M7060HD12 ARRIVED!

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060HD12, former Mahindra 5035, former Ford 3910, former Ford 2000
I am officially a Kubota owner as my M7060HD12 arrived. I've included some pics with my grandson. I am slowly getting used to not clutching while shuttling between F/R. Trying to put some easy time on the tractor during break in. I can't believe how quiet it is. With my Mahindra 5035 I needed ear protection at 1500 rpm, they are not needed with this tractor. Zach at Spaulding Equipment was very helpful as well as giving me a great price on tractor and grapple. He suggested the CID brand root grapple. It is built like a rock with protection for hoses, cylinders and is also made here in NC. I can't wait to get my harrow in the ground to 'scratch' up the chufa wildlife plots for the turkeys in a couple weeks and see how it handles my WR Long 4n1 bucket also. It's pretty wet right now as we've been catching up on our rain deficit here in piedmont NC so not much ground work will be taking place.

Attachments

• IMG_2599.JPG
    IMG_2599.JPG
    573.8 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_2604.JPG
    IMG_2604.JPG
    995.2 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_2605.JPG
    IMG_2605.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 346
  • IMG_2612.JPG
    IMG_2612.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 659
  • IMG_2616.JPG
    IMG_2616.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 426
  • IMG_2619.JPG
    IMG_2619.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 628
  • IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_2623.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 512
  • IMG_2600.JPG
    IMG_2600.JPG
    766.3 KB · Views: 426

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
Congrats!!:thumbsup: Nice looking machine and set up.

Thanks, y'all getting any snow, rain from this front moving through? I think might be headed your way.

oosik

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota M6040
Very nice So shinny & clean. You need a buddy seat.

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
Thanks, y'all getting any snow, rain from this front moving through? I think might be headed your way.

Not yet; but its coming. Supposed to be here around 7 pm and go through the night. Looking forward to some seat time tomorrow!!! :cool2:
!

TripleR

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford
Congratulations on your new M7060, we have six years on our M8540, great tractors.

Thomas

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota B2650HSD w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.
HOT DANG indeed beauty. :thumbsup:
Before you know it you'll be sharing seat time. ;)

majorwager

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota mx 5100 IH 484 ford 1620 lull 844b
It was generous of you to post a photo with the dealer's name, hope he appreciates the free advertising. Did you buy rear remotes? I saw a recent post where the remotes do NOT hold fluid for any extended period. I thought it was the cylinder on my top link as mine will bypass the oil and drop in about an hours time. Curious is yours suffer the same issue. Did the dealer include the rear work light? Also did you purchase the third function on the loader valve or is it aftermarket? Your tractor is an impressive piece of equipment, I have been told that the DPF regeneration is more efficient on the larger HP tractors. Perhaps you will share more experiences as time allows.

mopardude318

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060 HD12 Oliver 550
Very cool! Congrats! I see you have 3 wheel weights per side. Nice. I ordered 2 sets, because I was unsure how far the 3rd weight would stick out. It appears it doesn't much at all. I may order a 3rd set. You also have down exhaust, pretty neat. I couldn't decide, so I went with the standard out the top.

Peter 315

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800 HST Kubota L47 TLB
Hi very nice pictures,Hope you and your grandson have lots of fun with the new tractor:thumbsup:

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
It was generous of you to post a photo with the dealer's name, hope he appreciates the free advertising. Did you buy rear remotes? I saw a recent post where the remotes do NOT hold fluid for any extended period. I thought it was the cylinder on my top link as mine will bypass the oil and drop in about an hours time. Curious is yours suffer the same issue. Did the dealer include the rear work light? Also did you purchase the third function on the loader valve or is it aftermarket? Your tractor is an impressive piece of equipment, I have been told that the DPF regeneration is more efficient on the larger HP tractors. Perhaps you will share more experiences as time allows.
My experience with tractors have been a progression up the $$ ladder. Since I'm 63yo I figured if I'm ever gonna own a new tractor I should do it while I'm still strong and active. With that background, I gave two dealers a list of what I wanted on the tractor and let them make a offer. The VA dealer won out over the closer NC dealer. I use a grain drill so I wanted the rear remote and an extra remote in case I should add another hydraulic piece of equipment. I'll have to read the thread concerning the rear remote fluid issue. I ordered the rear work light and the third function is a WR Long, which is what I had on the Mahindra. It fits my hand so we'll and is very well made. Ialso had two sets of weights on the Mahindra and wished I had a third. This tractor seems to be about the same weight as the Mahindra 5035. When I attach the WR Long 4n1 bucket, I'll know a little better. That heavy bucket will take some weight off the rear axle. I love R4 tires as they have always gotten me out of mud and are easy on my clover wildlife plots. The 12 speed was a must because of the additional hydraulic output and range choices. What was a nice surprise for me was the push button FWD. No more wrestling the FWD lever in/out.

nybirdman

Tractor
Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT
Very nice,I would suggest a counter weight before you do any serious grapple work.

