Mahindra no DPF and no Regen?

/ Mahindra no DPF and no Regen? #41  
Tractor makers could show us the way by going back to gasoline engines. They're so much simpler, more reliable too IIRC, without complicated electronics.

Companies could spare us from digital excess and diesel emissions tiers, esp Deere who's looking out for the customer on every level.

Hobby farming isn't what it used to be, but maybe with a letter writing campaign ... :rolleyes:

If change was all that good, maybe more folks could change their minds regarding what they can't change about what's going on around us.

While we're here, why not electric tractors that run by proxy on clean beautiful coal? Nothing beats cordless, you hear it all the time. :)

Last edited:
   / Mahindra no DPF and no Regen? #42  
I'm in the process of having a fuel inj pump repaired on my Ford 6700. It was leaking into engine crankcase & outside the pump. I asked the tech repairing my IP about algae growth in fuel tanks. He stated that with our ULSD that we now have available algae can form in a short period of time & if it had any bio-fuel in tank a shorter period of time

/ Mahindra no DPF and no Regen? #43  
I was reading in another thread, someone suggesting that a new (compact) tractor could last you a lifetime. I don't even know how to respond to that.

I think John Deere would have emmissions even if they didn't have too because it's complicated and I believe there is nothing JD Engineers love, more than complicated.

/ Mahindra no DPF and no Regen? #44  
I think John Deere would have emmissions even if they didn't have too because it's complicated and I believe there is nothing JD Engineers love, more than complicated.

You are wrong..

/ Mahindra no DPF and no Regen? #45  
... said one Deere owner to another ..

/ Mahindra no DPF and no Regen? #46  
I think JD engineers put higher Tier emissions on tractors in order to comply with government regulations so new tractors could be sold.

BUT over the yrs the JD engineers have introduced some very complicated hyd control valves that IMHO were not required. The steering & selective control valves on New & Newer generation rowcrop tractors are complicated & very difficult to adjust the internal components.

/ Mahindra no DPF and no Regen? #47  
Tractor makers could show us the way by going back to gasoline engines. They're so much simpler, more reliable too IIRC, without complicated electronics.

Companies could spare us from digital excess and diesel emissions tiers, esp Deere who's looking out for the customer on every level.

Hobby farming isn't what it used to be, but maybe with a letter writing campaign ... :rolleyes:

If change was all that good, maybe more folks could change their minds regarding what they can't change about what's going on around us.

While we're here, why not electric tractors that run by proxy on clean beautiful coal? Nothing beats cordless, you hear it all the time. :)
Did you realize that carburetors are gone for a long time in gasoline engines?
EFI stands for Electronic Fuel Injection. Not only in cars but even in quads, motorcycles and what I just learned even in chainsaws.

Gas engines have to comply with emissions too.

/ Mahindra no DPF and no Regen? #48  
Did you realize that carburetors are gone for a long time in gasoline engines?
EFI stands for Electronic Fuel Injection. Not only in cars but even in quads, motorcycles and what I just learned even in chainsaws.

Gas engines have to comply with emissions too.

So much for tongue in cheek humor. :ashamed: I thought it would fit well with guys who ask if turning up a diesel injector pump can mess with the air/fuel ratio. :rolleyes:

The point of my joke was a lead-up to asking how often an 'emissions-compliant' gas engine goes into regen, and/or if there's a particulate filter on the exhaust.

We have folks who avoid buying Tier 'X' because of what fuss they imagine is under the hood, and that they fear what worst case scenarios warn against. No blue juice, either. :confused3:

btw, my barn queen '80 Chevy starts and runs fine but resents having it's carburetor disparaged by futurists. The motorbikes laugh off such banter.

Your are forgiven, and btw, the car is for sale. :p

IMG_0930[1].JPG

/ Mahindra no DPF and no Regen? #49  
As far as I am concerned. Engineers should be tasked with making something as "SIMPLE" as possible within some reasonable framework. NOT trying to make something complicated work as if just to prove it can be done. When we bought our 6200, they bragged, "We started with a clean sheet of paper". That should be the engineering definition of stupidity. Let's just throw out all that tractor building experience. And they did.

/ Mahindra no DPF and no Regen? #50  
... Engineers should be tasked with making something as "SIMPLE" as possible within some reasonable framework. NOT trying to make something complicated work as if just to prove it can be done....

Uh, all 10x :thumbsup: on that. ... :2cents:

So many bang/buck tractors out there with (only) DOC and EGR vs DPF & regen. So, maybe IMO Branson and Massey/Shibaura have kind of raised the bar for Kioti and LS to catch up in the KISS dept <50hp or so. No DPF, no regen. Also, maybe IMO road diesels are more screwed with that blue juice jazz.

btw, I welcome Bobcat back to my personal 'top four' of "yes I would buy!" where/when/if w/o DPF. :p