Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydro: LOSS OF POWER when hot!

/ Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydro: LOSS OF POWER when hot! #31  
My dealer is baffled by this problem, they had the tractor for almost 4 weeks. I guess a computer update was supposedly the cure. It was returned to me and was not the cure. I want to stress the time(s) in the video that the occurrences happen. My MF 1740M has plenty of power and torque until about 40 minutes of mowing with a light to medium load; as lawn was actually mowed the day before, so this is a re-mow or mulch so to speak. (video edited so you don't see all the in-between). I made the video thorough because I need to emphasize the good run time to power loss / malfunctioning gap. My dealer was told, but it's hard to understand if you're on it for even 20 minutes, it's going to be fine. And, with no load?, it may be over an hour! (I'm not actually sure cuz I only use the tractor w a load/chores). While mowing; Kicking in the A/C makes the loggy-ness happen a tad earlier (~40mins vs ~50mins).

I posted this on one other tractor forum and that's it, I didn't post this on my main Youtube Channel (with 25K Subscribers), so YT surfing trolls shouldn't pickup on this and start the "You shoulda got a Deere!" etc. I want the issue addressed and corrected, I don't want to buy a different tractor as my fix. Appreciate any contributing comments....
I'm following this threat interested in what you find out. Our Massey 1750m did this a couple times since we've owned it. I was bush hogging and it seemed to lose power and it was roughly about an hour or to an hour and a half into the bush hogging. I was able to finish but at a slower rate and then when I used it the next time it didn't seem to do it. So I have no idea what the correlation is.

/ Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydro: LOSS OF POWER when hot!
TH- I have all the old fluid and 2 filters removed. I'm waiting on the vertical filter yet to arrive, it's coming from a MF dealer in Utah, so that shipment to central NY has a few more days to it. I have new the oil but won't fill till I have everything ready. Opening lid, it does look clearer, but it's in a black bucket too? I might go out and dip some in a clear glass.

BTW- My local MF dealer is an hour away, so the filter was the same price but Amazon can deliver cheaper than I can drive 2 hrs roundtrip.

/ Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydro: LOSS OF POWER when hot!
I'm following this threat interested in what you find out. Our Massey 1750m did this a couple times since we've owned it. I was bush hogging and it seemed to lose power and it was roughly about an hour or to an hour and a half into the bush hogging. I was able to finish but at a slower rate and then when I used it the next time it didn't seem to do it. So I have no idea what the correlation is.

Man, I hear ya loud and clear!
My 1750M is perfectly fine the next day, well at least for another 40 minutes of mowing (And, I no longer want to use the word "hot" as that got some folks on a wrong tangent).

I don't mind being the guinea pig, as long as we get this resolved. Yes, please stay tuned. :)

/ Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydro: LOSS OF POWER when hot! #34  
The darkness to me is a bit concerning as unlike your engine oil I don't think there would be any contaminants that would make hydraulic oil dark, other than if it got too hot at some point.

I'm going to be very interested to hear how your first run on this new fluid goes.

/ Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydro: LOSS OF POWER when hot! #35  
I think I mentioned this before but it is really worth doing to engage a MF regional service rep. They have a lot of horsepower in terms of resolving issues but aside from that they also have access to a lot larger set of info than the typical dealer. The Regional Rep may very well have seen or heard of this "40 minute symptom" before. I think that is worth a try. Dealer should give you the regional reps phone number.

/ Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydro: LOSS OF POWER when hot! #36  
Still waiting to hear if this machine is under warranty or not..??

/ Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydro: LOSS OF POWER when hot! #38  
Hi, You can remove this horizontal suction filter without removing the subframe gray bar. I have successfully done it.

I will make a thread on the entire procedure including step by step images. Give me a few days...
Glad to hear you can get yours out without removing the subframe member. It's a real pain to remove.....

/ Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydro: LOSS OF POWER when hot! #39  
Does anybody know if there is some sort of thermostat that controls how much hydraulic oil flows through the radiator?
I know I usually blow a ton of seeds and dust out of the radiator stack when I brush hog, despite the screen. I made a long extension to my air gun with a 90° nozzle at the end that let's me blow debris out from the fan side of the radiator.

/ Massey Ferguson 1740M Hydro: LOSS OF POWER when hot! #40  
the GC series have one, no idea of other models do.
Compacts and up have a hydraulic radiator stacked with the engine radiator, radiator fan cools both.