KenBike

Tractor
Kubota M7040
I have the same setup with 300 lbs of wheel weights and non filled tires. I have yet to get the rear end up when using my grapple. I did just about tip it over on to the bucket moving stone with my 84" bucket when braking on a slight decline.
Good idea to have dome weight behind that machine.

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
Very nice machine!

majorwager

Veteran Member
Tractor
Grumpa Wally.
Agree the R-4 tires are a good choice. Your climate does Not provide for high Snow volume but they do not perform well in my snowy climate. In fairness, mine are not loaded, as the additional weight can be destructive when mowing large lawn expanses during a wet spring/summer. I remain curious regarding regeneration when you approach that point. High operating RPM's recomended but I am happy to be tier 3 since I tend to operate at lower engine speeds. Maybe the remote valves are different with the 7060, 12 speed, since you have a higher oil flow. Keep us posted as to your experiences, seems to be interest in how latest models are performing.

PS. Does your second rear remote have a motor spool or float detent?

Edit: kubota does weird things w/ tires. My MX is smaller than your machine. Yet they install larger R-4 tires on the rear of the MX. Yet your front R-4 tires are larger, as would be expected.

Did you buy a ride accumulator for loader? If not, Long recently introduced inexpensive aftermarket option. FYI if unaware.

Last edited:

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210
Congrats. Very nice setup. You'll get a lot of good use from that tractor!!!! Enjoy!!!!

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
Grumpa Wally.
Agree the R-4 tires are a good choice. Your climate does Not provide for high Snow volume but they do not perform well in my snowy climate. In fairness, mine are not loaded, as the additional weight can be destructive when mowing large lawn expanses during a wet spring/summer. I remain curious regarding regeneration when you approach that point. High operating RPM's recomended but I am happy to be tier 3 since I tend to operate at lower engine speeds. Maybe the remote valves are different with the 7060, 12 speed, since you have a higher oil flow. Keep us posted as to your experiences, seems to be interest in how latest models are performing.

PS. Does your second rear remote have a motor spool or float detent?

Edit: kubota does weird things w/ tires. My MX is smaller than your machine. Yet they install larger R-4 tires on the rear of the MX. Yet your front R-4 tires are larger, as would be expected.

Did you buy a ride accumulator for loader? If not, Long recently introduced inexpensive aftermarket option. FYI if unaware.

I ordered the rears loaded as well as 315# weights per wheel to handle the heavy WR Long 4n1 bucket I will also use with the tractor. The second valve is not detent as I may never use but ordered just in case I purchase another front attachment in the future, such as a Land Shark. The Mahindra 5035 I had prior to this tractor handled the up/down jolting of the WR Long bucket pretty well. I will see how this tractor handles the jolting. I assume about the same as the Mahindra as they are very close in weight. Thanks for the info on the accumulator from WR Long, they really make quality equipment. We in NC are fortunate to have some great tractor equipment manufacturers right here.

SDT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Multiple Fords and Kubotas
Nice looking set-up Wally.

I have an M9960 HDC12 set up similar to your 7060 with ROPS and horizontal exhaust so that I can operate around trees without much fear of damage.

I have a single set of weights on my 9960 because it's mostly a mowing tractor, the rims are set fully inward, and I do not want the weights extending beyond the outer rim surface. I did buy cast centers for additional weight, but it's still light in the rear when using the FEL, especially with the nearly 800 Lb. grapple bucket. I change all of my own tires so never use liquid ballast.

When I went shopping, I was planning to buy a 7060 HDC12 ROPS but, at the time, at least, I thought that the M9960 was a better deal so bought it instead even though it is more tractor than I really need. I wanted the electric over hydraulic FWA, which was not available on the 9960 HDC12, and the HDC24 transmission (also wanted) was not available on the 9960 ROPS model, which is mandatory for me due to the need to drive around and beneath trees. Because, it was available on the 7060 HDC12, I expected it to become available on the next redesign of the 9960, and, indeed, it is. That said, the mechanical engagement on my 9960 works flawlessly, even though I must bend down to pull the handle. One cannot have everything.

