Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #181  
Awesome! I'm glad to hear that it worked for you as well, good deal.

As for the 3 pt. lowering adjustment knob, it definitely doesn't seem right in my opinion. I mean, everything else on the 5100 series seems to be so well designed and thought out, if makes so sense to have something as dysfunctional as that by design.

I definitely recall that when I went to fiddle with mine for the first time the other day, it seemed to make one smooth rotation, then became loose and "kinked" is probably the best word to describe it. The more that I mess with it the worse it seems to become.

Think I'm gonna call my dealer tomorrow as well, see if they know anything about the issue. If I don't get anywhere with that maybe I'll dig into it this weekend.
did you get any info from your dealer? I will be going by mine on friday.

in the end having a funky knob for this function that i will use 1 time per year is not a big deal.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #182  
Pages from pdfserv5145.jpg
so it looks like the assembly is a piece of pipe with a cotter key in each end, this would explain the funky feel of it and i guess it will be robust lol. kind of looks like someone made a mistake and then came up with this design to fix it. in the end how much do you need to be adjusting this anyway but it is funny.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #183  
did you get any info from your dealer? I will be going by mine on friday.

in the end having a funky knob for this function that i will use 1 time per year is not a big deal.

No, been super busy with work the past couple days, keep forgetting to call. I'll try to tomorrow. I feel similarly, I don't expect to use it much anyways so it's not a high priority.

Yeah, that design is odd. Almost seems like the shaft is actually thick cable or something that allows for twists and kinks. I dunno.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #184  
No, been super busy with work the past couple days, keep forgetting to call. I'll try to tomorrow. I feel similarly, I don't expect to use it much anyways so it's not a high priority.

Yeah, that design is odd. Almost seems like the shaft is actually thick cable or something that allows for twists and kinks. I dunno.
if you look closely the shaft ass. is a short piece of tube and 2 cotter keys forming a poor mans universal joint, so the action of the shaft is exactly what that assembly would produce, easy to turn then hard and a flop then easy then hard etc. That is what a universal joint will give you when it is at a steep angle.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
if you look closely the shaft ass. is a short piece of tube and 2 cotter keys forming a poor mans universal joint, so the action of the shaft is exactly what that assembly would produce, easy to turn then hard and a flop then easy then hard etc. That is what a universal joint will give you when it is at a steep angle.
That’s exactly right. Must have gotten to the final assembly part and realized that they had an alignment issue where that shaft didn’t line up with the hole in the body panel. So they came up with this. It works but an actual U-Joint would have been better. I’m not going to get too worked up about it though. After I initially set mine on my last tractor, I don’t recall ever messing with it again.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #186  
That’s exactly right. Must have gotten to the final assembly part and realized that they had an alignment issue where that shaft didn’t line up with the hole in the body panel. So they came up with this. It works but an actual U-Joint would have been better. I’m not going to get too worked up about it though. After I initially set mine on my last tractor, I don’t recall ever messing with it again.
same here it is funky but after understanding what is going on I know that it is not a broken part on my tractor and like you say I'm not going to be using it much at all so it should last well past my lifetime. it is still a funky design.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #187  
Oh, okay then. That makes me feel better about it.

I can deal with it being clunky, as long as I know it's not broken. That's good info, thank you!

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #188  
die huisache die.jpg
6" huisache gotta love it, 4"ers go away without issue 6" i run the grapple straight down from over the top and close it to break off the limbs then grab the trunk and rip it out (takes a little work). larger than 6" i break off the limbs and just cut the stump off with pole saw (less time than prying it out of the ground). just as long as those thorny pest are gone lol.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #189  
Now that's what I call a hard working tractor! Oh, and operator.

Is that a W.R. Long third function. If you installed it yourself, any tricks to share? The instructions are somewhat brief. Especially where is the loader valve hydraulic block under the tractor. A pic of how it looks after the installation would be helpful. Thank you.+

My 5155 arrives this evening - finally! So excited!

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #190  
View attachment 745620so it looks like the assembly is a piece of pipe with a cotter key in each end, this would explain the funky feel of it and i guess it will be robust lol. kind of looks like someone made a mistake and then came up with this design to fix it. in the end how much do you need to be adjusting this anyway but it is funny.
Well mine is messed up too, you actually need this to adjust for transportation, so you can isolate/ disable the rear hydro when trailering the machine....I'll have the dealership look at mine because I want it completely functional....I also have a problem with my RPM gauge....it stops working when warmed up....anyone know where the tach gets it's pulse from, thout I might be able to check a few things before I haul it all the way to the dealership?

Last edited: