M7060HD12 ARRIVED!

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #41  
Wally: Sure. I have a lot of picts of that mod. One with the teeth pointing upward/forward with more of the garage wall showing you may notice is with the pinch bucket wide open and that was with the toothbar just sitting there in place but before I installed the bolts. By the way, that bucket weighs 1000lbs. It is on a MF 2660 and interfaces using a skid-steer compatible loader kit. Since it is bolt-on, I bought a separate knife edge to have the teeth welded to and kept the original plain knife edge for the bucket in case I want to go back anytime. So far I have not had reason to go back.

20160526_161407small.jpg , 20160526_161445small.jpg , P1020654.JPG , P1020627.JPG

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED!
That looks like it would work like a root grapple, great at picking things up off the ground. Great invention.

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #43  
Might I suggest you check your front diff/axle fluid level. I've read on here a few times where owners have found the fluid levels were low. Just yesterday I decided to check the front diff on my M7060 and sure enough it was 2/3 quart low.

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED!
Might I suggest you check your front diff/axle fluid level. I've read on here a few times where owners have found the fluid levels were low. Just yesterday I decided to check the front diff on my M7060 and sure enough it was 2/3 quart low.

Thanks. I will check the level before I reconnect the FEL this weekend, thanks. Have you completed a 50 hour service yet? I purchased the hydraulic filters, 2-2.5 gallons of UD2 hydraulic fluid, engine oil filter, 5 gallons of Kubota engine oil. i have 20 hours now and I expect to be there in June.

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #45  
Yes I am now at 170 hours, however I had the service guy come out to my property and he did everything, oils, filters etc. all I paid for was the materials. It was around 275 dollars. I'm sure it is pretty easy to do you won't have trouble. I would like to get a factory service manual instead of the owner operator manual they provide.

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #46  
All you need to change fluid wise on the 50 hour is the engine oil and filter. Check your owners manual for the maintenance schedule.

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED!
All you need to change fluid wise on the 50 hour is the engine oil and filter. Check your owners manual for the maintenance schedule.

I did read the manual and was looking for tips on the 50 hour service. The replacement of the hydraulic filters(2) is on the 50 hour maintenance schedule. The dealership mechanic told me when he did the tractor tutorial with me said I could reclaim the hydraulic fluid. I assume 2 new 5 gallon buckets would suffice, but looking for tips on the service of maybe things not to do. In the plumbing repair business, sometimes it's the little details that matter. I have been enjoying reading your post thread. You will probably reach 50 hours before me as its been a very wet spring here in northern NC.

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED!
Yes I am now at 170 hours, however I had the service guy come out to my property and he did everything, oils, filters etc. all I paid for was the materials. It was around 275 dollars. I'm sure it is pretty easy to do you won't have trouble. I would like to get a factory service manual instead of the owner operator manual they provide.

Do you know whether he reclaimed the hydraulic fluid when he changed the filters? The dealership mechanic said all the hydraulic fluid would drain out when removing the filters if I didn't change quickly. He said that you could do one at a time quickly and only drain a few quarts and reclaim the drained oil in clean buckets.

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #49  
I did read the manual and was looking for tips on the 50 hour service. The replacement of the hydraulic filters(2) is on the 50 hour maintenance schedule. The dealership mechanic told me when he did the tractor tutorial with me said I could reclaim the hydraulic fluid. I assume 2 new 5 gallon buckets would suffice, but looking for tips on the service of maybe things not to do. In the plumbing repair business, sometimes it's the little details that matter. I have been enjoying reading your post thread. You will probably reach 50 hours before me as its been a very wet spring here in northern NC.

Maybe you manual is different than mine and the one online but mine does not indicate changing hydraulic filters until 500 hours. Engine oil and filter along with the other mentioned checks at 50 hours. Best advice on oil change is to remove the loader, which I think you already know. Also there are 2 drain plugs on the oil pan and you must drain both. Have an open top gallon bucket to drain into as the oil gushes out fast.

/ M7060HD12 ARRIVED! #50  
Do you know whether he reclaimed the hydraulic fluid when he changed the filters? The dealership mechanic said all the hydraulic fluid would drain out when removing the filters if I didn't change quickly. He said that you could do one at a time quickly and only drain a few quarts and reclaim the drained oil in clean buckets.
He drained all the hydraulic fluid from mine and put in new. It was on the invoice. Like mentioned, probably not necessary, but on an expensive machine, whats a few pails of hydraulic fluid..Piece of mind, I dunno. Either way I'm happy. All the following services are up to me now.:eek: