Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #351  
I negotiated having the tires filled by the dealership prior to delivery. I’ve gone that route on two tractors and I would highly recommend it. That way it’s all done when you get it and believe me I wouldn’t want to really get after anything with the loader without the rears filled. In both cases the cost of having the dealer fill them was very reasonable.
not me i'm forgoing the filled tires, this thing weighs enough already. I'm adding weight to my box blade and calling it a day for now, but I'm on mostly flat ground and the only time i have needed any ballast has been when digging my pond on the steep slope I have created and that will soon be over. with my weighted box blade i can take it off if i do not need it, not so much with the filled tires.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #352  
I negotiated having the tires filled by the dealership prior to delivery. I’ve gone that route on two tractors and I would highly recommend it. That way it’s all done when you get it and believe me I wouldn’t want to really get after anything with the loader without the rears filled. In both cases the cost of having the dealer fill them was very reasonable.
It was not an option for me . My dealer is new they are primarily a big truck dealer (western star) he said they do not yet own the equipment for loading tires but if they did it would be a $1200 up charge .

Grow on and around equipment I understand how important ballast is . I also realize how easy it is to get a puncture and a tire and lose that investment. They need to come up with a more cost effective solution in my opinion. For now I will probably wait until spring and try to find windshield washer fluid on sale . 120 gallons wort😱

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #353  
It was not an option for me . My dealer is new they are primarily a big truck dealer (western star) he said they do not yet own the equipment for loading tires but if they did it would be a $1200 up charge .

Grow on and around equipment I understand how important ballast is . I also realize how easy it is to get a puncture and a tire and lose that investment. They need to come up with a more cost effective solution in my opinion. For now I will probably wait until spring and try to find windshield washer fluid on sale . 120 gallons wort😱
would a few gallons of eco friendly antifreeze and plain old water work? $1200 is crazzzzzy! in Texas as a kid we always used just water in tires with innertubes, up north i can see the need for more freeze protection. i'm also not a fan of adding weight to the front axel as happens with filled tires, with a weight behind the rear axel it removes some of the weight on the front axel.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #354  
Yes , the new Holland was a good little tractor it did not have tons and tons of weight behind it and it also relied heavily on the turbo for it's real power range . It was a vary strong unit for it's size. Imagine a 4wheel 8N, but modern and you have the general idea.
In the last two years it would regenerate a lot more often and a lot longer and in the last few months it started throwing a code from time to time and the computer would lock out the fuel pedal. The only way you could get it to clear was to let it sit " dealer told me from day one just throttle it up a bit and keep running it when it goes into regeneration" so I did . Over time that was not good enough it had to sit with the throttle pined for 35- 45 min. And at the end it was coming to the point it did not want to regenerate and the light would stay on.
One of the worst parts was it always wanted to go into regen when the work was just getting done ! With fuel at $5+ a gallon it never once made me happy to have to let it set and run at a high idle just to clear .
I won't say it is a new Holland problem . Every one is running these hand hand grenades!
In the end it truly is the only reason I considered Mahindra , because nobody has got a good technology to meet epa standard at the moment . At the same time it forced me to look at a brand I always considered "outside the box " I will also say if not for the 5145 ( updated platform ) I still probably would have walked away and just delt with what came on my old unit .

I am loving this 5145 " still not a fan at all of the long stroke of the shuttle shift “ they need to put a bigger cam plate on that shifter and cut the throw into at least half the distance. At the same time ,WOW this is a whole lot of tractor for the money! And truly out side of a few ergonomics it is as good or at least on pare with the big brands and I have been on them all at one point or another. Vary impressed after some operation today
I agree with you about the shuttle stroke. Also, I am going to have to add an extension to the clutch pedal. My arms and legs are too short
"or" my middle is too large.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #355  
I agree with you about the shuttle stroke. Also, I am going to have to add an extension to the clutch pedal. My arms and legs are too short
"or" my middle is too large.
that is funny i'm looking at moving the seat up and back because of my long legs, really just big gut.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #356  
would a few gallons of eco friendly antifreeze and plain old water work? $1200 is crazzzzzy! in Texas as a kid we always used just water in tires with innertubes, up north i can see the need for more freeze protection. i'm also not a fan of adding weight to the front axel as happens with filled tires, with a weight behind the rear axel it removes some of the weight on the front axel.
Unfortunately I live in north east Ohio so I need to be good to at least - 20 degree. With antifreeze hovering around $20 a gallon x62 gallon per rear tire It would get costly fast . I thought for a second I was ahead of the game when I thought about buying a 50 gallon drum of methanol alcohol and mixing it with water! Um I was real wrong cost of alcohol is astronomical right now too!

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #358  
My dealer gave me an out the door price on the phone of $28,500.00. The price did not change when I asked for tire ballast (I was told that they added 9 gal. of antifreeze and finished filling it to proper level with water in each tire.) and a drop down third step so I can get in it easier. No charge to put chain hooks on the bucket. He furnished and installed hydraulic hoses from rear remotes to front of loader so I could operate the grapple that I bought from him. The total price was #31,357.57. The grapple is a Rake Grapple by Terra Force, model YRK006. cost me $2,857.57.
I am happy.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #359  
My dealer gave me an out the door price on the phone of $28,500.00. The price did not change when I asked for tire ballast (I was told that they added 9 gal. of antifreeze and finished filling it to proper level with water in each tire.) and a drop down third step so I can get in it easier. No charge to put chain hooks on the bucket. He furnished and installed hydraulic hoses from rear remotes to front of loader so I could operate the grapple that I bought from him. The total price was #31,357.57. The grapple is a Rake Grapple by Terra Force, model YRK006. cost me $2,857.57.
I am happy.
You got a smoking deal on the tractor for sure ! I was no where close to that in price ! I also called three dealers within about 2 hrs of my home they were all within $400 of each other . So I went with the dealership that gave me the best trade in price . Nobody would move off their marked price.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #360  
I am happy.
Nice! great deal