Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #371  
M&M...Mahindra and Kawasaki Mule gather around the log splitter putting up firewood for the winter

Attachments

• M&M 5155 Mule and Mahindra 2.jpg
    M&M 5155 Mule and Mahindra 2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 91
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
M&M...Mahindra and Kawasaki Mule gather around the log splitter putting up firewood for the winter
How are you liking the tractor so far? Working out well for you?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #373  
How are you liking the tractor so far? Working out well for you?
Andy...yes, am loving it. Still getting used to the controls as they are quite different from my previous 4550. More levers to move than before. Now have it set up for forestry work with the logging winch on the back. Sure hope it ends up being reliable since my local dealer isn't great.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
Andy...yes, am loving it. Still getting used to the controls as they are quite different from my previous 4550. More levers to move than before. Now have it set up for forestry work with the logging winch on the back. Sure hope it ends up being reliable since my local dealer isn't great.
Glad you’re liking it so far. I noticed the skidding winch. I have a really old Farmi winch. They’re a great accessory if you pull a lot of wood out. Very handy. Looks like your winch is just a little newer than mine ;)
AB3337AA-BAA7-4081-B693-CBE52D3A766A.jpeg
D0EA7804-4DB7-436D-95F0-C37EC8A2D1BB.jpeg

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #375  
Andy...yes, the skidding winch makes a world of difference in forestry work. I am thinning for fire and forest health reasons and heating with firewood. Am at 8k ft in the Jemez Mountains in NM. Your Farmi looks great and are super winches but new ones are out of my price range and used ones are very hard to find. This is my second KRPAN (the first was too small for the 5155 and sold) and they are great. Pulls about 10k lbs. And I really like being able to hang all the necessaries on the back and it has a chain saw holder on the tractor side as well. All in one!

Attachments

• 5155 rear photo.jpg
    5155 rear photo.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #376  
Andy...yes, the skidding winch makes a world of difference in forestry work. I am thinning for fire and forest health reasons and heating with firewood. Am at 8k ft in the Jemez Mountains in NM. Your Farmi looks great and are super winches but new ones are out of my price range and used ones are very hard to find. This is my second KRPAN (the first was too small for the 5155 and sold) and they are great. Pulls about 10k lbs. And I really like being able to hang all the necessaries on the back and it has a chain saw holder on the tractor side as well. All in one!
yea 8k elevation is one of the few things that would cause me to rethink my non-turbo stance on tractors. i'm at 50 hrs and love the 5145, I broke my front axel spider gears at 20 hrs, but i think that was a fluke. the only important design flaw IMO with the 5100 series is the location of the fuel filter, it is a magnet for branches to hit.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #377  
DaBear...agree about the altitude. I was not a fan of the added complications of a turbo but being at 8k ft I wanted to reduce the power loss due to elevation. Am very pleased with the decision. Appreciate how you shared your spider gear situation. Sounds like a great dealer you have. Agree on the fuel filter. Fortunately, haven't seen any reports of problems with its location yet.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #378  
DaBear...agree about the altitude. I was not a fan of the added complications of a turbo but being at 8k ft I wanted to reduce the power loss due to elevation. Am very pleased with the decision. Appreciate how you shared your spider gear situation. Sounds like a great dealer you have. Agree on the fuel filter. Fortunately, haven't seen any reports of problems with its location yet.
I have had a branch damage mine, not to bad but it has been hit and my dealer has related that they have already had issues with damage due to brush hitting it. at least it is in an easy spot to work on.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
A picture of my next project. Adding some teeth to my loader bucket. Very rocky soil at my place. While the tractor has enough power to dig in it, I don’t like pushing that hard. So these should help make it easier. Took this Friday off to weld the shanks on. I’ll post some pics when I’m done.
F40E08C1-DDAA-4026-B0E2-FF109242938D.jpeg

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #380  
Excited to see how you attach them to the bucket! Thanks for sharing this project. I too have rocky soil since I am inside a volcanic caldera with all the remnants of the huge blast long ago.