Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #361  
Got it!

Attachments

• 20220815_184753.jpg
    20220815_184753.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 87
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #362  
I have only cruised around the property so far, haven't had time to do anything else. My first impression is it's a very stout machine. Will post more as I get some time on it.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #363  
Unfortunately I live in north east Ohio so I need to be good to at least - 20 degree. With antifreeze hovering around $20 a gallon x62 gallon per rear tire It would get costly fast . I thought for a second I was ahead of the game when I thought about buying a 50 gallon drum of methanol alcohol and mixing it with water! Um I was real wrong cost of alcohol is astronomical right now too!
My dealer had mine loaded with washer fluid for $300.I thought that was pretty good.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
My dealer had mine loaded with washer fluid for $300.I thought that was pretty good.
Agreed. Definitely good you got it done. That’s a heavy tractor but it’s also a very powerful loader. So if you want to really get after something with that loader you’re going to need that extra weight to keep things planted. Plus the extra weight adds more traction too so you’ll be able to pull harder without running out of traction. With the larger footprint that the bigger tractor provides and the extra weight from loaded rears I never feel tippy on my hilly property. And I like that a lot.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
My dealer reached out to me a few weeks ago to see if he could bring a customer to my place to show him my 5155. So he came down last Friday evening with the customer and I reviewed the machine with him and let him play with it. The dealer said he can’t get enough in to meet demand and for people who want to see one and test drive before buying, it’s an issue. So my understanding is that the 5100 series is selling very well and Mahindra is having a hard time keeping up.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #368  
My dealer reached out to me a few weeks ago to see if he could bring a customer to my place to show him my 5155. So he came down last Friday evening with the customer and I reviewed the machine with him and let him play with it. The dealer said he can’t get enough in to meet demand and for people who want to see one and test drive before buying, it’s an issue. So my understanding is that the 5100 series is selling very well and Mahindra is having a hard time keeping up.
I'm hearing the same thing from my dealer he gets some in but they go out just as fast, i had to wait a month for my 5145, and that was with my dealer telling Mahindra that it was presold. he only had a 5155 for a few days that he used to hook me on the 5100 series at the time and tried to sell me that one.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #369  
Hi all.
Been following this thread since I decided to buy the 5145. I'm in the pnw and we bought ours to clear logging slash, establish a large garden/farm and feed our sawmill logs. Really like your skidder attatchments, I ordered a cheap 3 pt lift/skidder off amazon. We will see if it works, our log diameters go up to over 5 feet. Grapple (Baeber) and third function valve are ordered through our local dealer and picked up pallet forks this week.
We picked up the tractor yesterday! What a tractor, love it. The shifting is so much more intuitive for me than I thought it would be, way better than hydro.
Few things I have issues with, bucket level rod fell off, no grease in any fitting, there were some random bolts in the cock pit, hazards switch doesn't work (lights came on at 2am last night) if you push or pull it sometimes they will flash once, clutch has a "catch" to it- you have to push it and move the shuttle to get it to fully disengage, starting can be a test of patience.
I think dealer is ultimately responsible. The only 5145 in the state was not our local dealer, I'm sure when we take it in for the third function our local guys will get it dialed in.
I will try to adjust the clutch and see if that will take care of it.
Thanks again for all the information you have all posted.
Got the clutch fixed. My local dealer found that I had a defective clutch pedal. They ordered a new one from mahindra and it is shifting without issue now.