Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box?

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #21  
I'm not a fan of the plastic twine. I prefer sisal since it'll break down over time.
I'm not a fan of either type of twine(plastic or sisal) I prefer netwrap.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box?
I'm not a fan of either type of twine(plastic or sisal) I prefer netwrap.
If I could have afforded a netwrap baler, I would prefer netwrap as well.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #23  

Yep! I hear ya.
So many things I would like to upgrade or buy, but can’t. Money’s just not there.
Haying is a super-tough business and just keeping it going is difficult.
I look at what my friend TXJim is going through with the drought situation in his area and marvel at his ability to remain positive and continue going.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #24  
Are you talking about stored bundles in the packaging or in the balers?
Talking about on bales stored in the barns. No mice issue here with stored twine, not that I have much at all. Just 2 mega balls in the baler. As you said the issue with poly is where the remnants wind up. More than once I've gotten it in the lawnmower spindles and it destroys spindle bearings, melts under friction and destroys the seals, the grease leaks out and the bearings fail.

Never used sisal, never seen it for sale locally either. Always poly, usually 'Orangeline'.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #25  
The issue with a net wrap baler is the net wrap adds a lot of complexity to a baler. Twine wrap is pretty simple, a couple twine arms, an electrical/mechanical actuator, twine storage and routing whereas a net wrap baler has a duckbill insertion device, cams, actuators spreader rolls a cut off knife and electrical-mechanical roll brake and they all have to work in concert with each other or the bales won't be netted properly and then there is the issue of weight of the net roll as it pertains to loading and the cost per roll of net. it's decidedly quicker than twine wrap and the bales can be stored outside with little spoilage (if the net is applied correctly and you run over the edge net). The net forms a water shedding roof for the bales where as twine don't.

Net has increased appreciably in price lately, but then so has twine.

I heard (from a good source) that Kubota is no longer going to offer 'branded' net for their balers so you might fine a 'deal' at a local Kubota dealer on net. Not sure who made the Kubota branded (orange and white) net rolls. Like I said, I like Bridon net and like twine, not all net is created equal, some are better than others.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #26  
Yep! I hear ya.
So many things I would like to upgrade or buy, but can’t. Money’s just not there.
Haying is a super-tough business and just keeping it going is difficult.
I look at what my friend TXJim is going through with the drought situation in his area and marvel at his ability to remain positive and continue going.
Hay Dude
Thanks for your concern. My being nearly retired makes dealing with drought easier for me.

The local custom hay balers with large equipment payments & livestock owners that owe for cattle & pasture rent are the people I feel sorry far. Last local cattle auction bred cows dropped $100-$150 per head.

According to local cattle auction report very few cows are being purchased to be returned to pastures. One would think beef in grocery stores would be at bargain prices but packing house owners are too greedy!

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #27  
Just keep monitoring the per bale price here. it's been climbing steadily, just like everything else today. 2 consecutive months of economic contraction equals a recession. Been 2 months now so I'd say we are there.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #28  
The issue with a net wrap baler is the net wrap adds a lot of complexity to a baler. Twine wrap is pretty simple, a couple twine arms, an electrical/mechanical actuator, twine storage and routing whereas a net wrap baler has a duckbill insertion device, cams, actuators spreader rolls a cut off knife and electrical-mechanical roll brake and they all have to work in concert with each other or the bales won't be netted properly and then there is the issue of weight of the net roll as it pertains to loading and the cost per roll of net. it's decidedly quicker than twine wrap and the bales can be stored outside with little spoilage (if the net is applied correctly and you run over the edge net). The net forms a water shedding roof for the bales where as twine don't.
Not all rd balers have a duckbill. I know JD rd balers definitely don't have one. I think JD net attachment is relatively simple. My JD rd baler netwrap is still performing correctly with minor maintenance with 29091 bales wrapped. Ferrous dust hasn't affected my balers switches either. I've never seen the need to sharpen the net knife.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-26 085933.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-26 085933.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 47
   / Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #29  
So Jim, how does the net insert? It has to have some sort of device that introduces the net to the rotating bale and allows the net tail to start wrapping the bale. It also has to have some method of keeping the net away from the bale as it's forming so it don't 'grab' it prematurely. The completed bale is sequestered in the bale chamber, the net has to be 'introduced' to the bale. Curious as to how your JD baler accomplishes that? It also has to have a net brake to ensure the net is under continuous tension as it wraps the bale and the brake has to be adjustable so at the end of the wrap cycle, the net is tensioned enough so the net knife cuts it cleanly and it stops the rotation of the net roll so it don't wind up just hanging there.

Curious about the mechanism and how it operates. the new Kubota bailer I just purchased don't have a full width duckbill like the NH I traded in either. The insertion device is much smaller in width but it's still an insertion device.

/ Magnetic mounting hardware for round baler control box? #30  
JD net attachment attaches to rear of baler tailgate. The net sits in a cradle & is routed through 2 rollers. 1 roller is rubber cover & other is a steel roller. After net passes through these 2 rollers with BTW top rubber roller has a spring applied brake pad. When net is activated the 2 rollers are controlled by an electric actuator arm to feed net down outside of bale forming belts held against belts by a guide down to bottom gate roller where formed hay bale starts getting netwrap applied. When set number of wraps is applied actuator arm retracts rod applying knife to cut net. Yrs back JD recommended applying talcum powder to roller but I haven't done that in many 1000's of bales. there are several U-tube videos addressing netwrap application to bale on JD rd balers.

Last edited: