Comparison LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #41  
Glad you made a decision. For most of us, there is no perfect tractor. Every buying decision involves compromises. I've looked at the XJ2025H and the J2023H, and they are nice tractors. I'm sure it will serve you well.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #42  
This thread is pretty old now but heck, as a new member I got tons of info and many laughs from reading it all. For what it is worth; my distant neighbor named Tommy, lives about two miles away. Tommy bought his Kub BX 2350 FEL about 9yrs ago brand new. So far, he has cleared 4-5 acres of the toughest brush mother nature offers along with burning piles of tree stumps and worthless cottonwood logs my Son fell and or, dug out with his small trac hoe. This little SCUT tractor has been used harder then any tractor I know of, it now looking like S--- all over and is seldom under cover, just a piece of old roofing tin laid over it. It has been used to dig parts of his house foundation, barn foundation, make a driveway 300 ft long, level a huge one acre yard plus clean and level about 800 ft of fence line. Has moved and back dragged maybe 20 truck loads of gravel and it still starts and runs every time out. Although the hydro is very noisy to me, Tommy says it has always been that way. So if anyone thinks these "little engines that could" are not tough, I have seen what they can do first hand....Tommy paid $9200. out the door he told me, getting one free service. He says the BX has cost him almost nothing but fluid changes, diesel, couple hoses and one loader cylinder repair from leaking seals plus a new battery. Think he got his monies worth? He is now thinking of a bigger, newer model for the 10 acres he just bought adjoining his.

Ricn

Last edited:
   / LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #43  
This thread is pretty old now but heck, as a new member I got tons of info and many laughs from reading it all. For what it is worth; my distant neighbor named Tommy, lives about two miles away. Tommy bought his Kub BX 2350 FEL about 9yrs ago brand new. So far, he has cleared 4-5 acres of the toughest brush mother nature offers along with burning piles of tree stumps and worthless cottonwood logs my Son fell and or, dug out with his small trac hoe. This little SCUT tractor has been used harder then any tractor I know of, it now looking like S--- all over and is seldom under cover, just a piece of old roofing tin laid over it. It has been used to dig parts of his house foundation, barn foundation, make a driveway 300 ft long, level a huge one acre yard plus clean and level about 800 ft of fence line. Has moved and back dragged maybe 20 truck loads of gravel and it still starts and runs every time out. Although the hydro is very noisy to me, Tommy says it has always been that way. So if anyone thinks these "little engines that could" are not tough, I have seen what they can do first hand....Tommy paid $9200. out the door he told me, getting one free service. He says the BX has cost him almost nothing but fluid changes, diesel, couple hoses and one loader cylinder repair from leaking seals plus a new battery. Think he got his monies worth? He is now thinking of a bigger, newer model for the 10 acres he just bought adjoining his.

Ricn

This is actually proof of why trying to do large/hard tasks with a small machine may not always pay off in the end. What do you thing Tommy's BX is worth now? Sounds like he couldn't get much for it if he decided to sell. A slightly larger machine may have fared much better and not look like a pile of junk after the same tasks and time.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H
I've got 22 hours on the XJ2025 now with no regrets so far. On 32 acres (mostly woodlands with a 3 acre overgrown pasture) it gets in and out of the tight spaces as needed for forest stewardship program. With the rachet rake it is a true warrior against the invasive multiflora rose around here. For less than 20k for loader, backhoe, bushog and box blade, I just couldn't justify a larger tractor that I don't use to make a living.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #45  
This is actually proof of why trying to do large/hard tasks with a small machine may not always pay off in the end. What do you thing Tommy's BX is worth now? Sounds like he couldn't get much for it if he decided to sell. A slightly larger machine may have fared much better and not look like a pile of junk after the same tasks and time.

??? Just how cheap can you buy a BX2350 with FEL up in your neck of the woods. I don't see ANY BX's for sale cheap around here. Even something like a well used BX2200 with an FEL will have a 5 digit asking price on it. I suspect they sell for somewhat less than that, but still not cheap. While I don't disagree with the notion of buying a larger tractor for larger tasks, I don't think Ricn's post in any way proves your point.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #46  
Doubt resale value was the goal here, more like "how much work can I get from it". Like I mentioned, the little KUB is still running strong, just looks well used is all and showing me anyway how tough these little guys can be...Tommy wants to trade it now for a new rider mower and also buy a new, larger tractor he says...As for BX prices I haven't looked at any but will tomorrow. There is a BX2370 with FEL and 100 hrs here locally and for $9500. but my interest is the larger new 2601 model...Also found a new CK2510 with loader for $14300. at local dealer, lots of Iron on these bad boys...

