Lynch Pins Coming Off

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
The pins for the three point lift arms ball ends really need to offer a flat face to the thrust loads.

Pins configured as in the attached image are not designed for maximum benefit. They do offer Length, which can be useful.

I've lost a few too many pins off the lift arms myself. A fella can sure tear up a bunch of steel if the loss isn't noticed right away.
It can tear up things quickly. Unfortunately, I know this to be a fact.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
Lost lynch pins on the bucket for the excavator when using it for brush clean up a few times. The Lynch pin on the excavator is significantly stronger than then the regular 3 point Lynch pins. They will fit a regular 3 point if you want to try it. In my case I changed it to bolts with double nuts. No more problems
I’ll look into that, thank you.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
I used to lose a lot of these on the crazy wheels of my tph mower. If you backed under the evergreen branches to mow the grass, the branch could hook the lynch pin and it was gone. My crazy wheels turn on a 1" shaft so I took a 1" large washer, larger od than a lynch pin. I welded a 1" high piece of muffler pipe to the od of the washer. I then ground a partial circle or V of metal out of the top of the muffler pipe just in one spot. You grind out just enough to be able to slide the lynch pin through the hole in the shaft. Install the lynch pin and give the washer a turn and the lynch pin stays put. I haven't lost one since and I don't need to fool around with greasy wrenches to remove a bolt.
That’s damn awesome, thank you!

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
I do the same deal (search through the bins at the tractor store or TSC for ones with more spring closing pressure) but there is a drawback to them and that is, the ones with more spring pressure are also finger smashers if you happen to have a digit in the wrong place at the wrong time. Been there, did that and it hurts, they seem to like to smash down on the end of your finger.....lol

I've only lost a couple over the years but I keep extras in each tool box on the tractors and implements.

I have the hd black ones from tractor supply but they seem to sometimes turn up lost.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
I have a lot of ideas now! Thank everyone for the input, it’s been very helpful!

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #36  
I do have some play in the arms, not much. I’ve never measured the size of the pins but I will now. Thank you.
Not sure if the other image loaded; anyway I was thinking about it: I am fairly sure I never have lynch pin problems on my brush mower because my mounting bolts are reversed to usual.

The mounting bolts are inside to protect the ends of my arms and the spread is fixed rigid against the frame. It does not ride against the pin. It has never happend yet, but if I were to lose a pin it wouldn't matter because the arm cannot come off the mount.
20210621_100535.jpg

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off
Not sure if the other image loaded; anyway I was thinking about it: I am fairly sure I never have lynch pin problems on my brush mower because my mounting bolts are reversed to usual.

The mounting bolts are inside to protect the ends of my arms and the spread is fixed rigid against the frame. It does not ride against the pin. It has never happend yet, but if I were to lose a pin it wouldn't matter because the arm cannot come off the mount. View attachment 703239

I’ve never seen that before, thanks for sharing. Makes sense, I’m going to look at my brush mower to see if there’s room.

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #39  
There are several posts about this but not many recently so a new day means new ideas. When I brush hog a different lynch pin falls off nearly every time. I've brush hogged five times in the last two months and have lost four lynch pins.

Facts: I do have a lot of overgrown weeds and saplings and I do use the HD black lynch pins.

My question is how do I keep them from coming off? I don't care about losing them so much as I do about tearing up my equipment. Chaining them to somewhere on the tractor just keeps me from losing the pin but it doesn't stop the inevitable damage from the pin coming out. Is there a better more secure pin out there other than a bolt and nut? Duct tape? Key rings? Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.
Drill a hole in the end of the pins and stick a nail in and bend it .

/ Lynch Pins Coming Off #40  
I kept losing them on my 3 point mower wheels and trying to find the spacers got old quick. A careful loop and twist of safety wire fixed my issue so they can't open. For something that you constantly remove, probably not the best idea though.