both the 16" and 12" buckets.

The 16" came on it and never went to use the 12" for almost 4 years.

When I went to put it on, it wouldn't fit!

20180818_135323.jpg 20180818_135310.jpg

I thought I was screwed. Ansung admitted there dimensions between two models of their bucket are real close and said they probably grabbed the wrong one. Since I never used it they let me send it back and gave me a replacement complete with new pins!
20180912_130504.jpg

Still pretty impressed with Ansung!

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #107  
Thanks! It was fun. These are typically used in conjunction with single point Tiger Teeth in the center with the Twin teeth used on the edges but I decided to go for it use twin in the middle too.

It digs! And that is impressive. I love it when a project turns out well.

/ LS backhoe questions. please post pics of subframe mount. #108  
Well done, Hutchman! Thanks for the review!