The horizontal exhaust at about $400 is a bit of a rip off, but I needed it and I kept the vertical exhaust components, removed when installing the horizontal. It's interesting how the horizontal exhaust is designed so as to draw in cool ambient air so as to prevent the discharge pipe from becoming too hot to touch even when working hard. Kind of a nice feature. Someday, when I sell my 9960, the buyer will get both exhaust systems and have his choice.

I bought the Kubota third function valve. It's a great set up, completely independent of the joy stick, but the illuminated push-button on/off switch is very fragile and vulnerable to damage by branches, etc., on ROPS models. I also own an L6060 ROPS model with the identical third function switch system. This tractor is operated beneath trees more so than is my 9960 and the switch has failed twice due to exposure to branches, debris, etc. Both times it was repaired under warranty, but the warranty is now expired due to elapsed time though the tractor has less than 100 hours on it. Replacement requires nearly $140 in parts alone. I'm sure that the switch design is robust enough for use on cab models but it is far from robust enough for use on ROPS models.

Enjoy your 7060!

SDT

SDT

Veteran Member
Tractor
Multiple Fords and Kubotas
NICE TRACTOR!!

Definitely need a counter weight, a nice 11 foot backhoe would hold down the rear end.

Agreed.

I bought a Kubota three point counter weight box for use with either my L6060 or my M9960. It's the heavier box intended for use with the M series tractors but I loaded it such that I can use it with either tractor.

To date, I've not used it because I have done no serious FEL work with either tractor but I do remember using my 800 Lb. grapple bucket with my, old tech (heavy) 2014 MF 2635 60 HP tractor that weighed nearly as much as my 9960.

I filled my counter weight box with 40 Lb. bags of playground sand from Lowes (still in the bags). FEL work is planned for this summer to the counter weight box will likely be used.

SDT

Mike_Kanzer

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 HST, JD Gator 855D
I know people will say BS to my comment but do yourself a favor and don't operate your tractor with your grandson on your lap. I don't want to read about your accident in the safety section on tbn. My .02c

majorwager

Veteran Member
Tractor
Safety police are live and well, read the "outdoors w/ the morgans thread", safety police are rampant, good golly..... I drove a tractor when I was 5, that drives them apoplectic.

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Safety police are live and well, read the "outdoors w/ the morgans thread", safety police are rampant, good golly..... I drove a tractor when I was 5, that drives them apoplectic.

I started alone at 7. Dad used baler twine thru my belt loops, tied to the seat so if I dozed off I couldn't fall off and get ran over. Pulled a square baler with him on the wagon. Mid afternoon he'd motion me to stop. Set me down in the shade leaning against the rear tire for a power nap while he smoked a couple roll your owns. I cherish those memories.

Here I am at 9. Out grew the twine. :)

444 (1280x960).jpg

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yes, I learned early too on a Farmall Cub. I believe you should raise them the way they should go always making time for them.

JWR

Elite Member
Tractor
MF 2660 LP, 3 Kubota B2150, Kubota BX2200, MH Pacer, Gravely 5660, etc.
Yes, I learned early too on a Farmall Cub. I believe you should raise them the way they should go always making time for them.

I learned to drive when I was 11 using a MH Pacer. Let me be one of the first to agree with Mike Kanzer on one thing: I DO say BS to his comment.

Nothing about your pictures or comments shows any indication of unsafe behavior having your grandson on the machine with you in some priceless and memorable moments. Applause from me. I think maybe Mike lives too close to big cities, has read too many OSHA warnings and probably does not understand how we all survived bouncing around in the back of pickup trucks without seat belts. What mechanical device have you bought lately that didn't waste the first 40% of the so-called "manual" on something they claim is "safety." Most of us see it as transparent butt covering written by their lawyers and not their engineers.

I hope you enjoy your new machine and your grandson forms great memories that will outlast all of us.

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
I think I bent the leveler indicator bracket that is welded to the right loader arm on my 1154 loader. If you have the same loader can you tell me if this bracket had a curve or is supposed to be straight? I have a feeling I put the curve in it while pushing over some small trees.

IMG_20180226_164757917.jpgIMG_20180226_165057266.jpg

majorwager

Veteran Member
Tractor
There is a new thread from a member purchasing the same tractor as yours, with exception of the cab. Perhaps you may share your experiences

Herkypilot

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060 HDC12, KX040 & L3540 HST
I think I bent the leveler indicator bracket that is welded to the right loader arm on my 1154 loader. If you have the same loader can you tell me if this bracket had a curve or is supposed to be straight? I have a feeling I put the curve in it while pushing over some small trees.

