Comparison LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #31  
These tractors are not SCUT tractors! They are CUT tractors that use standard 3 point attachments. I have a Kubota BX1800 this is a SCUT tractor! It needs sub-compact attachments to work well! I use the Kubota for grass cutting 95% of the time.

That is an opinion, not a fact. There are no universally recognized standards for what is and isn't a SCUT or CUT. This argument pops up time and again, and will never be settled.

The reality is your BX is one of the smallest SCUTs and has a base weight, of about 1,300lbs. The LS XJ2025H has a base weight of 1,605lbs (note that TractorData has incorrect weight numbers). The BX has a wheelbase of 55" and width of 45". The XJ has a wheelbase of 59" and a width of 45". In short, they're in the same ballpark of length, width and weight. Yes, the LS is a bit bigger and heavier, but it's not in a completely different class.

Even small CUTs frequently weigh at least 1,000lbs more than the machines you're talking about, and quite a few CUTs get well over 4,000lbs base weight. To suggest that a 1,600lb XJ2025H is in the same class as something like a 4,000lb L6060 (which isn't even the biggest/heaviest CUT around) is just silly.

In the end, it doesn't really matter....the OP is looking at this size machine, regardless of what class people think it fits in. For whatever reason, nearly every time this debate comes up, it's someone with one of the smaller CUTs taking offense to the slightly larger machines being put in the same class.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H
I looked at the Kubota BX, Kioti CS and the Mahindra eMax--- all good compact machines but with the small "sneakers" on them, I don't think they're ideal for in the woods where I'll be mostly or in the field.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #33  
The LS XJ2025H has a base weight of 1,605lbs (note that TractorData has incorrect weight numbers)......To suggest that a 1,600lb XJ2025H is in the same class as something like a 4,000lb L6060 (which isn't even the biggest/heaviest CUT around) is just silly.

I don't point this out because it changes what class it is in (and I don't care about classes), but the LS website has the XJ2025 weight listed as - "Total tractor weight without ballast, lbs.: 1785". Do they have it listed wrong?

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #34  
I don't point this out because it changes what class it is in (and I don't care about classes), but the LS website has the XJ2025 weight listed as - "Total tractor weight without ballast, lbs.: 1785". Do they have it listed wrong?

Interesting....the LS site lists the XJ2025H as 1,608lbs and the XJ2025 as being 1,785lbs. If anything, they may have them reversed?

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #35  
I have had a kubota BX22 for 18 plus years and have always had good service and have not had any major worries with it. With all the attachments front end loader, backhoe, 60" mower deck and a 48" tiller. I think kubota is a good tractor but now I am in the market to buy another tractor but can't make up my mind if I should go back with kubota or maybe something else. Kubota you pay for the name kubota as you do with John Deere. I kind of wanted to get away from this and try the mahindra or the kioti once. I am still in the process of looking at prices and what attachments for each. I am reading all this on the forum and hopefully this will help me make up my mind.

Larry

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #36  
Larry, it's pretty hard to buy a bad tractor these days so long as you find one that fits your needs and don't buy some chinese import tractor. JD, MF, NH, Kubota, Kioti, LS, Mahindra, TYM, etc. all make good tractors. Find a dealer you trust that will treat you right and look for a tractor to fit your needs.

We like to spit, cuss and argue about brands and specs, but they are all pretty good. In my opinion, some provide more value than others by including useful features that other brands either sell as options or don't offer at all. You just gotta figure out what you want. When I was shopping, I made a list of my absolute requirements, my strong preferences and other things that I would like but didn't care too much about one way or the other.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #37  
Larry, it's pretty hard to buy a bad tractor these days so long as you find one that fits your needs and don't buy some chinese import tractor. JD, MF, NH, Kubota, Kioti, LS, Mahindra, TYM, etc. all make good tractors. Find a dealer you trust that will treat you right and look for a tractor to fit your needs.

We like to spit, cuss and argue about brands and specs, but they are all pretty good. In my opinion, some provide more value than others by including useful features that other brands either sell as options or don't offer at all. You just gotta figure out what you want. When I was shopping, I made a list of my absolute requirements, my strong preferences and other things that I would like but didn't care too much about one way or the other.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #38  
Pappy you make a good point there. I know what I want as far as requirements in a tractor but reading all the different comments has me thinking that some are better than others. My Kubota that I have had 18 plus years has served me right. The old tractor has over 1500 hrs on it and have had no major breakdowns just minor repairs like hydraulic hoses ect. I think in this discussion some good points are made on weight of the tractor and what you are going to do with it. I do a lot of digging up trees and brush with mine without mostly a hitch till two weeks ago when I blew a cylinder on the backhoe and after paying three hundred dollars getting it fixed and replaced a day later I blew out the control valves on the backhoe. My wife told me it isn't the tractor that is starting to fade it's the backhoe and to a point she is right so maybe I need to rethink a new tractor and concentrate on a new backhoe.

Larry

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H
Pulled the trigger. The new blue tractor should arrive in about a week and a half. LS XJ2025H with loader, backhoe, bush hog and back blade. The stress of having to decide was getting to be too much.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #40  
Looking for a tractor is a lot of fun but sure can get stressful too. I hope the LS serves you well.