Buying Advice Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #21  
Yep when all else fails just quit pressing on the pedal.:) did you pee your pants?:D

I've told this story before, but my father in law put his new John Deere into 10+ feet of water when he first used his new John Deere dual pedal 425 mower to mow down by one of his ponds.

He was able to swim to shore and only had a bruise or two. My son, an experienced swimmer, had to go find it, hook a tractor to it and lift it out, the engine and dash had to be replaced, never was the same after that. We now have a 2305 and I've never hit the wrong pedal, but others have, no one mows around the pond anymore though.:laughing:

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #22  
   / Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST
Good afternoon GManBart. I have in my hand the two tractor brochures from this past weekend. The 4035 HST weighs 4817 lbs; the PST weighs 4367 lbs. And the L4240 HST does indeed weigh 3671 lbs; the DT weighs 3527 lbs. So the difference between the models in view is 1146 lbs.

Sysop: Your thoughts on the tires have further caused me to think more about getting the agri. tires instead of the industrial.

Your near fatal episode along the creek is exactly the kind of situation that prompted my question. I plan to test drive both models this coming Saturday to gain a better feel for the rocker pedal vs. two-pedal design.

The 4035 controls seemed to work well. The L4240 HST+ is a dream to drive. This is a big factor for me.

SSQA?

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #27  
I just moved up to a heavier tractor and the extra weight makes a big difference.

I also got the R1 tires and loaded them. I can't tell that it's tearing the ground up anymore than the R4s did on the last tractor.

No traction = No work

I have been pleased with both of my Mahindras that I've owned.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #28  
Good afternoon GManBart. I have in my hand the two tractor brochures from this past weekend. The 4035 HST weighs 4817 lbs; the PST weighs 4367 lbs. And the L4240 HST does indeed weigh 3671 lbs; the DT weighs 3527 lbs. So the difference between the models in view is 1146 lbs.

That wouldn't be the first time online data is wrong....good on you to get hard copies.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #29  
Sysop: Your thoughts on the tires have further caused me to think more about getting the agri. tires instead of the industrial.

Honestly for working uneven ground, I'd go AG all the way. Neither AG nor Industrial will tear up the ground unless you lose traction or the ground is too soft to be working on in the first place. Either of those cases you'll prefer AG. AG won't pack up with soft ground and lose traction as quick, and be easier to regain traction if traction is lost.

Sure appreciate all the thoughtful input from you guys. God willing, I will test drive both models again this coming Sat. (with a friend who has owned a tractor for several years). I'm definitely going with the AG tires. Leaning toward the Kubota at this moment; quality and better controls (HST+) carry a lot of weight in my mind. The dealer said it's quite easy to add weight to the rear wheels, if I find I need it.

Any thoughts on the Kubota's 4-cylinder vs. the Mahindra's 3-cylinder?

Good night gents.