View attachment 541723View attachment 541724

This is about the only picture I have of that bracket right now. My M7060 is stored at our property 2 hrs away. It doesn't look bent in this picture though.
bucket level indicator.jpg

HP

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
This is about the only picture I have of that bracket right now. My M7060 is stored at our property 2 hrs away. It doesn't look bent in this picture though.
View attachment 542603

HP

Thanks. The bracket definitely has no curve. I took my big adjustable and bent it back down just far enough where the bracket would not bind with the leveler rod in each extreme position. I'm sure they placed the bracket in that position for a good reason, but IMO, it would be better if the top of the bracket would be level with the top of the FEL arm.

ovrszd

Epic Contributor
Tractor
I'm in the brush often. Lost track of how many times I've bent mine. After a few hundred hours of use the times get less frequent. :)

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
Fabricated some offset adapters to add a larger tool box and raise the SLM sign. Added two 6-light led work bars with switches. Exchanged halogen for LED side lights. I am waiting for headlight LED's to be shipped.IMG_20180417_152648151.jpegIMG_20180417_165401295.jpegIMG_20180417_170208047.jpegIMG_20180417_170153507.jpegIMG_20180417_170400489.jpegIMG_20180417_170218852.jpeg

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
I am pleasantly surprised how quick and easy the FEL disconnects from the Kubota tractor. It was a real chore on the Mahindra. I hooked up my old 60yo Ford 'land plane' and leveled the driveway gravel.IMG_20180406_160342935.jpegIMG_20180406_160329896.jpegIMG_20180414_170446257.jpegIMG_20180414_170426456.jpeg

deserteagle71

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 diesel, Kubota M7060HDC12
I am pleasantly surprised how quick and easy the FEL disconnects from the Kubota tractor. It was a real chore on the Mahindra. I hooked up my old 60yo Ford 'land plane' and leveled the driveway gravel.

Thank you for those pictures...I've yet to remove the FEL from my Kubota but will as soon as I start mowing. I've not seen any instructions on how to remove and remount the FEL so that helps. I see you placed boards under the support arms and that's something I'll need to do as I have no concrete pad to park it on. Any other pointers for removing/remounting the FEL?

TripleR

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford
If you haven't done it, this may help: Front end loader detach.mpg - YouTube

While a hard flat surface is easiest, it can be done elsewhere using spacers or a bit of finessing with your controls. Depending on temperature changes, you may need to crack the couplers or use a hard surface to detent the ball and release pressure, just be sure to have eye protection.

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
Good tip from TripleR. I had to release the pressure built up either from the 4n1 bucket shifting slightly or from temp change. The connector ball was so hard to press, I ended up loosening the quick connect to relieve the hydraulic pressure built up while being disconnected. When you get it right, all it takes to disconnect/reconnect FEL mount is a tiliting of the bucket.

JWR

Elite Member
Tractor
Good tip from TripleR. I had to release the pressure built up either from the 4n1 bucket shifting slightly or from temp change. The connector ball was so hard to press, I ended up loosening the quick connect to relieve the hydraulic pressure built up while being disconnected. When you get it right, all it takes to disconnect/reconnect FEL mount is a tiliting of the bucket.

I forgot to say earlier -- glad to see a proud Papa (of the tractor I mean.) Also forgot to mention that I have added teeth to the underside of my 4-in-1 bucket which means that 99% of the time I get the log or post or pieces of debris picked up the first try. I had the teeth welded to the removable cutting edge on the bucket that is "normally" the edge being used when acting like a dozer with the bucket. They look very much like the teeth under your grapple. The beauty of that is that I almost never need to take off the bucket. In fact testing that teeth addition modification convinced me I did not really need a grapple. Of course many people use it enough that they really do need a grapple.

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
I forgot to say earlier -- glad to see a proud Papa (of the tractor I mean.) Also forgot to mention that I have added teeth to the underside of my 4-in-1 bucket which means that 99% of the time I get the log or post or pieces of debris picked up the first try. I had the teeth welded to the removable cutting edge on the bucket that is "normally" the edge being used when acting like a dozer with the bucket. They look very much like the teeth under your grapple. The beauty of that is that I almost never need to take off the bucket. In fact testing that teeth addition modification convinced me I did not really need a grapple. Of course many people use it enough that they really do need a grapple.
Thanks, I would appreciate if you would post a couple pics of the teeth on your 4n1 bucket.

