LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #51  
Little Blue,

Wix makes NAPA's filters, the numbers are the same except Wix branded filters start with a 5. I bought the 51365 first after reading this thread. The outside dimensions match the factory filter quite well, but is slightly smaller than the blue LS branded filter I put on at 50 hrs that I got from my McCormick dealer. That's what made me dig a little deeper. I used Wix's filter search online for the Mitsubishi S4L engine, and that gave me the 51356 number.

I was at a farm show yesterday and looked at the filter on a Farmall 35b with the S4L2 engine. The outside filter dimensions appeared to be closer to that of the 51356. CNH calls for the same filter for the S4L and S4L2 engines.

Comparing the two filter specifications, the only difference is that the 51356 is a little taller and has a burst pressure of 363 psi vs. 300 for the 51365. All other dimensions and specs are identical. I used the 51356 filter for my oil change today, but after digging more it looks like either should work fine.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #52  
I am looking for some help in locating the following filters for my LS 3038

Fuel filter PN 40006997.

Engine oil filter PN 40006977

Outer air filter PN 40007575.

Inner air filter PN 40049447

Transmission filter PN 40007563 / WIX 51551

Hydraullic PN 40007638 / WIX 51715

BTW it seems to be a great product so far, 2 months and 50 hours later

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #53  
Could someone check these 5030 WIX filter numbers for me. I can't find a WIX cross for the oil filter.

Oil Filter, PN 40236010
Fuel Filter, PN 40006997 / WIX 33128
Outer Air Filter, PN 40007576 / WIX 46489
Inner Air Filter, PN 40049446 / WIX 46490
Hydraulic Filter, PN 40007638 / WIX 51715

thanks

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #54  
You can check with your local McCormick dealer, they can get the LS filters, there CT model tractors were the same...

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #55  
One thing to keep in mind folks, using any filters other than LS OEM Filters while the Tractor is under Warranty will void it if you have a problem, once you are out of Warranty probably no big deal and the LS Filters are priced quite reasonably too.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #56  
There are laws that out law that. As long as the replacement part meets specs it fills warranty needs.
Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #57  
One thing to keep in mind, just because a part # crosses dose not mean it meets OEM spec.I have crossed OEM filters to wix then took the wix # and crossed it to baldwin and got 2 different filter # with different by pass pressure. Then put the 2 baldwin # back into wix and got a different fiter # from the first wix. Some companys have more applications and part # some will fit many application with less part #. So you really dont know. LS stresses to use genuine filters. They really price out fair. I beleve air, fuel, and engine oil would be ok, but HYD and HST use OEM. At our shop we only use OEM for the brands we sell to avoid any issue with warranty and liabillity.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #58  
I have no problem using OEM filters on my equipment as per this site folks posting prices, I cant see much difference in price between what I paid for OEM vs NAPA Or Wix. I do have a problem with using supposedly proprietary oils like the Kubota UDT that I am quite certain is nothing more than what one can find at TSC or other places that have universal hydraulic fluid that supposedly specs out the same as Hy-Tran, JD 303, Kubota UDT and many others and it is less than half the price. I don't know why no one stocks a full synthetic hydraulic oil as they all handle full synthetic motor oils. I cant see paying 20+ bucks a gallon for it from the orange guys though when the $7 per gallon works fine for me. My take on oil is that not one tractor company makes oil so they get someone like Warren Oil to bottle it and double or triple the price and then say only use our branded oil or void your warranty. Automotive companies faced that lawsuit many decades ago and lost so since then they had to just put the spec in and not specify a OEM branded oil that might be Shell or Exxon or Warren on any other refinery oil same as you can buy on Walmart shelves. If folks want to pay 100 for oil that has super claims to fame, that is fine with me, it is not my money. I spent 35 years doing quality control work and in working with engineers, rarely did we have to go with a specific one of a kind brand which may be listed as such and such OR Equivalent. Providing the specs for the equivalent would almost always result in approval IF they were indeed the same. Without doing our on testing, we pretty much have to rely on 3rd party testing of everything which could be API, UL or other facilities that do independent testing and certification. If the company providing the product says that it meets API xxxx spec and it doesn't then we go get us some lawyers that needs some money.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #59  
Just Purchased my filters for my 3033 from my dealer. They were reasonably priced. I would go with OEM if under warranty. I am sure there are great or even better filters out there, but I am not sure the hassle is worth it if there is a problem. My only problem was finding a suitable trans oil for the tractor. Not all trans oils are created equal. Your hydraulic pump will tell you that, when you put new oil in that it does not like. My dealer does not carry LS oil, but gave me suggestions on brands that were suitable.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #60  
Yet again I find my manual and myself separated. Can someone give me the lowdown on 100 hr service. I want to be prepared when I go to the farm. Thanks on advance. R4041ez