LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #321  
How do you personally define bad mouthing another brand?
Well, the Kubota dealer said "good luck getting anyone to work on it", "You probably won't be able to get parts", "hopefully when you need to use it, it won't be broke". And the typical "you'll get what you pay for".

The JD dealer only said the typical "well they lie about the specs.... "
We didn't stay long enough to hear any more.

/ LS or Kubota #322  
Well, the Kubota dealer said "good luck getting anyone to work on it", "You probably won't be able to get parts", "hopefully when you need to use it, it won't be broke". And the typical "you'll get what you pay for".

Same stuff and even worse can be read all over this forum towards any other brand other than JD and Kubota. They do it in a subtle way so it so it doesn't sound near as bad or so it squeezes under the no brand bashing rules or something. It does get tiresome and it's mostly based on pure misinformation.

/ LS or Kubota #323  
JD lied about my specs also.
My lift capacity and pto capacity were quite understated on my jd machine by jd. I have been pleasantly surprised

/ LS or Kubota #324  
They are all understated. The long term damage from exceeding the specs could come back to bite you. What's possible is not the same as what's rational.

/ LS or Kubota #325  
The only dealer I've heard badmouth their competition is the manufacturer of a grapple which is very popular on TBN.
They also posted a customer's letter of complaint on their FB page, and encouraged their fanboys to badmouth him.
That's one big reason that I own an MTL.

/ LS or Kubota #326  
Well 10+ years of flaw free functionality

Hell, it still has the same battery.

I haven’t even checked the air in the tires ( although I did promise I would in the steel/laminate 20 ft+ beam pic that I posted somewhere)

Maybe tomorrow

I guess it was built well enough!

/ LS or Kubota #327  

Well, I guess if I let a poor dealer (s) experience dictate my purchasing options, I would have never purchased a Porsche 911. And, that would have been unfortunate, since it was such a great vehicle and overall ownership experience.

Apparently, I didn’t fit the ‘traditional’ Porsche buyer. Perhaps I wasn’t of the correct age demographic, I didn’t talk the right talk, wear the right clothes, or earn the ‘right’ to purchase such a vehicle…regardless of these shortcomings, I muscled through the purchase process once I found the right vehicle (not the right dealer).

Over time, after exhausted research, I found the facilities that could maintain and repair my 911 when necessary to my satisfaction.

Had I based my purchasing decision on dealerships experience alone, I would have never bought a 911.

I’m glad I didn’t let that stop me. The 911 was a great vehicle…even after costing me quite a bit of money in maintenance and repairs over the years. There was something unique about driving that vehicle and the ‘real’ enthusiasts that own them. It was unlike other performance vehicles I’ve owned.

I somewhat reluctantly sold the vehicle some years ago, for a substantial profit…including the original purchase price (and all maintenance and repairs).

I can’t let dealers get in my way…

Mike

/ LS or Kubota #328  
Well, I guess if I let a poor dealer (s) experience dictate my purchasing options, I would have never purchased a Porsche 911. And, that would have been unfortunate, since it was such a great vehicle and overall ownership experience.

Apparently, I didn’t fit the ‘traditional’ Porsche buyer. Perhaps I wasn’t of the correct age demographic, I didn’t talk the right talk, wear the right clothes, or earn the ‘right’ to purchase such a vehicle…regardless of these shortcomings, I muscled through the purchase process once I found the right vehicle (not the right dealer).

Over time, after exhausted research, I found the facilities that could maintain and repair my 911 when necessary to my satisfaction.

Had I based my purchasing decision on dealerships experience alone, I would have never bought a 911.

I’m glad I didn’t let that stop me. The 911 was a great vehicle…even after costing me quite a bit of money in maintenance and repairs over the years. There was something unique about driving that vehicle and the ‘real’ enthusiasts that own them. It was unlike other performance vehicles I’ve owned.

I somewhat reluctantly sold the vehicle some years ago, for a substantial profit…including the original purchase price (and all maintenance and repairs).

I can’t let dealers get in my way…

Mike
Out of curiosity, what made you decide to sell it?

/ LS or Kubota #329  
Out of curiosity, what made you decide to sell it?
The Pacific Northwest weather, climate and perhaps critters.
I refused to watch that car deteriorate before my eyes without a proper air-conditioned garage under my ownership.

I felt it was best to pass it on to a new owner that would properly care for and enjoy it.

My new garage is being planned but, we’re probably a couple years out before we break ground…it’s gonna be expensive.

Mike

/ LS or Kubota #330  
Funny, I ended up w a 911 for exactly the opposite reason.^

Same story at massarrti as you noted. Wrong clothes, demographic etc. Couldn’t even get a test drive despite our appointment for one even despite the 840+ credit and financial checks. “It must have been my flannel, lol”

So, off to Nissan to try another GTR and then Porsche for a 911 Turbo S. They only had 911 4s in showroom (as they have 4 build spots for turbos per year)
4s was nice and they happily sold me a turbo post test drive.

Just like you, it worked out for the better, thank god the Maserati dealer was unaccommodating

I am in agreement, I wish I didn’t sell it despite the profit