Ls same engine different hp ratings

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #21  
Most of the manufactures have several models with the same engine and different hp ratings.
Just look at International and the DT466, between several different tractors, combines and trucks
with a multitude of HP ratings from 150 to over 300 Horse.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #22  
I did some checking on the ECU programming with Ekotune.

The LS/New Holland can be programmed but not with a handheld tuner. The ECU would have to be opened and a Transdata system used to program it. So currently it is not that simple of a process.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #23  
If any of y'all come across a viable option.....please let me know. We had a pretty rough winter and if I could bump up from 40 hp to 50-55.....it would help me blow the snow a bit better......don't really want to trade the tractor in to just add the extra hp.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #24  
Does anyone know if adding a turbocharger is an option on these three cylinder diesels?

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #25  
Does anyone know if adding a turbocharger is an option on these three cylinder diesels?

One person's unhappy saga adding a turbocharger to a Kubota:

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...97525-i-still-hate-my-tractor.html?highlight=

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...11706-i-still-hate-my-tractor.html?highlight=

In one of Ted Coriher's videos for everytfhingattachments.com, in which Ted turns up the power on a New Holldand, he warns of cooling issues as if run at full throttle for long.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #26  

They've already got one. The cutest little baby turbo I've ever seen. Did you miss it? I wouldn't hold it against you if you did. Or do you mean add an additional turbo?

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #27  
I was told that the turbo was only used to put more air to pass the EPA. I would think that LS might offer a power upgrade for a fee if the programming is the only difference. That would mean that it still passed the EPA and would not void the warranty. Putting out more power, I would think is more wear on the engine and tractor. Hence higher cost of the warranty.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #29  
I was told that the turbo was only used to put more air to pass the EPA. I would think that LS might offer a power upgrade for a fee if the programming is the only difference. That would mean that it still passed the EPA and would not void the warranty. Putting out more power, I would think is more wear on the engine and tractor. Hence higher cost of the warranty.

I ask my Dealer about that and he said that if they had to replace the computer they had to furnish the S/N and then they get a program to flash that computer only , so a sneak upgrade through your dealer wont work and he said you cant pay for a upgrade hp boost front LS.
Im sure someone is going to have a work around this soon.

/ Ls same engine different hp ratings #30  
Exactly, the motor parts are the same. On the Boomer I found one difference - the air cleaner changes at 45 and above.
Do you know how they are different and if the air cleaner can be retro-fitted on a 40?

Thanks