LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #391  
I actually spoke with a corporate person regarding starting up a dealership. They pulled all of the regional sales figures from the 4 tractor dealers here.... K, JD, Mah, and NH. He did an analysis and felt that another brand (LS) would definitely capture some of the market.

Going further into it, it would take about $250-350K in a credit line for the "floorplan" inventory. This would be through Wells Fargo.... 1st strike!
That would be in addition to leasing or buying a building on my own dime, possibly another $200-250K.....strike 2! Then all salaries / benefits for employees would also be out of pocket for at least the first 6 months, probably a year.....strike 3!

I could have jumped in 'whole hog', but there is a lot of risk involved for sure! Enough risk that I did not want to take a chance on loosing my retirement funds. Just way too many variables to chance. There were other deciding factors that came into play... this area has very little farming, the demand is for the typical homeowner tractor. The floorplan requires to have sizes across the board, so there could have been larger tractors sitting on the lot for possibly months or even longer.

I have previous business experience, and there were just too many risks to make the gamble worth it to me. I believe that the failure rate of start up dealers is high due to these risks and more.

Yep, ya hit the nail on the head with everything said there. On top of that, imagine what happens when supplied with defective product and warranties are not paid or they give you stuff to sell without the necessary service documentation or tools available. Manufacturers have no problem with ruining the name of an existing business too.

/ LS or Kubota #392  
Beware: As my husband tries to warn others on so many things ranging from politics to everyday purchases. False advertising comes in many different forms.

He often says if he had a dollar for every bulls$$+ story or inaccurate comparrison he heard from people about one car, truck, motorcycle or tractor being better or worse than the next because of blind loyalty he would be a billionaire!

Why do you not list those propietary items?
Why do you repeat a rumor that you have no facts to support?

I honestly think simply repeating hearsay like that is only adding to the demise of our civilization, especially when the truth can be found in just moments with the computer a few strokes of the keyboard and avoiding known unreliable sources that everyone knows practice censorship. Not very concerned about the censorship when it comes to tractors but other things that step becomes very important.

Janet
Wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard “Ford owns Cummins” lol

/ LS or Kubota #393  
Did y'all know that Cummin's owns Catapillar

willy

/ LS or Kubota #394  
I actually spoke with a corporate person regarding starting up a dealership. They pulled all of the regional sales figures from the 4 tractor dealers here.... K, JD, Mah, and NH. He did an analysis and felt that another brand (LS) would definitely capture some of the market.

Going further into it, it would take about $250-350K in a credit line for the "floorplan" inventory. This would be through Wells Fargo.... 1st strike!
That would be in addition to leasing or buying a building on my own dime, possibly another $200-250K.....strike 2! Then all salaries / benefits for employees would also be out of pocket for at least the first 6 months, probably a year.....strike 3!

I could have jumped in 'whole hog', but there is a lot of risk involved for sure! Enough risk that I did not want to take a chance on loosing my retirement funds. Just way too many variables to chance. There were other deciding factors that came into play... this area has very little farming, the demand is for the typical homeowner tractor. The floorplan requires to have sizes across the board, so there could have been larger tractors sitting on the lot for possibly months or even longer.

I have previous business experience, and there were just too many risks to make the gamble worth it to me. I believe that the failure rate of start up dealers is high due to these risks and more.
Dealing with wells will find a way to rip you off Fargo would have been more than enough to have me RUN, not walk.
As for the other cash needs, isn’t that just pocket change for everyone these days? 😜

Janet

/ LS or Kubota #395  
Dealing with wells will find a way to rip you off Fargo would have been more than enough to have me RUN, not walk.
As for the other cash needs, isn’t that just pocket change for everyone these days? 😜

Janet
Worst part is, after a couple or few years, the manufacturer will change floor plan and financing providers. Puts the dealer in a tough spot.

