M59 HST no go?

/ M59 HST no go? #1  

M59 gray

Tractor
Kubota M59
Hello to all,
I have made the move from an L48 to a used M59. It needed some tlc as it was a rental I think. I fixed up the hood and side panels. Repaired the steps and some cover plates. Time to hop on/??
I ran it around the yard a bit a few days ago , all seamed OK. After parking it and doing some cosmetics on it and the filter and fluid changes I was ready to put it through its passes to see how it worked.
Start up good. Clutch good. Medium range good. But----- no go???? No matter what range It will not move???
Foot linkage seams OK. Gear range linkage seams OK. No panel codes.
It ran good a few days ago and now nothing????
What to check for?
Is the Control module causing it?

Any ideas?? Help please.

/ M59 HST no go? #2  
Similar problem solved here. It might help.

/ M59 HST no go? #3  
When you "changed fluids" did that include the transmission fluid? Would have been pretty large quantity of transmission fluid. You sure the control linkages are in place ? Do hydraulic things work while you have the engine running (like 3pt lift, loader if it has one, etc.) ? What does it mean when you say the "Clutch Good and Medium Range good" if the tractor won't move. That doesn't seem to make sense.
Very strange. Good luck...

/ M59 HST no go? #4  
Model year will be helpful, my 2015 is drive by wire so no control linkages just wires to the pedal and wires to servo for fwd and servo for rev

If you aren't in gear (low-med-hi) you won't go. Clutch in when switching ranges

/ M59 HST no go? #5  
Hello to all,
I have made the move from an L48 to a used M59. It needed some tlc as it was a rental I think. I fixed up the hood and side panels. Repaired the steps and some cover plates. Time to hop on/??
I ran it around the yard a bit a few days ago , all seamed OK. After parking it and doing some cosmetics on it and the filter and fluid changes I was ready to put it through its passes to see how it worked.
Start up good. Clutch good. Medium range good. But----- no go???? No matter what range It will not move???
Foot linkage seams OK. Gear range linkage seams OK. No panel codes.
It ran good a few days ago and now nothing????
What to check for?
Is the Control module causing it?

Any ideas?? Help please.
I doubt it is a control module. Nobody has had a problem with one yet. My first guess is that one of the cable operated levers or drums connected to the foot treadle pedal has broken. That happened on mine. The throttle cable under the floor that went from the foot pedal to a drum underneath and a few feet toward the rear of the foot pedal had broken inside the cable housing.

My symptoms were the engine would start and idle, but would not move. When I put it into a range and moved the foot pedal it wouldn't rev up enough to engage the HST and move. Then I found that if I pushed the HST pedal and simultaneously reved the motor with the hand throttle on the side "dashboard" the HST would engage and it would drive. That was enough of a hint to be able to find the problem.

Finding the problem took longer than I thought because normally a cable breaks at the end and is obvious, but this one broke a few inches back from the end and inside of the cable sheath because of the way that the cable wraps around the drum. Fix took about half an hour and a new cable.

If you have to or want to take off the side cover/instrument cover to get at the wires to the HST controls or the display it involves taking the rubber grips off of the handles. The grips just slide off. Take a piece of wood and cut about a 12" slot down the middle. That will give you a lever to slide over the steel control and push the rubber handle off. Be careful of their short wires. Especially the wire to the control button/lamp on the front of the cover. It is short & can break that indicator light switch.

let us know,
rScotty

/ M59 HST no go?
Hello, I am in process of trying to fix now.
I disconnected the battery and left it off for a while as one person said that can reset the ECM?
I checked the pedal connector and added some anti ox grease.
I will track down the cable you mention? My throttle advance is working so if that is the one you are speeking of it is good.
I will try to see if I can read any codes the unit can offer??? I dont know if I can get it to speak to me?

More in a bit.
Thanks

/ M59 HST no go? #7  
I do not know how much control that the ECM has over the functioning of the transmission. Maybe someone else can answer that.

I have one of the first M59s & have followed them since. I do not recall any ECM problems ever being reported. I doubt that disconnecting the battery will do anything. Have you looked in the service manual to see what help they offer? It's a good manual.

Problems of any kind for the engine and transmission seem very rare and I don't recall anything electrical. This is a pre-tier 4 tractor, so the computer is very simple. I'd look for something mechanical and simple.

/ M59 HST no go?
Model year will be helpful, my 2015 is drive by wire so no control linkages just wires to the pedal and wires to servo for fwd and servo for rev

If you aren't in gear (low-med-hi) you won't go. Clutch in when switching ranges
Its a 2009. It is a fly by wire. The Pedal control reostat sends info to the CEU and that sends comands to the HST servos. I ran a check on the errors thanks to the info posted some time ago on this site and found the HST error 81 and throttle error 84 and forward proportional valve error 90. I decided its the throttle control that is the trouble and the other two got switched on because of the throttle. I ordered a new control. Now the frustrating wait for it????? Hope it solves the issue. thoughts?
Thank you.

/ M59 HST no go? #9  
Its a 2009. It is a fly by wire. The Pedal control reostat sends info to the CEU and that sends comands to the HST servos. I ran a check on the errors thanks to the info posted some time ago on this site and found the HST error 81 and throttle error 84 and forward proportional valve error 90. I decided its the throttle control that is the trouble and the other two got switched on because of the throttle. I ordered a new control. Now the frustrating wait for it????? Hope it solves the issue. thoughts?
Thank you.

/ M59 HST no go? #10  
Thank you.
Can you post the link to how to check for errors?