M7060HD12 ARRIVED!

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #21  
Nice looking set-up Wally.

I have an M9960 HDC12 set up similar to your 7060 with ROPS and horizontal exhaust so that I can operate around trees without much fear of damage.

I have a single set of weights on my 9960 because it's mostly a mowing tractor, the rims are set fully inward, and I do not want the weights extending beyond the outer rim surface. I did buy cast centers for additional weight, but it's still light in the rear when using the FEL, especially with the nearly 800 Lb. grapple bucket. I change all of my own tires so never use liquid ballast.

When I went shopping, I was planning to buy a 7060 HDC12 ROPS but, at the time, at least, I thought that the M9960 was a better deal so bought it instead even though it is more tractor than I really need. I wanted the electric over hydraulic FWA, which was not available on the 9960 HDC12, and the HDC24 transmission (also wanted) was not available on the 9960 ROPS model, which is mandatory for me due to the need to drive around and beneath trees. Because, it was available on the 7060 HDC12, I expected it to become available on the next redesign of the 9960, and, indeed, it is. That said, the mechanical engagement on my 9960 works flawlessly, even though I must bend down to pull the handle. One cannot have everything.

The horizontal exhaust at about $400 is a bit of a rip off, but I needed it and I kept the vertical exhaust components, removed when installing the horizontal. It's interesting how the horizontal exhaust is designed so as to draw in cool ambient air so as to prevent the discharge pipe from becoming too hot to touch even when working hard. Kind of a nice feature. Someday, when I sell my 9960, the buyer will get both exhaust systems and have his choice.

I bought the Kubota third function valve. It's a great set up, completely independent of the joy stick, but the illuminated push-button on/off switch is very fragile and vulnerable to damage by branches, etc., on ROPS models. I also own an L6060 ROPS model with the identical third function switch system. This tractor is operated beneath trees more so than is my 9960 and the switch has failed twice due to exposure to branches, debris, etc. Both times it was repaired under warranty, but the warranty is now expired due to elapsed time though the tractor has less than 100 hours on it. Replacement requires nearly $140 in parts alone. I'm sure that the switch design is robust enough for use on cab models but it is far from robust enough for use on ROPS models.

Enjoy your 7060!

SDT

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #22  
NICE TRACTOR!!

Definitely need a counter weight, a nice 11 foot backhoe would hold down the rear end.

Agreed.

I bought a Kubota three point counter weight box for use with either my L6060 or my M9960. It's the heavier box intended for use with the M series tractors but I loaded it such that I can use it with either tractor.

To date, I've not used it because I have done no serious FEL work with either tractor but I do remember using my 800 Lb. grapple bucket with my, old tech (heavy) 2014 MF 2635 60 HP tractor that weighed nearly as much as my 9960.

I filled my counter weight box with 40 Lb. bags of playground sand from Lowes (still in the bags). FEL work is planned for this summer to the counter weight box will likely be used.

SDT

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #23  
I know people will say BS to my comment but do yourself a favor and don't operate your tractor with your grandson on your lap. I don't want to read about your accident in the safety section on tbn. My .02c

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #24  
Safety police are live and well, read the "outdoors w/ the morgans thread", safety police are rampant, good golly..... I drove a tractor when I was 5, that drives them apoplectic.

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #25  
Safety police are live and well, read the "outdoors w/ the morgans thread", safety police are rampant, good golly..... I drove a tractor when I was 5, that drives them apoplectic.

I started alone at 7. Dad used baler twine thru my belt loops, tied to the seat so if I dozed off I couldn't fall off and get ran over. Pulled a square baler with him on the wagon. Mid afternoon he'd motion me to stop. Set me down in the shade leaning against the rear tire for a power nap while he smoked a couple roll your owns. I cherish those memories.

Here I am at 9. Out grew the twine. :)

444 (1280x960).jpg

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED!
Yes, I learned early too on a Farmall Cub. I believe you should raise them the way they should go always making time for them.

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #27  
Yes, I learned early too on a Farmall Cub. I believe you should raise them the way they should go always making time for them.

I learned to drive when I was 11 using a MH Pacer. Let me be one of the first to agree with Mike Kanzer on one thing: I DO say BS to his comment.

Nothing about your pictures or comments shows any indication of unsafe behavior having your grandson on the machine with you in some priceless and memorable moments. Applause from me. I think maybe Mike lives too close to big cities, has read too many OSHA warnings and probably does not understand how we all survived bouncing around in the back of pickup trucks without seat belts. What mechanical device have you bought lately that didn't waste the first 40% of the so-called "manual" on something they claim is "safety." Most of us see it as transparent butt covering written by their lawyers and not their engineers.

I hope you enjoy your new machine and your grandson forms great memories that will outlast all of us.

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED!
I think I bent the leveler indicator bracket that is welded to the right loader arm on my 1154 loader. If you have the same loader can you tell me if this bracket had a curve or is supposed to be straight? I have a feeling I put the curve in it while pushing over some small trees.

IMG_20180226_164757917.jpgIMG_20180226_165057266.jpg

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #29  
There is a new thread from a member purchasing the same tractor as yours, with exception of the cab. Perhaps you may share your experiences

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #30  
I think I bent the leveler indicator bracket that is welded to the right loader arm on my 1154 loader. If you have the same loader can you tell me if this bracket had a curve or is supposed to be straight? I have a feeling I put the curve in it while pushing over some small trees.

View attachment 541723View attachment 541724

This is about the only picture I have of that bracket right now. My M7060 is stored at our property 2 hrs away. It doesn't look bent in this picture though.
bucket level indicator.jpg

HP