Mahindra 1626

OP
BigNuge

BigNuge

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1626 HST///Husqvarna M-ZT 52
Howdy folks, figured I’d check in with an update on my machine.

All is well, just about to turn 20 hours. Machine has been solid, no issues to note.

Things I like so far:

Machine is strong! I’ve lifted some heavy items with the forks, does it all without breaking a sweat!

I’m pleasantly surprised with the fuel economy.

Operator station continues to be comfortable, machine is a pleasure to operate!

Things I don’t like:

Exhaust pipe discharge that blackens up the loader arm. Going to remedy this with a fitting to turn it “out” between the tire and loader arm.

Oil dipstick access. You have to pull the right side engine cover to check the oil. Not a huge deal, but I would have thought that they would have engineered a way of doing it through the open hood.

4WD lever. The 4WD lever/arm needs to be beefier. I have already tweaked it slightly while stepping on it to disengage the 4WD.

Hood height. I would never have known about the importance of hood height until I owned & operated my own machine. Having said that, now I know why the Kabota has a sloping hood. I have trouble seeing the end of the forks, or the hitch ball I have clamped onto the bucket from time to time. Granted, I am a short(ish) guy (5’8”). In any event, having to stand on the machine AND operate the FWD/REV peddle to do intricate work is a PITA.

Anyway, all else is good. Been too **** hot lately to do much with the tractor. I hate the heat when working, so the next bunch of tractor projects will be in a few weeks when the weather cools a bit.

Last edited:

AchingBack

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2615HST
Instead of stepping on the 4WD lever, push down on the loader control enough to raise front wheels. It should easily disengage.

DavidD

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1626
Instead of stepping on the 4WD lever, push down on the loader control enough to raise front wheels. It should easily disengage.

Sometimes I have to reverse just a bit to get mine to “unbind”
As for the oil dipstick being hidden I used an old S10 dipstick and tube to extend mine up near coolant reservoir. About an hour with a tubing bender and now I can check just by raising hood IMG_2779.JPG

OP
BigNuge

BigNuge

Bronze Member
Tractor
As for the oil dipstick being hidden I used an old S10 dipstick and tube to extend mine up near coolant reservoir. About an hour with a tubing bender and now I can check just by raising hood View attachment 666051

Yeah, I was working the tractor back and forth when I tweaked the 4WD lever. Nothing huge, but I’ll be more cognizant of it now.

Awesome suggestion on the dip stick! I think I’ll fab something up like that too!

OP
BigNuge

BigNuge

Bronze Member
Tractor
As for the oil dipstick being hidden I used an old S10 dipstick and tube to extend mine up near coolant reservoir. About an hour with a tubing bender and now I can check just by raising hood View attachment 666051

Lol....I’m just now getting around to this dipstick mod on the tractor. Would you possibly know what year/engine that S10 dipstick came off of? Going see what’s around/what I can find.

Thanks!

Greenvalleymatt

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1626, started with a 49 8n
Just had my 1626 delivered last Friday! Got the 5ft tiller with it, purchased a 5ft Deere bush hog, 4ft box blade (Rhino), and heavy duty chain harrow used for 1000$ locally. I'm ready to get to work once all this rain lets up here in north Texas!

gatractorman

Silver Member
Tractor
varies never keep one long enough to post here lol
Just had my 1626 delivered last Friday! Got the 5ft tiller with it, purchased a 5ft Deere bush hog, 4ft box blade (Rhino), and heavy duty chain harrow used for 1000$ locally. I'm ready to get to work once all this rain lets up here in north Texas!
Congratulations on the new tractor, have you had a chance to use the tiller yet? I’ve had to replace sealing rings on 2 1626’s they were cut from factory!