Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box?

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #11  
My new Kubota bailer, the control unit mounts to the interior of the tractor via a RAM mount. Like HD said, some of the monitors are crazy expensive to replace. Guy down the road ran over his NH Bale Command monitor and it cost him over 700 bucks to replace it.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #12  
Guy down the road ran over his NH Bale Command monitor and it cost him over 700 bucks to replace it.
I checked price on a Kubota rd baler monitor & it listed for $1329 & JD monitor was a whooping $1812

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #13  
some magnetic hardware f
I am not a fan of magnets and machinery. The idea of introducing magnetic fields to things like wear parts and bearings gives me the willies. In my mind's eye, I see the bearings attracting the wear swarf and accumulating it.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #14  
I checked price on a Kubota rd baler monitor & it listed for $1329 & JD monitor was a whooping $1812
I'm very careful with mine (Kubota monitor). It lives in the tractor firmly mounted on it's dedicated RAM mount. I certainly don't want to pay that much for a new one. All that electronics stuff is absurdly expensive today. Another reason I don't want a T4-5 final tractor. Way too much expensive electronics.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #15  
Was talking to another bale guy (he round bales wheat straw only) and sells them to cattle ranchers for tub grinding and mixing in feed to feed steers and he told me it's getting hard to find Net and twine is also hard (least around here it is). Most net comes from China anyway, not sure about twine. I use Bridon and order it direct from them and I keep a couple rolls on hand all the time. I believe the stuff JD sells (Tamanet?) is Chinese. Bridon 52" runs fine for me. I have a couple mega balls of NH twine in the twine box but only for emergencies.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #16  
My Hesston monitor is $5,000
Tama is made in Israel.
I like Bridon MAX orange made in USA 4000-440 twine.

1656379496125.jpeg

Very few popped strings on heavy bales and very good knots.

1656379419295.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #17  
Bet you are good at tying square knots too. I agree with you for once, Bridon is good stuff. I wasn't sure where Tamanet was made, just knew it wasn't domestic.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box?
I'm not a fan of the plastic twine. I prefer sisal since it'll break down over time.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box?
Are you talking about stored bundles in the packaging or in the balers? No issue with either for my small amount that I use. Although, now that I said it, I will probably start finding mice in the stuff!

I just hate picking out that plastic twine from round bales and if you miss any, it gets in the manure and then gets wrapped around the spreader and everything else....