Ricn

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #47  
Doubt resale value was the goal here, more like "how much work can I get from it". Like I mentioned, the little KUB is still running strong, just looks well used is all and showing me anyway how tough these little guys can be...Tommy wants to trade it now for a new rider mower and also buy a new, larger tractor he says...As for BX prices I haven't looked at any but will tomorrow. There is a BX2370 with FEL and 100 hrs here locally and for $9500. but my interest is the larger new 2601 model...Also found a new CK2510 with loader for $14300. at local dealer, lots of Iron on these bad boys...

Ricn

I believe you are right.... Never, in all my years have I seen a tractor that was "not" worked. They are designed for an intended purpose and everyone I know; worries not about resale value, or are afraid of getting it dirty. It makes me proud to hear stories that Ricn speaks about, I am sure that the owner worked it hard throughout the years and has found both; he and his tractors limitations. One thing is for certain most owners do not abuse them because they ultimately will pay the price when repairs are needed. This does not apply to 'rentals', those typically carry the grunt of mans wrath on the jobsite. I have seen it and could only stand and watch as the abuse was transpiring.

I wonder why people purchase things I.E. "Big dually rigs" and they are clean and have no hitch or tow anything. Guess they are ensuring that they can keep that 'resale value' so they can trade again in a year or two for something that is newer. Some folks I guess will always need the "latest and greatest"!! I believe firmly if you buy something it should be used for its intended purpose, the use of whatever it is- should provide a return in investment, perhaps not cash but 'saved labor'.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #48  
??? Just how cheap can you buy a BX2350 with FEL up in your neck of the woods. I don't see ANY BX's for sale cheap around here. Even something like a well used BX2200 with an FEL will have a 5 digit asking price on it. I suspect they sell for somewhat less than that, but still not cheap. While I don't disagree with the notion of buying a larger tractor for larger tasks, I don't think Ricn's post in any way proves your point.

Who said anything about cheap?

The point is, the machine has been beat...or it wouldn't look like a POS according to Ricn. A larger machine wouldn't need to be be beaten to accomplish the same tasks. The tasks would have taken a bit less time, the machine would be in better shape, and it would be worth more....win/win/win.

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #49  
Who said anything about cheap? . . . .

You did. I.e.:

Rich said his friend paid $9,200 for his Kubota with the 1st service included and had put almost nothing else into it. Then you raised the question of what it would be worth now. My point was that you won't lose much money on a $9,200 BX.

Sorry Bart, you lose. I win. ;) :cool2:

/ LS XJ2025H, Kioti CK 2510H or Mahindra Max 26 H #50  
Well, I now owe you all my sincere apology for mis-quoting Tommy's tractor, it is NOT the 2350 model I stated earlier but is the smaller 1850 model. Age and price paid is correct however so sorry if causing anyone's blood pressure to rise here...Today was fun for me going to Kubota dealer locally and seeing two new 2601's with FEL. I wanted to compare this 2601 build quality to the Kioti 2510 build quality and also the operator platform space. IMO the 2601 is more comfortable having slightly more room IMO but not a deal maker on that one point. I did feel the KUB has easier to operate foot and lever controls though, as least for me anyway. KUB 2601 and 2301 are the same tractor with 3HP difference the dealer said. Kubota sure has confusing numbers but once understood this becomes easier. In looking at smaller tractors than the 2601/2301, I found the 2370 to have lots of platform room, maybe more than the 2601/2301 has. The seat was quit nice too having a higher back, or it felt that way to me anyway and the more seat and space the more I like it! I did not price out the 2601 but with FEL it was $18K plus I think. The 2370 W/FEL was $13,500. plus tax then if adding the second implement, say the box scraper for $700. you get the $1000. deduct all at Zero interest for 60 months plus insurance costs. At my age and needs the smaller 2370 would suite me fine but sure is hard to buy small when having big all ones life...The biggest thing I noticed about the Kubota is the way they run all the filters and hydraulic lines all tucked up nicely where the Kioti's I looked at were hanging out and down where tree branches and such could break something much easier and a big deal here for my uses but not so much for someone plowing fields I suppose. Kubota uses pretty cheap sheet medal floor material where ones feet go, sort of a disappointment to such a nice tractor. Oh ya, almost forgot this part; this dealer says that the 2370 with FEL and the 25D are the same tractor, the D model has the added backhoe is all. So why is it not called the 2370D? confusing numbers for sure,, Kubota costs more to, yep, they sure do..Will be dreaming "Orange" for a few nights.

Ricn

Ricn