Backhoe M59 backhoe stabilizer pads

/ M59 backhoe stabilizer pads #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
IMG_2404.JPG

Gathering materials to improve the pads.
IMG_2410.JPG

2.5X more area.
4X heavier, 82#.
5.5” longer to the outside.
6” taller on rubber pads.

Hopefully kinder on hard surfaces and lawn. OEM rubber pads engages 1.5” before steel cheats on soft or steep ground.
IMG_2411.JPG

In paint shop. Paint cost and much as the metal.

/ M59 backhoe stabilizer pads #2  
I didn't go quite so far, but I didn't like what I had, wasn't working. Slipped to much in all directions.

I like yours, I could expand on mine in the future if needed.

Attachments

• 20190904_152603.jpg
    20190904_152603.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 89
   / M59 backhoe stabilizer pads
I didn't go quite so far, but I didn't like what I had, wasn't working. Slipped to much in all directions.

I like yours, I could expand on mine in the future if needed.

Yours is similar to what my 4500 Ford had. It had longer reach out and down than the M59. Good stability but left divots.

Kubota uses the same rubber pads for all three of the TLBs. B26 has the rubber pads and saw how they improved the grip. Couple of inches height helps too.

/ M59 backhoe stabilizer pads #4  
Yours is similar to what my 4500 Ford had. It had longer reach out and down than the M59. Good stability but left divots.

Kubota uses the same rubber pads for all three of the TLBs. B26 has the rubber pads and saw how they improved the grip. Couple of inches height helps too.
Divots don't matter here, just the old farm I grew up on and I don't do any side jobs. The originals on the Kubota would slide on the grass and roll up sod. These

help a lot. Don't slide around so much. I don't need pads either, no pavement or concrete.

Three issues I had with factory pads was grip, sinking and height.

Don’t have much concrete and no pavement but have rocky areas around creek and waterfalls. Also maintain ditches along gravel driveway. Good portion of our digging is maintaining utilities around buildings and landscaping. Low pad damage is important.

Sinking in soft ground gets me back on the tires and looses stability.

Hillside work, which is about all my property, need height to plumb up backhoe on a side slope. Sometimes used timbers or logs. Temporarily lag screwed a timber to the lower side pad for one project. Very time and labor consuming.

M59 is a powerful, versatile machine that meshes well with our farm. Hope to improve with designer shoes.

IMG_2424.JPG

IMG_2422.JPG

Like the added height and reach.