JWR

Elite Member
Tractor
Wally: Sure. I have a lot of picts of that mod. One with the teeth pointing upward/forward with more of the garage wall showing you may notice is with the pinch bucket wide open and that was with the toothbar just sitting there in place but before I installed the bolts. By the way, that bucket weighs 1000lbs. It is on a MF 2660 and interfaces using a skid-steer compatible loader kit. Since it is bolt-on, I bought a separate knife edge to have the teeth welded to and kept the original plain knife edge for the bucket in case I want to go back anytime. So far I have not had reason to go back.

20160526_161407small.jpg , 20160526_161445small.jpg , P1020654.JPG , P1020627.JPG

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
That looks like it would work like a root grapple, great at picking things up off the ground. Great invention.

mopardude318

Platinum Member
Tractor
Might I suggest you check your front diff/axle fluid level. I've read on here a few times where owners have found the fluid levels were low. Just yesterday I decided to check the front diff on my M7060 and sure enough it was 2/3 quart low.

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
Might I suggest you check your front diff/axle fluid level. I've read on here a few times where owners have found the fluid levels were low. Just yesterday I decided to check the front diff on my M7060 and sure enough it was 2/3 quart low.

Thanks. I will check the level before I reconnect the FEL this weekend, thanks. Have you completed a 50 hour service yet? I purchased the hydraulic filters, 2-2.5 gallons of UD2 hydraulic fluid, engine oil filter, 5 gallons of Kubota engine oil. i have 20 hours now and I expect to be there in June.

mopardude318

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yes I am now at 170 hours, however I had the service guy come out to my property and he did everything, oils, filters etc. all I paid for was the materials. It was around 275 dollars. I'm sure it is pretty easy to do you won't have trouble. I would like to get a factory service manual instead of the owner operator manual they provide.

lpigott

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2200 NH3930 M7060
All you need to change fluid wise on the 50 hour is the engine oil and filter. Check your owners manual for the maintenance schedule.

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
All you need to change fluid wise on the 50 hour is the engine oil and filter. Check your owners manual for the maintenance schedule.

I did read the manual and was looking for tips on the 50 hour service. The replacement of the hydraulic filters(2) is on the 50 hour maintenance schedule. The dealership mechanic told me when he did the tractor tutorial with me said I could reclaim the hydraulic fluid. I assume 2 new 5 gallon buckets would suffice, but looking for tips on the service of maybe things not to do. In the plumbing repair business, sometimes it's the little details that matter. I have been enjoying reading your post thread. You will probably reach 50 hours before me as its been a very wet spring here in northern NC.

OP
Grumpa Wally

Grumpa Wally

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yes I am now at 170 hours, however I had the service guy come out to my property and he did everything, oils, filters etc. all I paid for was the materials. It was around 275 dollars. I'm sure it is pretty easy to do you won't have trouble. I would like to get a factory service manual instead of the owner operator manual they provide.

Do you know whether he reclaimed the hydraulic fluid when he changed the filters? The dealership mechanic said all the hydraulic fluid would drain out when removing the filters if I didn't change quickly. He said that you could do one at a time quickly and only drain a few quarts and reclaim the drained oil in clean buckets.

lpigott

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2200 NH3930 M7060
I did read the manual and was looking for tips on the 50 hour service. The replacement of the hydraulic filters(2) is on the 50 hour maintenance schedule. The dealership mechanic told me when he did the tractor tutorial with me said I could reclaim the hydraulic fluid. I assume 2 new 5 gallon buckets would suffice, but looking for tips on the service of maybe things not to do. In the plumbing repair business, sometimes it's the little details that matter. I have been enjoying reading your post thread. You will probably reach 50 hours before me as its been a very wet spring here in northern NC.

Maybe you manual is different than mine and the one online but mine does not indicate changing hydraulic filters until 500 hours. Engine oil and filter along with the other mentioned checks at 50 hours. Best advice on oil change is to remove the loader, which I think you already know. Also there are 2 drain plugs on the oil pan and you must drain both. Have an open top gallon bucket to drain into as the oil gushes out fast.

mopardude318

Platinum Member
Tractor
Do you know whether he reclaimed the hydraulic fluid when he changed the filters? The dealership mechanic said all the hydraulic fluid would drain out when removing the filters if I didn't change quickly. He said that you could do one at a time quickly and only drain a few quarts and reclaim the drained oil in clean buckets.
He drained all the hydraulic fluid from mine and put in new. It was on the invoice. Like mentioned, probably not necessary, but on an expensive machine, whats a few pails of hydraulic fluid..Piece of mind, I dunno. Either way I'm happy. All the following services are up to me now.:eek: