Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #51  
The tractor has 2 fuel tanks connected by a single hose. On earlier units they had a problem with running out of fuel on slopes because the pickup tube is on 1 tank, so if that tank is on the uphill side of the slope it would run out even though it showed 1/2 tank. They have since added a check valve to keep as much fuel as possible on the side with the pick up tube when on a slope but it can result in the fuel gauge reading low.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #52  
The tractor has 2 fuel tanks connected by a single hose. On earlier units they had a problem with running out of fuel on slopes because the pickup tube is on 1 tank, so if that tank is on the uphill side of the slope it would run out even though it showed 1/2 tank. They have since added a check valve to keep as much fuel as possible on the side with the pick up tube when on a slope but it can result in the fuel gauge reading low.
Thanks for confirming my suspicion, I was tempted to drop the plate between the (2) tanks to get a better look, but now I don't have to. It is nice to be able to fill at knee height, but the check valve does complicate the accurate reading of 10+ gallons, too bad they don't mention something about it in the manual or better prep the dealers.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread
Has anyone added the 3rd function option to the loader? If so, what was the cost? This is the system that replaces the loader control lever with one that has a switch which electronically switches the bucket tilt function with a 3rd function (like a grapple).

Thanks,

LM

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #54  
Had my 1736 now about 8 weeks and I'm gaining up on the 80 hour mark. It seems to be doing a bit better on fuel and I've learned to deal with the erratic fuel gauge. One thing I did notice is that the dealer did not change my HYD oil at the 50 hour service, and it said "Hyd fluid looks fine" on the invoice. Isn't it supposed to be changed at 50 hours? Anyone else forego the HYD change at 50 hrs? I'd agree, the fluid does look clean.

LM

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #56  
I haven't hit 50 hours yet but when I bought the fluids I was told the hydro fluid doesn't need to be changed at the 50 hour interval.

So cold weather is just weeks away, and I guess I haven't figured out how to cycle my glow plugs. Are they automatic on the first ignition click? I know on my old bobcat (traded in), I had to turn the key backward for 15-20 seconds but not sure how it works on the 1736.

LM

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #58  
If it's anything like the 1529, there is a "spring loaded" glow plug position on the ignition switch. Off/On/Glow Plug/Start

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 General Thread #59  
I never give mine any thought. I flip it to on and wait for the yellow light to go out:confused3: then crank it. Right or wrong it always fires right up even below zero.

I never give mine any thought. I flip it to on and wait for the yellow light to go out:confused3: then crank it. Right or wrong it always fires right up even below zero.

That's what I have been doing, just didn't know if I was doing it right.

LM