Buying Advice Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #41  
Better ballast hanging off the back of the tractor helps with that. Weighing down the rear tires only helps prevent picking them up, it does nothing to transfer weight off the front axle. Weight hanging on the 3 point will use the rear axle as a pivot point, transferring weight from the front axle to the rear. One of the most common failures of CUTs and SCUTs with loaders is overloading the front axle and breaking things or wearing them out prematurely. When doing heavy loader work, I'd prefer enough weight on the back that the front feels light with the loader empty. When it is loaded it should balance back out and drive more normally. Buckling the sidewalls on the tires is an indication steering and other components are under tremendous pressure, ballast on the 3 point is the best solution.
Rear tires are loaded with rimguard and I use a 1,000 LBS rear ballast box.coobie

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #42  
If I was doing heavy loader use, to the capacity of my loader, I'd have more than that for ballast. Rimguard does nothing to reduce the weight on the front axle, all it does is hold the rear axle down and lower the center of gravity to prevent tipping. Seen it said the front axle of the 4035HST is rated at 2.5ton which is way above the competition, I know when I inspected the tractors in my "short list", the sheer overbuilt nature of the Mahindra's front axle was one of the final things that swayed me to purchase Mahindra coupled with the threads I've read of some of the broken front axle problems many 4wd CUTs have. Hasn't been a week since a thread crossed the "new posts" list here on TBN about a front wheel broken off a Kubota, several members in the thread had similar issues, it's scary to read and something to consider.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #43  
If I was doing heavy loader use, to the capacity of my loader, I'd have more than that for ballast. Rimguard does nothing to reduce the weight on the front axle, all it does is hold the rear axle down and lower the center of gravity to prevent tipping. Seen it said the front axle of the 4035HST is rated at 2.5ton which is way above the competition, I know when I inspected the tractors in my "short list", the sheer overbuilt nature of the Mahindra's front axle was one of the final things that swayed me to purchase Mahindra coupled with the threads I've read of some of the broken front axle problems many 4wd CUTs have. Hasn't been a week since a thread crossed the "new posts" list here on TBN about a front wheel broken off a Kubota, several members in the thread had similar issues, it's scary to read and something to consider.
Have to tell ya not my first tractor rodeo.I was brought up on a Farm and did farming about 1,000 acres.I fully understand the use of rimguard and MY BALLAST BOX.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #44  
I just hate seeing broken stuff when it can be avoided. With experience you do learn how much is needed for a given task. I'm just saying that with a loader capacity over 2500# on my tractor, I'd have more than 1000# on the back if using the loader to capacity, especially if the front tires are flexing the sidewalls a lot (I think of that flex as a visible indicator of when to add more ballast to the 3 point since it directly translates into the pressures the axle and steering are under).

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #45  

Where are you getting all this broken front axle crap? I've seen a couple but not 1 a week. Show me.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #46  

Where are you getting all this broken front axle crap? I've seen a couple but not 1 a week. Show me.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #47  

Never said one a week... I said it hasn't been a week since the last time the subject passed through the "new posts" list here on TBN, it was an older thread someone had dug up and posted to, but several people in the thread all had similar issues. I'll hunt it up again, but I wanted to get the correction about the frequency out there quickly. I never said once a week :)

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #48  
I just hate seeing broken stuff when it can be avoided. With experience you do learn how much is needed for a given task. I'm just saying that with a loader capacity over 2500# on my tractor, I'd have more than 1000# on the back if using the loader to capacity, especially if the front tires are flexing the sidewalls a lot (I think of that flex as a visible indicator of when to add more ballast to the 3 point since it directly translates into the pressures the axle and steering are under).
I have a question for you,How many broken axles have you personally seen?How much hands on farm or REAL tractor experience do you have?Just curious?Are you just repeating from what you read?358 posts since JUNE 2013 h,mm makes one wonder?