LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #41  
Lool into the whole issue of proprietary connections.
I've read that the LS has a lot of proprietary connection points. Dunno what they are. check it out.
Nothing proprietary except for the 'OBD II' plug, which is a common plug, just different from the automotive plug.

Of course, the bolts are metric, the grease zerks have BSP threads, quick connect hoses are standard ag couplers.

/ LS or Kubota #42  
LS

Bought P7010C in 2014. Rode it for 7 hours this weekend pulling 10' cutter. 774 hrs on the clock.

CT

/ LS or Kubota #43  
When I got mine, I ended up going with the LS because it was more tractor with more options for less money. It was a wise move because it's been very good to me and the dealership/service have been excellent.

/ LS or Kubota #45  
My Kubota dealer is fighting for my business as I’ve purchased from him before.
Here’s the breakdown of each unit.

LS MT340 HST-Cab-Loader
Dual rear remote
Top and tilt
Heat/AC
Wipers front and rear
Lights front and rear
Third function
Draft control
Radio
Forks
Box blade

$$39,246 with 6% sales tax

Kubota Grand L3560-HST-Cab-L805 loader same as above

$46,422 with 6% sales tax

LS or Kubota
Kubota!

/ LS or Kubota #46  

LS MT340 HST-Cab-Loader
Dual rear remote
Top and tilt
Heat/AC
Wipers front and rear
Lights front and rear
Third function
Draft control
Radio
Forks
Box blade

LS or Kubota
I have an LS J2030H. I bought it used with 300 hours on it about 4 years ago. Of course this is smaller and older than the one your looking at. I now have about 1,400 hours on it. I have a backhoe, FEL and 72 inch finishing mower. I mow about 10 acres here in Texas. I used the backhoe to dig trenches for my irrigation. I have about 5 acres fully completed. I happened to have the property where the rancher loaded all the rock from all the surrounding area. The rocks were about 6 to 8 feet high by about 20 feet wide by 200 feet long. I have moved about 100 feet of those rocks to the back and side of the property. The front of our house is no longer a place for the snakes to live in. As you may imagine tons of rock moving and about 4000 feet of trenches is rough on a small tractor like mine but for the most part it has held up well. I do not have a good dealer close by. I wish I did. Have to buy replacement parts online or over the phone. I have had to rewire my main fuse line and fuel pump solenoid. I had to replace the front seals. I have had to replace the hydrostatic pump twice. I also had to remove some of the safety switch relays because they would randomly turn off the tractor. The biggest issue with the tractor is its vibration. About twice a year I bring it in my shed and take off the rear tires and put a socket to every bolt I can find. There will be a least a couple that work themselves loose even when I put lock tight on them. One issue I cannot resolve is getting parts for my backhoe. It is an LS1103 backhoe. It is less than 10 years old. I need to replace a couple of the Pins/shafts that hold the backhoe swivel from left to right. According to the dealer, LS no longer makes or sells the parts for this backhoe. They said I would need to get a fabricator to make them. I will not replace my tractor with an LS because of the lack of parts within 10 years. I really like the tractor. It is a workhorse. My neighbor just purchased and LS. About twice the size of mine and it has all the extras to include Cab with heat and A/C. Looks like a nice tractor. Hopefully LS has fixed all the issues that had to be done on mine. Fortunately this forum and others have provided very valuable information when it comes to troubleshooting and replacing parts. Hope all goes well with whatever tractor you decide to purchase.

/ LS or Kubota #47  
You don't see them for sale because we like them so much, we hang onto them. :)

If you are financing the LS at 5% for 84 months, at the end, you will have paid $43k. Basically the exact same price as the Kubota at 0%.

From a financial standpoint, (no, I'm not a financial planner), and with the financial mess that is the global economy right now (can you say recession right around the corner?) I would recommend saving your monthly payments until you can pay cash for the tractor. LS gave me a $2k discount for paying cash, further increasing the difference in price with the Kubota. Kubota offered no cash discount.

If the bottom of the economy does fall out in the next 6-18 months, like it's looking like it very well may, you may find a lot of dealers happy to make a sweeter deal. As my dad always says, buy low, sell high. Right now, prices are at all time highs.

But, if you feel you have to have it now, if it's Kubota at 0% versus LS at 4-5%, the final dollar amount is going to be within a grand or so.

If I were in that situation, I probably would have gone with Kubota because of the good, established dealer in my area.
I don’t like to finance, I buy in cash but a lot of people are not in a position to do that. With that said, 0% is the same as buying in cash! If you can finance for 0%(which is hard to find right now) then why wait to same the money. Makes no sense! I don’t agree with saving up to purchase in this case.

/ LS or Kubota #48  
Summerix is the dealer I would be going with.
I know Ginop sells NH, is that your backup dealer?
I agree with the lack of snow and reoccurring jobs.
Based on the weak dealer comment, can I assume you’ve had issues with the LS?
In spite of the fact that Ginop still has the big New Holland sign out front, they do not sell New Holland any more. I asked, why the sign then? They said it belongs to New Holland, and they have so far refused to remove it, and Ginop doesn't want to shoulder the cost of removal. I am disappointed, as I have a New Holland TC30, and now the distance to the nearest new Holland dealer has tripled.

/ LS or Kubota #49  

LS MT340 HST-Cab-Loader
Dual rear remote
Top and tilt
Heat/AC
Wipers front and rear
Lights front and rear
Third function
Draft control
Radio
Forks
Box blade

LS or Kubota
Your lucky if your Kubota wants your business. I live in East Texas and the dealer where I’m at has the attitude you have to buy from them and not question the price. I go to central Texas to buy the same stuff, even if the price is the same which it’s not. I don’t have to buy from them.

/ LS or Kubota #50  

LS MT340 HST-Cab-Loader
Dual rear remote
Top and tilt
Heat/AC
Wipers front and rear
Lights front and rear
Third function
Draft control
Radio
Forks
Box blade

LS or Kubota
I was led down the wrong path by buying a LS XR3032H tractor. That tractor has been in and out of the shop so many times I don't recall how many times it was in for repairs. I had to get an attorney to help me with the warranty repairs, and LS still wouldn't reset the warranty back to "as New". I wouldn't dare touch another LS product no matter what label it has. My tractor sat unable to be used for almost 2 years while I had to get an attorney to get LS to repair this POS. My first LS dealer sold his tractor business to another unsuspecting man. That man no longer sells LS or any other brand of tractors. Apparently he learned his lesson the hard way too. Kubota is a good, well known brand that's been around for a long time. I sure wish I had spent the extra money and went with a Kubota and was able to enjoy my purchase instead of loathing it. Good luck with your decision. If it were me, I'd run away from any offer LS has to make you. Personally, LS couldn't give me another tractor after what I've been through.