M4D-071 Maximum Operating Weight

/ M4D-071 Maximum Operating Weight #1  

Iowa Hillbilly

Silver Member
Tractor
Case 2590, CIH 685, Case 400
Does anyone know the maximum operating weight for a Kubota M4D-071? I'm guessing its in the operators manual, but unfortunately I can't find a free download for it. :(

/ M4D-071 Maximum Operating Weight #2  
Manuals don’t give a total max operating weight. I looked at one of my tractor’s manuals. They give the base weight, but beyond that limits are spread through the manual. Do not use liquid ballast beyond xxx per tire (there is a different number for each size). Do not add front ballast beyond yyy. Do not add rear wheel weights beyond zzz per wheel. There is no number given you can use to go to a scale and determine if you’re overweight. There is a number given as never exceed for each tire size.

/ M4D-071 Maximum Operating Weight
Manuals don’t give a total max operating weight. I looked at one of my tractor’s manuals. They give the base weight, but beyond that limits are spread through the manual. Do not use liquid ballast beyond xxx per tire (there is a different number for each size). Do not add front ballast beyond yyy. Do not add rear wheel weights beyond zzz per wheel. There is no number given you can use to go to a scale and determine if you’re overweight. There is a number given as never exceed for each tire size.

Thanks for checking for me. I was looking at the manuals for a couple of competing tractors and they both had that figure so I figured Kubota would too. I guess different manufacturers approach this differently.

/ M4D-071 Maximum Operating Weight #4  
Cast wheels, fluid, loader arms with bucket is going to be between 9 & 10 K on my estimate.

/ M4D-071 Maximum Operating Weight #5  
My 2009 Kubota M6040 has a base weight of 4785#. I've added - FEL, grapple, RimGuard & rear blade. It now weighs 10,100#. My Op Manual lists NO max operating weight.

The way it works. The Op Manual DOES list max weight for implements.

You need to get your hands on an Op Manual for your tractor. Try your local dealership.

/ M4D-071 Maximum Operating Weight #6  
What are you trying to do with it at max weight?

/ M4D-071 Maximum Operating Weight #7  
My 2009 Kubota M6040 has a base weight of 4785#. I've added - FEL, grapple, RimGuard & rear blade. It now weighs 10,100#. My Op Manual lists NO max operating weight.

The way it works. The Op Manual DOES list max weight for implements.

You need to get your hands on an Op Manual for your tractor. Try your local dealership.
www.kubotabooks.com

Always puzzled me how anyone can buy a tractor for many thousands of dollars and not even have an owners manual.

I don't own an M4D-071. I'm trying to compare it to other tractors to decide which one best fits my needs to decide which one to purchase. I've been able to get free downloads of the manuals for two others, which I have read, but not for the M4D-071. I'd rather not purchase the owners manual without owning the tractor especially when I might buy a model from a different manufacturer.