Mahindra 1538 thoughts?

/ Mahindra 1538 thoughts? #1  

Dragonpharm

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538 with backhoe, Massey Ferguson 156 gas
I've been struggling to find a new tractor to purchase (30-40HP range). Talked to a salesman that didn't have any tractors available and had no ETA on when new ones might come in. Anyway, he does have a 2016 Mahindra 1538. It's 38HP with loader and backhoe. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this model or just opinions on Mahindra in general? There are two Mahindra dealers within 50 miles but they are both small and have no inventory. Wondering about reliability, parts availability, and if it will hold its value? Any opinions welcome. The way the tractor market is I'll have to decide quickly. Already missed on a good used Kubota because someone else got to it first. I had reached the owner within hours of it being listed. I'm not opposed to doing maintenance myself but have limited time and little interest in doing major repairs on my own.

/ Mahindra 1538 thoughts? #2  
I own the 1533. To the best of my knowledge it's the same machine but limited to 33HP. Have previously owned a Kubota. I purchased the Mahindra unit used with appx 310 hours on it. I REALLY like it. Mine has the front loader. It came with a rear hydraulic connection and I added a hydraulic top link. Couldn't be happier. I've got two dealers. One nearby and another 50 miles away. No issues to date. It's much steadier on the uneven land of planted pine trees. Wider stance. Tires and wheels at max width, tires with fluid in them. For me, it was a great decision. Pictures show my son working our food plot.

Attachments

• Mahindra and trees.jpg
    Mahindra and trees.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • Mahindra.jpg
    Mahindra.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 70
   / Mahindra 1538 thoughts? #3  
I've had 2 friends with Mahindras. Tractors were fine. Parts availability not so much

Andy

/ Mahindra 1538 thoughts? #4  
I have 2 Mahindra tractors. A 1635 and max 26 xlt. Very good machines, I shop the dealer more than the brand. I have several videos on Mahindra tractors. Good luck!

/ Mahindra 1538 thoughts?
I bought the 1538. It was delivered 9 days ago now. Not sure how I managed without a tractor with a backhoe and loader for so long, lol. Love this tractor so far. My daughters and wife have all gotten seat time as well.