LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #362  
Not satisfied with Kioti after all those years???
I was very satisfied with my kioti. My local dealer went out of business several years ago. So no dealer support locally anymore. I did visit 2 kubota dealers within 30 minutes of my home. They really didn't seem interested in selling or showing me anything.

/ LS or Kubota #364  
First, apologies if I missed anything important in the 31 pages I skipped.

There was a comment that a 20% discount could be had on the Kubota by pretending to have an interest in horses. If true, that makes the Kubota $2K cheaper than the LS.

Seems like a real no-brainer then.

/ LS or Kubota #365  
I don't know about that...I have compared these (a MT347 and a L4760). There are a lot of variables. LS includes a lot of features as standard (loader, rear remotes, drawbar) to the tune of $8980+ just in features you have to add to the Kubota to make them closer to apples-apples. Even with the horse discount, the Kubota comes in about $7k more. When you mix in implements, it just clouds the price issue.

My guess is the OP's quote already includes that discount (or an alternate one that does not 'stack'). There are plenty of threads where people wanted that discount and could only get it if they forwent any other discounts. This type of thing can be very dealer specific, so YMMV.

I get it, if price is not a big deal to you, Kubota makes a fine tractor. If the dealers are comparable and spending $7k more is no big deal, go for it. My better half is a (now retired) financial controller. No way she would approve a capital expenditure like that given the size of the price difference.

/ LS or Kubota #366  
I don't know about that...I have compared these (a MT347 and a L4760). There are a lot of variables. LS includes a lot of features as standard (loader, rear remotes, drawbar) to the tune of $8980+ just in features you have to add to the Kubota to make them closer to apples-apples. Even with the horse discount, the Kubota comes in about $7k more. When you mix in implements, it just clouds the price issue.

My guess is the OP's quote already includes that discount (or an alternate one that does not 'stack'). There are plenty of threads where people wanted that discount and could only get it if they forwent any other discounts. This type of thing can be very dealer specific, so YMMV.

I get it, if price is not a big deal to you, Kubota makes a fine tractor. If the dealers are comparable and spending $7k more is no big deal, go for it. My better half is a (now retired) financial controller. No way she would approve a capital expenditure like that given the size of the price difference.
I started out looking at the L4701 as well as the MF1850 & 2850. Almost pulled the trigger on the Kubota but then went and looked at Kioti. The Kioti DK4510 was $10,000 cheaper and had more options and creature comforts. I went back to drive the 4701 again and was struck with how stark and utilitarian it was compared to the Kioti. I used the same original budget to buy the DK4510 and added rear remotes, 3rd function, grapple and 84" rotary cutter, as well as filled tires and other minor add-ons. Very happy with this tractor.

/ LS or Kubota #367  
I started out looking at the L4701 as well as the MF1850 & 2850. Almost pulled the trigger on the Kubota but then went and looked at Kioti. The Kioti DK4510 was $10,000 cheaper and had more options and creature comforts. I went back to drive the 4701 again and was struck with how stark and utilitarian it was compared to the Kioti. I used the same original budget to buy the DK4510 and added rear remotes, 3rd function, grapple and 84" rotary cutter, as well as filled tires and other minor add-ons. Very happy with this tractor.
I'm, in the same boat as you, I can understand if you are depending on the tractor to get a crop in or at a construction site, but in my case dealer support is important just not as important. if it takes a few more days to fix something and it saves me a lot of $$$$s i can live with it. I bought a Mahindra and it was a LOT cheaper for the same capability's as an equivalent JD or Kubota and the dealer is actually closer to me than JD or Kubota, but even if it was not (within reason) I would still have gone with the Mahindra.

/ LS or Kubota #368  

Hopefully the OP has made his decision by now so we're just discussing colors. When I was tractor shopping 4 years ago I was up against a wall. I had waited too long before deciding to upgrade for my old L275. It was a great tractor for 12 years... but I'd had it for 14. ;)

I looked at several tractors including Deere, Mahindra, Massey, and Kioti. LS wasn't on my list and probably never will be because of experiences with the dealer back when he was an auto repairman... if he shook your hand it was best to count your fingers to make sure you got all of them back.
Then a friend's son bought a Montana from him...The front end bolts sheared off, severing the axle on that side.
Is it normal to write a 4 figure check for warranty work, because the dealer doesn't feel that the manufacturer pays enough?
That's an honest question which I have never gotten an answer to.

I bought another Kubota because I trusted it and needed something I could depend on. My father owned about 1/2 dozen, starting with the L245 he traded the 8N for in 1978. He had good luck with them, and I don't have money to gamble with.

/ LS or Kubota #369  
I hear you. A bad vibe or worse from a dealer can certainly make the difference. I really wanted Kubota to be a better deal for me. Literally the only dealer in the nearest town. Next town over has a JD and a NH/Mahindra. For various reasons, those are all off the table. I had a much better experience with dealers further away. The 'big' LS dealer was not good, but 2 others who sell LS and other brands were excellent.

/ LS or Kubota #370  
I looked at several tractors including Deere, Mahindra, Massey, and Kioti. LS wasn't on my list and probably never will be because of experiences with the dealer back when he was an auto repairman... if he shook your hand it was best to count your fingers to make sure you got all of them back.
Then a friend's son bought a Montana from him...The front end bolts sheared off, severing the axle on that side.
Is it normal to write a 4 figure check for warranty work, because the dealer doesn't feel that the manufacturer pays enough?
That's an honest question which I have never gotten an answer to.

You've mentioned this dealer before, and I know one LS dealer for sure that used to sell Montana, and if it's the same one I've always been a bit wary.