Oil & Fuel Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying.

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying. #21  
Rubicon international; Best prices.

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying.
Thank you for responding bearthebruce. I used it two days for a couple of hours. Ran out early today before it got too hot and it wouldn’t crank. I drained both filters again and caught the fuel and there was zero water. All diesel.

Bearthebruce, you are right, I didn’t. I drained it out again and pure diesel. It had some yellow sediment in the bottom of glass container. It doesn’t now. New filters are ordered.

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying.
I think your 1533 and my 2538 have similar engines. So, on my tractor the silver can is the primary filter and on the other side of the engine is the secondary filter. The secondary has the water sensor at the bottom of the filter. You may want to see if you can remove the wiring connector from the sensor and then unscrew the water sensor to drain out the water. The extra line may be return to tank, the injectors intentionally bypass some fuel back to the tank for cooling of the injectors.

Mwayne, I am reading over posts and I remember being at the dealership and they were showing things on my tractor. The gas light or water sensor had been on before and they showed me where to drain water from what Mahindra calls the main filter, the black one with pump on top close to firewall. I forgot about that until now. I can remove the wiring connector then I just removed the whole thing on the bottom to drain out what fuel is in that filter. I pumped it a couple of times to make sure I got pure diesel. There was yellow thick stuff in it the first time I did it. Then after I emptied the tank I filled up with good fuel. The manual says to do this often. Maybe after every use or once a week. Does the sensor come apart when you remove it from the filter or do I just drain off water by removing it and then after it drains just put it back on? This will happen after I put new filters on.

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying. #24  
Mwayne, I am reading over posts and I remember being at the dealership and they were showing things on my tractor. The gas light or water sensor had been on before and they showed me where to drain water from what Mahindra calls the main filter, the black one with pump on top close to firewall. I forgot about that until now. I can remove the wiring connector then I just removed the whole thing on the bottom to drain out what fuel is in that filter. I pumped it a couple of times to make sure I got pure diesel. There was yellow thick stuff in it the first time I did it. Then after I emptied the tank I filled up with good fuel. The manual says to do this often. Maybe after every use or once a week. Does the sensor come apart when you remove it from the filter or do I just drain off water by removing it and then after it drains just put it back on? This will happen after I put new filters
You are correct. There are no moving parts on the sensor, when you unscrew it water, if any, will drain out. And then replace and reconnect the plug.

You are correct. There are no moving parts on the sensor, when you unscrew it water, if any, will drain out. And then replace and reconnect the plug.

Thank you!

If we Mahindra owners are suppose to “drain water once in a week or earlier if water contamination is excessive” according to manual, it would be nice to have the clear bowl on the bottom to check it. I guess that is why we have the sensor light. I am waiting on parts to get here but it is so hot…I may be working at night.

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying. #27  
There are some great threads about diesel fuel handling in the oil fuel lubricants section here on TBN. What I do is buy my fuel at a busy, high volume place by I45. Then keep it in a safety can like this:
And upon purchase treat it with Howes diesel fuel additive:
So far no problem with water in fuel.

Thanks mwayne. You are my hero.

/ Mahindra 1533 had fuel with water in it and I don’t know what I am doing except trying. #29  
You may also have have an algae problem in your tank which there are additives for that problem also . Algae will clog your filters over time . I am treating my tank now . I use use 5 gal. containers to get my fuel in and I first noticed it in the bottom of the containers . I washed my containers out with bleach and treating my fuel tank .

You may also have have an algae problem in your tank which there are additives for that problem also . Algae will clog your filters over time . I am treating my tank now . I use use 5 gal. containers to get my fuel in and I first noticed it in the bottom of the containers . I washed my containers out with bleach and treating my fuel tank .

Thank you. After reading and researching more I got to thinking about the tanks. I think I am cleaning them out, too.