Mayo on corn on the cob

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #1  

WVH1977

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40, Hitachi EX100, Gravely Pro-Turn 152
I grew up in Virginia and my grandfather always put mayo on his sweet corn. I have carried on the tradition and love it. My son and daughter love it too. My wife not so much. lol. Anyone else ever done this? If not you should try. Might be pleasantly surprised.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #2  
We eat a lot of corn on the cob; traditionally we use butter and garlic salt, but it's worth a try next time. I assume you meant mayo, as opposed to salad dressing; we use the terms interchangeably here.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #3  
Save some bacon grease and store it in the fridge. Try the corn with some bacon grease with salt and pepper. Different flavors of bacon yield different flavors of corn.

I know it's not good or you but it sure tastes good!

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #4  
Mayo, chili powder and cotija cheese and lime. Grilled Mexican corn.

Mexican corn.jpeg

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #5  
I grew up in Virginia and my grandfather always put mayo on his sweet corn. I have carried on the tradition and love it. My son and daughter love it too. My wife not so much. lol. Anyone else ever done this? If not you should try. Might be pleasantly surprised.
I always grill my corn. I clean the corn, then soak in water 30 minutes. The I slather with butter and whatever spices we like and wrap individually in foil. Grill about 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. I guess you could use Mayo or olive oil instead of butter. Much better than boiling out the flavor in water.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #7  
My best corn-on-the-cob lube is using a cold stick of butter like a crayon, if the corn is still hot. A nice, uniform, thin coating of flavor without being greasy. Salt and pepper stick to it too.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #8  
Sorry, but the thought makes me cringe. Im a butter and salt guy.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #9  
Salt and butter go so well on foods and are great as a side dish, but IMO sweet corn tastes better without trying to get the best balance. That said, cheese or ranch go well on a lot of things too if you're young & in a hurry.

/ Mayo on corn on the cob #10  
My favorite sweet corn is torn off the stalk, warmed by the sun. Tear off the husks and eat, often before leaving the field.