MASSIMO UTV

/ MASSIMO UTV #1  

ukrkoz

Silver Member
Tractor
Pioneer 1000 EPS
I am in a bit of a pinch. My 2002 Foreman 500 is likely to blow the engine any time soon. So far, bought used, it was continuous repairs. At this point, I started considering a new UTV, a side by side.
I don't want to buy a passenger car worth of UTV. From what I see, most cost efficient are either unknown quality Chinese bikes or Massimo or BMS bikes.

Come to find, Massimo has very few online reviews. I cam across an older thread here, on Massimo bikes. But it talks of carburated machines and that's long gone.

So, any real life feedback? Is BSM any better? If I did that one - BSM - right... I am simply looking for anywhere between 500-700cc machine with 4x4 for pretty light property use. No harsh use intended ever.

Thank you

/ MASSIMO UTV #2  
Stay away;far away from Massimo.Looked for a decent used machine from any of the Japanese manufacturers.

/ MASSIMO UTV #3  
Stay away;far away from Massimo.Looked for a decent used machine from any of the Japanese manufacturers.
Second this. Avoid these cheap Chinese UTV's- just junk. You would be much better off to buy a used Mule with 1000 hours on it

/ MASSIMO UTV #4  
Second this. Avoid these cheap Chinese UTV's- just junk. You would be much better off to buy a used Mule with 1000 hours on it

X2! go with a name brand and be done with it.

/ MASSIMO UTV
Thank you. I already bought used brand name and it's been nothing but continuous repare and looks like more of it coming.
But that's fine, I'll scratch Massimo.

/ MASSIMO UTV #6  
Please keep in mind the Honda is 15+ years old and it sounds like you got it used so it may have had a hard life. Overall the Honda ATV's (Foreman especially)is a very reliable machine. Some of the newer electric stuff will have minor issues but generally the motors are very solid. Same goes for Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki. Several shops I been around won't even work on the "generic" UTVs/ATVs as it is more hassle than it is worth. I have spend some time working on a few Chinese machines and am always disappointed in the quality.
Good luck in your search.

/ MASSIMO UTV
Thank you. No worries, I get it. About my Foreman.
All I need from it is pull a flail mower and utility cart ever so often.
Last time I towed with it, after about 15 min of running, it started making noise like as if there is bearing trying to fall apart. Was getting worse and worse. Add to this disappearing oil with no obvious signs of where it goes(likely blow by burn out). New ECU. New master. New fan. New carb. And now this noise. All this in less than a year of ownership.
It went away after engine cooled and appears to run OK, but I am now afraid that it will simply quit on me and I have no intentions to buy engine. I want to sell it and buy something less troublesome. Same time, I don't want to buy equivalent of a new car. Or, pay dealer over a thousand in fees for this or that.
Sigh...

/ MASSIMO UTV #8  
When buying anything used,it's not so much about WHAT you buy as it is WHO you buy it from and even more so when it come's to off-road vehicles. If you can't buy from someone you know,buying a SxS might be easier and better in the long run. Many people are selling their 2-3 passenger machines and buying 4-6 passenger models. If I were limited to telling you a single thing to be conscious of,would be that seller changed water pump on an older machine. It's listed along with oil changes as routine maintenance but often overlooked until it's too. If when you test drive a water cooled machine,the fan come's on eventhough machine isn't under load,beware of overheating due to worn out pump.

/ MASSIMO UTV #9  
Buy a used machine from a dealer. They will normally not sell junk. Craigslist is not your friend.

I sold both my UTV's through my dealer. NOTHING wrong with them and they were treated well. Regular oil changes etc.

/ MASSIMO UTV #10  
I bought a new Massimo 500 from TSC in 2014, it came with a windshield, top, doors, winch, lights, turn signals and horn. I paid around $6k maybe $7, this has been one of the best buys I have ever made, I use it for everything, building fence checking cows and just running around, keeps a lot of miles off the pickup and a lot easier to get in and out of. very few problems. I am not a fan of the Chinese and like to buy American but price a brand name with all the accessories that I have, probably be around $15k. Like all brands, it depends on your dealer. Lot of Massimo bashers out there that don't know what the **** they are talking about. BTW I had a JD Gator and a Mule before the Massimo.