Max 26 Diff lock stuck

/ Max 26 Diff lock stuck #1  

Tim in MN

Tractor
Allis Chalmers WD, Mahindra Max26
I've got a 2019 Max 26KL with the diff lock stuck in the engaged position. It happened yesterday when putting up driveway markers. I've tried moving the shaft with a pair of pliers, no luck. Sprayed the shaft and housing with penetrating oil in case it's rusted, still no luck. Anybody got any ideas on how to get this thing freed up? Of course it had to happen when the weather is in the teens now.

/ Max 26 Diff lock stuck #2  
I've got a 2019 Max 26KL with the diff lock stuck in the engaged position. It happened yesterday when putting up driveway markers. I've tried moving the shaft with a pair of pliers, no luck. Sprayed the shaft and housing with penetrating oil in case it's rusted, still no luck. Anybody got any ideas on how to get this thing freed up? Of course it had to happen when the weather is in the teens now.
Hi Tim, I would make sure it is out of 4wd then drive forward and back a few times in a straight line. Maybe try forward/reverse quickly....may release the tension. Don't need tension 'ya know ;)

/ Max 26 Diff lock stuck
Hi Tim, I would make sure it is out of 4wd then drive forward and back a few times in a straight line. Maybe try forward/reverse quickly....may release the tension. Don't need tension 'ya know ;)
Thanks Jo, I'll give it a try.

/ Max 26 Diff lock stuck #4  
If you can get the rear wheels off the ground it should completely alleviate any tension in the rear end. You could independently spin the wheels to help if needed.

/ Max 26 Diff lock stuck #5  
go up and down some hills, push in clutch a couple times, do some turns forward and reverse. you should be proud you got it in, what a pain in the ass.

/ Max 26 Diff lock stuck
OK, tried all your suggestions, it's still stuck in the engaged position. When I had it jacked up I had a pair of pliers on the locking shaft and tried to move it while I was moving the rear tires back and forth, still locked. Probably going to have to take it in to get fixed, still under warranty, I'm assuming this will be covered under the powertrain, I hope.

/ Max 26 Diff lock stuck #7  
What did the service manager say to do?

/ Max 26 Diff lock stuck #8  
The diff lock stuck on my 2615 also. Had to use a pry bar under the pedal to raise it up and 2 cans of penetrating oil where the linkage goes thru the case. Had to do this many times raising the pedal and pushing it down to get it freed up. My main cause was lack of use and had never lubed that linkage before.

/ Max 26 Diff lock stuck
Haven't talked to the service guys yet, calling them in the morning. But if it's the case like George2615 I'll keep up with the penetrating oil and see what happens. I hate working in the cold.

/ Max 26 Diff lock stuck #10  
so the shaft doesn't move at all? or it moves but stays engaged?