/ LS or Kubota #396  
Wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard “Ford owns Cummins” lol
This contributed to the rumor, I'm sure.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...zkmoFHRIADmcQ9QF6BAgVEAE#imgrc=n3TgX_I87H1gaM
Back in 1990 Ford Motor Company purchased 10.8% of common stock in the company. The company even had a seat on the Board their own Vice President (Kenneth R. Dabrowski)Then in 1997 Cummins purchased the shares (1.3 Million worth) back from Ford and that was that.Mar 29, 2018

/ LS or Kubota #397  
This contributed to the rumor, I'm sure.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1ZCEB_enUS836US836&sxsrf=ALiCzsarGrx2PJk1UdBp20LOvanu236aJg:1659385132777&q=When+did+Ford+own+Cummins?&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&vet=1&fir=n3TgX_I87H1gaM%2CE0xi_7ehldZSxM%2C_&usg=AI4_-kQ0nGrf-jIP8wPuq61ZHJxZtqz92w&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiQx4mru6b5AhWzkmoFHRIADmcQ9QF6BAgVEAE#imgrc=n3TgX_I87H1gaM
Back in 1990 Ford Motor Company purchased 10.8% of common stock in the company. The company even had a seat on the Board their own Vice President (Kenneth R. Dabrowski)Then in 1997 Cummins purchased the shares (1.3 Million worth) back from Ford and that was that.Mar 29, 2018
Thinking about this I only had two good fords. Well my husband had one and I had the other.
One had the inline 6 gass and the other had a Cummins. Both still run to this day but have been removed from road use do to rust.

Janet

/ LS or Kubota #398  
On a similar note, Chrysler owned Lamborghini for 7 years... 😂

/ LS or Kubota #399  
My friend is going through this. An equivalent Kubota to the LS MT3 Cab he is looking at will be $9,000 more.

He spent about 1/2 an hour on my LS after church this week and really liked it.

I told him the Kubota was a better tractor. IMO the LS dealer is far better than the local Kubota dealer. Like me, he looks at the $9,000 difference and cannot justify it.

BTW, my LS is three years old and has 250 hours on it. He asked why the hours are so low. I explained to him I am a "hobby" user, like he will be. You will put a lot more hours on in the first year getting jobs done and once they are done you have fewer projects. Our "routine" jobs are grading, snow removal, food plots, and firewood processing. I told him even if he puts on double what I do (170 hrs a year) these tractors will go over 5000 hours. That is 30 years.

It makes that $9,000 difference difficult to justify unless you have the money. OTOH, $9,000 is only $300/year for a better machine if you live another 30 years. But I am 71 and went with the 'POS' LS and have no regrets. He is 55 but not rich and will likely get the LS as well.

/ LS or Kubota #400  
My friend is going through this. An equivalent Kubota to the LS MT3 Cab he is looking at will be $9,000 more.

He spent about 1/2 an hour on my LS after church this week and really liked it.

I told him the Kubota was a better tractor. IMO the LS dealer is far better than the local Kubota dealer. Like me, he looks at the $9,000 difference and cannot justify it.

BTW, my LS is three years old and has 250 hours on it. He asked why the hours are so low. I explained to him I am a "hobby" user, like he will be. You will put a lot more hours on in the first year getting jobs done and once they are done you have fewer projects. Our "routine" jobs are grading, snow removal, food plots, and firewood processing. I told him even if he puts on double what I do (170 hrs a year) these tractors will go over 5000 hours. That is 30 years.

It makes that $9,000 difference difficult to justify unless you have the money. OTOH, $9,000 is only $300/year for a better machine if you live another 30 years. But I am 71 and went with the 'POS' LS and have no regrets. He is 55 but not rich and will likely get the LS as well.
I've said this several times before, probably even in this thread. LS is the new kid on the block right now, and trying to capture market share. They seem to have a pretty good product and most people I talk to/read about are satisfied customers. I believe that as time goes on their pricing will increase; likely enough to negate the corresponding depreciation.

Having said that, I'm still a Kubota snob. :D