LS Frame Issue Video

/ LS Frame Issue Video #61  
   / LS Frame Issue Video #62  
Guesseral,
I don't know.....I was wondering the same thing when I took the pics, I have a bag of extra bolts from when the tractor was delivered. I'll dig them out and see if they fit, one would think there should be some in there, but with both missing I'm also thinking maybe the holes serve another purpose.
Tom

I just looked at my 4047, and it didn't have a bolt in the forward holes (same as yours). In your picture, that part of the frame has a doubler to increase strength....I measured, and the two pieces of frame are .470" thick (measured the area with the half circle cutout), which makes that section .940" thick.

/ LS Frame Issue Video #63  
Is this a problem with certain models or does it affect all ls models? I have the g3033 so far so good, but it only has 40hrs on it too.

/ LS Frame Issue Video #64  
GmanBart,
I looked again at mine, and forgot that the outer plate is also welded onto the main frame rail in addition to being bolted. I don't think the missing bolt is that critical with it being welded. Thanks for measuring the two plates, I forgot to do so. I think the R4041/47's are safe from this problem. If I had an R3039, I'd be getting that fixed before a problem shows up.
tom

/ LS Frame Issue Video #65  
GmanBart,
I looked again at mine, and forgot that the outer plate is also welded onto the main frame rail in addition to being bolted. I don't think the missing bolt is that critical with it being welded. Thanks for measuring the two plates, I forgot to do so. I think the R4041/47's are safe from this problem. If I had an R3039, I'd be getting that fixed before a problem shows up.
tom

Yeah, I looked at the hole without the bolt very carefully....it's never had a bolt in there. The black paint was perfect, and glossy in both. I'm betting it's where something optional would bolt up.

/ LS Frame Issue Video #66  
Is this a problem with certain models or does it affect all ls models? I have the g3033 so far so good, but it only has 40hrs on it too.

So far the only reports we've seen have been on a couple of R3039s.

/ LS Frame Issue Video #67  
Guesseral,
I don't know.....I was wondering the same thing when I took the pics, I have a bag of extra bolts from when the tractor was delivered. I'll dig them out and see if they fit, one would think there should be some in there, but with both missing I'm also thinking maybe the holes serve another purpose.
Tom

Yea but if it is threaded I would put one in it. Better to be safe than sorry, I always go by the thought that overkill never killed anyone but under kill could. What does the other side look like is there an empty hole?

/ LS Frame Issue Video #68  
Yea but if it is threaded I would put one in it. Better to be safe than sorry, I always go by the thought that overkill never killed anyone but under kill could. What does the other side look like is there an empty hole?

That hole isn't threaded, and putting a bolt through it wouldn't really do anything. There is nothing on the far side of the hole, and what you're seeing is simply two pieces of steel that are welded together. The inside is the actual frame, and the outside (the part you can see with the semi-circular cutout) is a doubler that reinforces the frame where the loader mounts connect. The only way a bolt would help there is if all the welds on the plates fail, and then I think there are bigger issues at hand :shocked:

/ LS Frame Issue Video #69  
Well no threads no concern or choice. What I meant by the other side was the other side of the tractor, assuming if there were bolt holes on each side they could be for some optional equipment mounting.

/ LS Frame Issue Video #70  
Well no threads no concern or choice. What I meant by the other side was the other side of the tractor, assuming if there were bolt holes on each side they could be for some optional equipment mounting.

Oh, both sides have the same open hole. A few post back I mentioned it seems likely for optional equipment. I was thinking something like a plow frame attach point, or their new snow thrower.