Market Watch

/ Market Watch #261  
So that just means that user fees and sales taxes will increase if there are no property taxes. There is no magic bullet.
The 'magic bullet' is to CUT spending.

Don't take it personally, I recall that you are a government employee, but people in government just seem to think that spending Cannot Be Cut. But it can. They just don't WANT it cut.

And justifiably some agencies operate very close to the belt. Some even take in much more than they spend and if they were allocated more they could actually do better at recovering money. Those are rare cases.

We, the taxpayers, never really hold government programs accountable for results like we should. Yeah, I know we have Sunset and we have sharp eyes on the budget. Too often those sharp eyes are looking for more money and ways to keep from cutting spending.

But going back to your analogy about just increasing user fees and sales tax. That is exactly where it should be placed.

/ Market Watch #262  
What I'm struggling with is how does keeping gold somewhere else make sense?
Isn't having ot secure and handy the reason why people want gold in the first place?

/ Market Watch #263  
Isn't having ot secure and handy the reason why people want gold in the first place?
I can keep all the gold I own in a paper sack and still have room for a quart of malt liquor. LOL

But there is a big demand for gold storage. This is from the State Comptrollers website: The Texas Bullion Depository

"In summer 2018, Texas began operating the nation’s only state-run bullion depository, a highly secure, government-backed storage facility comparable to the U.S. Bullion Depository in Fort Knox, Kentucky, which holds federal gold reserves. Now the Texas Bullion Depository (TxBD), which experienced a surge of deposits during the earlier phases of the global coronavirus pandemic, aims to provide its services to a wider range of clientele and make lasting impacts that extend well beyond the Texas border."

/ Market Watch #264  

Don't take it personally, I recall that you are a government employee, but people in government just seem to think that spending Cannot Be Cut. But it can. They just don't WANT it cut.

And justifiably some agencies operate very close to the belt. Some even take in much more than they spend and if they were allocated more they could actually do better at recovering money. Those are rare cases.

We, the taxpayers, never really hold government programs accountable for results like we should. Yeah, I know we have Sunset and we have sharp eyes on the budget. Too often those sharp eyes are looking for more money and ways to keep from cutting spending.
Amen.

/ Market Watch #267  
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

200 unarmed older people being egged-on by an agent provocateur couldn’t commit an insurrection if they tried 365/24/7.

Last edited:
   / Market Watch #268  
  • Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Market Watch #269  

But going back to your analogy about just increasing user fees and sales tax. That is exactly where it should be placed.
Absolutely some spending can be cut, but you are talking about funding state and local government. Texas has no income tax, so property, sales tax, and user fees fund all your local services like schools, police, fire, roads, ect… Cuts in those services are what people use daily and they are hard choices. Funding those things with sales taxes and user fees alone would indicate that buying anything in Texas would be very expensive.

/ Market Watch #270  

Don’t struggle, I’ll make it easy for you.
Gold can be a short, medium or long term play. Whatever the owner wants.
Not everyone lives somewhere where gold can be secure. I am lucky enough to have a pretty good safe and secure home. But what if I lived in one of our amazing, but now crime-ridden cities?

Having it stored in a secure facility until retirement age is reached or until it is needed Is an option. Remember, we are talking about a gold IRA, not a non-IRA investment.
I can have my IRA metals overnighted to me by calling or emailing them. Just that simple. I also have non-IRA precious metals at my home which I can cash in by driving 5 miles into Wilmington and they will hand me a check or cash. :)

See, there’s no struggling necessary. ;)