Massey Ferguson 1030 Compact Tractor

/ Massey Ferguson 1030 Compact Tractor #1  

Midwest Gurl48

Tractor
1030 Massey Ferguson
Morning. Im in a pickle. I have a Massey Ferguson 1030 Compact tractor with major massive engine problems. I bought it two years ago and it was running really well. The engine seized, threw a rod, some major seals are missing(found on dismantling) and other problems that we think brought on the seizing. The repair people originally thought it was a Perkins(?) motor but it is (I might have this wrong) Tosjia . Parts are almost non existent 9 according to the repair people and to put a different engine in would cost more than the tractor is worth if it is even possible to retro fit. Now I have a nice looking tractor but no engine. Is there any place that could be suggested to sell the tractor body = hydraulics are good, body is in good condition, etc. I'm hoping to find someone who would be interested in this lawn ornament. I am located in NE Wisconsin. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you .

Last edited:
   / Massey Ferguson 1030 Compact Tractor #3  
It is a Toyosha MS142 diesel

/ Massey Ferguson 1030 Compact Tractor #4  
It is a Toyosha MS142 diesel

The poster said it had a hole in the block so sounds to me like a engine is in order.

/ Massey Ferguson 1030 Compact Tractor #5  
Perusing their site, I see they have one listed with a good engine. Looks like it suffered rear end damage.

/ Massey Ferguson 1030 Compact Tractor #7  
Yes, he may want to part out and it is old, not popular. The block may be bondoed if he wanted to rebuild. Probably good money into bad, but.....

/ Massey Ferguson 1030 Compact Tractor #8  
Southern Global may buy the drivetrain

/ Massey Ferguson 1030 Compact Tractor
   / Massey Ferguson 1030 Compact Tractor #10  
Tractor Tech listed a possibility and I checked and they have a viable engine in a Massey in their yard.