Buying Advice Massey GC1720 vs LS XJ2025H TLB

/ Massey GC1720 vs LS XJ2025H TLB
I'm glad I pulled the trigger. The hard part is waiting for delivery - they said 1-2 weeks. Looking forward to this "seat time" I hear so much about.

/ Massey GC1720 vs LS XJ2025H TLB #22  
It took me several years to convince the wife we should get one (mean while she kept expanding our garden and trying to till it by hand with a 10" tiller) before I was able to refi our house, cut our interest rate by 2/3rds, and get a HELOC to cover the cost. That was a frustrating wait. lol By the time I got the HELOC I was already comparing a couple places and working deals based on a portion of the estimated credit limit. I found the used GC2600 at a New Holland dealer of all places and saw the first service had already been done so that saved some money. Other than that, it must have hardly been used for the 3 years they had it. Now I'm waiting again for the SSQA adapter and custom bucket. lol

/ Massey GC1720 vs LS XJ2025H TLB #23  
Congrats on the new tractor ... Massey (actually Iseki... Who builds Massey compacts in Japan) makes a great machine. Post pics when you get her in.

/ Massey GC1720 vs LS XJ2025H TLB #24  
I'm glad I pulled the trigger. The hard part is waiting for delivery - they said 1-2 weeks. Looking forward to this "seat time" I hear so much about.

Greetings Dave,

Obviously you spent some time researching and I'm curious about a couple items you are getting. I have a quick attach and a full set of forks I use on my GC1715. How much does your data quick attach weigh and how much does your fork set weigh ?

In my case the brand of quick attach is 77 lbs and full fork set is 112 lbs.

At one time I had considered a Dingo also . . . Very glad I didn't go that way . . . I can always rent one lol. I also had considered the knots bx2670 and bx25 and thigh very good machines . . . Very happy with the mf gc1715.

Greetings Dave,

Obviously you spent some time researching and I'm curious about a couple items you are getting. I have a quick attach and a full set of forks I use on my GC1715. How much does your data quick attach weigh and how much does your fork set weigh ?

In my case the brand of quick attach is 77 lbs and full fork set is 112 lbs.

At one time I had considered a Dingo also . . . Very glad I didn't go that way . . . I can always rent one lol. I also had considered the knots bx2670 and bx25 and thigh very good machines . . . Very happy with the mf gc1715.

My dealer is installing a worksaver skid steer adapter #835125 (Attachments Using Quick Attach System), which is 73 lbs. Forks are Tar River, 253 lbs. for 42" forks. What kind did you get that only weigh 112 lbs? I may need to switch if I still can.

/ Massey GC1720 vs LS XJ2025H TLB #26  
My dealer is installing a worksaver skid steer adapter #835125 (Attachments Using Quick Attach System), which is 73 lbs. Forks are Tar River, 253 lbs. for 42" forks. What kind did you get that only weigh 112 lbs? I may need to switch if I still can.

Too much forks, heck they would probably be big enough for my tractor. Weight will kill your capacity.

/ Massey GC1720 vs LS XJ2025H TLB #27  

Just curious - how much is the cost of the skid steer adapter for a DL95 that you are considering ?

I assume there must be some adapter plate/plates that get added to your MF bucket too ? How heavy is that and how much is that cost?

Just curious - how much is the cost of the skid steer adapter for a DL95 that you are considering ?

I assume there must be some adapter plate/plates that get added to your MF bucket too ? How heavy is that and how much is that cost?

I don't have it itemized. It's $495 including the loader adapter, bucket conversion, and labor, on two buckets (got a 54" as well). Any advice on what's out there for lighter-weight but strong forks for this class of tractor? I looked at Artillian forks which the JD guys seem to like, but they aren't that much lighter than the Tar River forks my dealer recommended.

/ Massey GC1720 vs LS XJ2025H TLB #29  
I don't have it itemized. It's $495 including the loader adapter, bucket conversion, and labor, on two buckets (got a 54" as well). Any advice on what's out there for lighter-weight but strong forks for this class of tractor? I looked at Artillian forks which the JD guys seem to like, but they aren't that much lighter than the Tar River forks my dealer recommended.

My forks come from MyTractorTools.com. I don't know if they offer a ssqa version or not - you'd have to contact them to find out (call and you can talk directly to the designer). I know my fork set comes ready to hook up to any and all three choices I could have - the 3pt, or a 3pt quick hitch, or my existing FEL Quick attach and the full fork set weighs 112 lbs.. And it is sandblasted, then primered, and then powder-coated for a very durable finish. Just to clarify - my fel quick attach is 77 lbs and everything that has to do with the fork set is the 112 lbs. There are no optional plates needed either for my bucket or my forks.

/ Massey GC1720 vs LS XJ2025H TLB #30  
Just for arguments' sake, how do you not think the GC17xx is the same size as the BX or JD 1-series?

Those GC's do look like fine machines.