m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #21  
I have no doubt they are out there, just not as common as on the road diesels.

Thats a pretty bad straw man argument though. Just because somebody else is doing something worse doesn't make it ok for others to do something not quite as bad. Denver had horrible smog issues in the 70s & 80s. Better emissions regulations has all but gotten rid of the brown cloud. DPF in particular gets rid of particulate matter that causes lots of breathing issues.

Fallon, I actually agree with you.
However.....
I save 10-15% in fuel on a deleted car. The tractor tuner tells me the same thing. Sure that’s only 50-75 gallons of fuel per year for me.....plus not having the headache and extra fuel burnt to haul to town to get fixed... plus parts... on and on. I get longer oil change intervals. There’s a few gallons of oil a year that doesn’t get ‘wasted’.
Guess I’m lucky I can drive or fly for hours in every direction and only see trees, and more trees. In an area the size of Texas or bigger, there may be 30,000 people. I apologize, I easily forget what big city life with a bunch of like minded polluters would be like.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #23  
Getting back to the OP's tractor....what is 540 PTO engine RPM? While "working", maybe try running at that rpm? Neighbor runs a good sized excavating business and I NEVER see them lope around while working.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #24  
The Road Grader I run is Tier IV w/DEF. I normally run at half throttle. When it Regens it beeps at me and has an indicator light on. I downshift and elevate rpms to full throttle until it's done. Generate enough heat that it doesn't have to detune to create heat.

I'd struggle with my tractors having that feature. Only time I run the Kubota at full throttle is when roading it. For chore work it's rarely half throttle and never more.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #25  
^ certinally is hard doing fine loader work with the rpm cranked up and riding the clutch!! I wonder what difference there is in high rpm/low load vs high rpm/high load on the DPF...
I know I do a lot more regens in the winter than summer, seems due to warming up (idle-high idle time) as I road just as much at wide open with a decent load. Not an issue for Roy in Florida though :)

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #26  
^ certinally is hard doing fine loader work with the rpm cranked up and riding the clutch!! I wonder what difference there is in high rpm/low load vs high rpm/high load on the DPF...
I know I do a lot more regens in the winter than summer, seems due to warming up (idle-high idle time) as I road just as much at wide open with a decent load. Not an issue for Roy in Florida though :)

Yesterday the Grader went into Regen. I was doing gravel road maintenance which is light load. I downshifted and went into wide open throttle. It took 40 minutes to Regen.

Last time it went into Regen I was pushing dirt which is high load. It only took 15 minutes to Regen.

I can't verify, but I think the difference was related to the load and how much heat the engine was generating.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #27  
I'm reasonably sure the tractor Mr. King owns has NO clutch. It's a hydraulic shuttle, IOW a wet multiplate clutch pack, mostly immune to half clutch issues. All I run myself. Even my 6000 hour shuttle tractor has never required a pack adjustment and it does loader work most of the time.

I would not run anything else.

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #29  
I'm reasonably sure the tractor Mr. King owns has NO clutch. It's a hydraulic shuttle, IOW a wet multiplate clutch pack, mostly immune to half clutch issues. All I run myself. Even my 6000 hour shuttle tractor has never required a pack adjustment and it does loader work most of the time.

I would not run anything else.

You are technically correct.
There is a ‘clutch pedal’ per se, just like yours...
Try revving it to 2400, using the shuttle lever only and picking up pallets. Not just bailing hay. It’d be an awkward jerky ride using only the shuttle lever to shift between gears on the highway pulling a load too but.......

/ m7060 engine warning 50% power reduction #30  
Yeah, I wouldn't want to change direction at WOT using the shuttle on my Kubota.