Members in their 70s?

/ Members in their 70s? #81  
71 this year. Not much I still can't do.
I'm a year older than you, and I see late 60s early-mid 70s kind of a "sweet spot" in life. Young enough to do 'most anything you want to but old enough to be able to use the "old man" card to get out of something you don't.

Reminds me of a story a lady friend told me many years ago about her aunt who saw turning 80 as liberating. If she had company that had overstayed their welcome, she'd pretend to doze off in her chair. Anyone younger and it would be interpreted as rude, but peoples' reaction at her age was "the poor dear, she must be exhausted, we'd better go home".😏

/ Members in their 70s? #82  
There are a lot of good posts on many threads here on TBN....I should use the (y) button more often....except I can't see well enough to make sure the correct finger is sticking up.

Cheers,
Mike
To me actually making a comment says more than pushing a button... even it you just say 👍 it shows that you actually read and appreciated the message.

/ Members in their 70s? #83  
I'm 75, don't jump, wear ear protection and don't carry anything heavy, use a hand truck, a dolly, a cart or your tractor.

If your Doctor doesn't check your carotid arteries, check them yourself. I checked my carotid arteries and last year I found a blockage in my right carotid artery, they did an ultrasound and then a CT Scan and it was over 90% blocked. They operated on my January 13, 2022 and cleaned it out. My left carotid is 60-70% blocked and they will do ultrasound on me every year.

Talked to the Surgeon and I told him that for over 13 years I didn't eat any saturated fat, he said that sugar and other stuff cause blockages besides animal fat.

/ Members in their 70s? #86  
I'm 75, don't jump, wear ear protection and don't carry anything heavy, use a hand truck, a dolly, a cart or your tractor.

If your Doctor doesn't check your carotid arteries, check them yourself. I checked my carotid arteries and last year I found a blockage in my right carotid artery, they did an ultrasound and then a CT Scan and it was over 90% blocked. They operated on my January 13, 2022 and cleaned it out. My left carotid is 60-70% blocked and they will do ultrasound on me every year.

Talked to the Surgeon and I told him that for over 13 years I didn't eat any saturated fat, he said that sugar and other stuff cause blockages besides animal fat.
How do we do that?

/ Members in their 70s? #88  
Well...... yesterday I moved out of my 70's. I'm not superstitious but having my 80th on Friday the 13th..............
Glad you survived another year and hope you have many more. Cheers!

/ Members in their 70s? #89  
You are an inspiration and looking forward to many more posts!!!

By the way if you ever see a car with California plates on your private road ask first and shoot later…

Last edited:
   / Members in their 70s? #90  
How do we do that?
Use your right hand and put it on the left side of your throat at about the middle. Press in gently until you feel your pulse. Use your left hand for your right side artery. The reason I did this is, I have trouble finding my pulse on my wrist. I usually did this when I was watching TV just before sleep. I started doing it, because my heart will add a beat once in a while.

I asked the Nurse how do you usually find blockages, she said they have a stroke. My friend found his, because he had sharp pain behind his ears. If your carotid artery is completely blocked they don't do anything.