Midnight snacks!

/ Midnight snacks!
Somebody sounds like a vegan (almost) ...?

:laughing: Not hardly, but trying to cut back to no Pork, less beef, More Elk and "chikin"

Meat is to heavy for the middle of the night

/ Midnight snacks! #32  
I quess I'm geared different. Big breakfast, usually little to no lunch ... great not over filling dinner and to bed before 9 ... sleep hard and have vivid dreams and back at it at 5 a.m. .... very very little snacks. Water by the bottles full all day.

/ Midnight snacks! #33  
I am one of those folks whose digestive system will squeeze every gram of fat, carbs, and calories out of every bite I eat. It all ends up on my belly, butt, and legs. I NEVER eat a midnight snack. I don't even consider it when I wake up. I just don't dare. During the past year, I've been careless about just eating regular meals. I've let my carbs and fats increase and it has caused me to gain a huge amount of weight. In February, I put myself on a "Jim's Surefire Weightloss Diet." I eat a Ruby Red Grapefruit for breakfast along with an apple or orange. About every third morning, I eat a helping of Egg Beaters 30-cal per serving eggs for protein and a RR grapefruit. I don't eat lunch. If mid-afternoon, my stomach gets too acidic, I may eat a light yogurt my wife found that is 80 calories. In the evening, I eat lots of green beans, spinach, stewed tomatoes, steamed squash, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet peas, and sometimes beans. I especially like to mix black beans and stewed tomatoes with chopped onion and a little chili powder and garlic. It tastes a bit like a meatless chili. That's it! I eat no bread or anything with sugar. I will sometimes add a salad or substitute a salad for my evening meal, but I just eat very little meat at all. I've done this now for four weeks and have already dropped two pants sizes. Believe me, if I did not have to cut back to 500-600 calories per day, I would not. However, my body thinks anything over 850 calories per day needs to show up on my belly or backside, so I just look at the bright side. The next time I go to the Dr. for blood tests and he sees my cholesterol count, he will be astonished. Eating light/eating right does have its advantages.:rolleyes:

/ Midnight snacks! #34  
Had some dill pickle spears last night. Best were midrats in the Chiefs Mess on Navy ships. Could chose anything you wanted and you had the mess cook at your disposal. Plus, you didn't have to clean up your mess afterwards.

mark

/ Midnight snacks! #35  
A turkey sandwich works every time, if there is turkey. I cannot risk Lent.
I treat every meal/snack as though it is my last one, I know I will be right one of these times:licking::(

/ Midnight snacks! #36  
I usually make up one of those asian noodle things.....yakisoba, thai kitchen, chow mein......those square bowls that have the noodles, sauce powder, and the dried veggies in 'em. Takes all of 5 min to make.

I wash it down with a busch light or three......

/ Midnight snacks!
I usually make up one of those asian noodle things.....yakisoba, thai kitchen, chow mein......those square bowls that have the noodles, sauce powder, and the dried veggies in 'em. Takes all of 5 min to make.I wash it down with a busch light or three......

Does "Ramen" count as Asian noodles:) They are pretty good for a quickie, little high in salt though.

Allot of good ideas in the responses.

/ Midnight snacks! #38  
Häagen-Dazs icream bars....i had to look up the spelling. it was nothing like thought it would be.:laughing:. Thats the bite i just took out of it....i wish

Attachments

• icream.gif
    icream.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 31
   / Midnight snacks! #39  
Does "Ramen" count as Asian noodles:) They are pretty good for a quickie, little high in salt though.

Allot of good ideas in the responses.

Yakisoba is just ramen noodles with a different soup base and dried veggies (like cabbage). My fave is teriyaki. :licking: Still real salty -

So, yeah. They count in my book.

The other ones have rice noodles. Simmilar to ramen, but you can't munch on them uncooked. I like uncooked ramen noodles dipped in Miracle Whip. Lot lower salt, and a little more filling.

/ Midnight snacks! #40  
I have gone to taking Melatonin: Here's some info on it. I bought some in a health food store and boy oh boy have I been sleeping like a baby.

Man I feel so much more rested when I wake up. Deep, deep sleep with vivid dreams.

No more waking and snacking for me.

Your body has its own internal clock that controls your natural cycle of sleeping and waking hours. In part, your body clock controls how much melatonin your body makes. Normally, melatonin levels begin to rise in the mid- to late evening, remain high for most of the night, and then drop in the early morning hours.

Light affects how much melatonin your body produces. During the shorter days of the winter months, your body may produce melatonin either earlier or later in the day than usual. This change can lead to symptoms of seasonal affective disorder (SAD), or winter depression.1

Natural melatonin levels slowly drop with age. Some older adults make very small amounts of it or none at all.

Why is melatonin used as a dietary supplement?
Melatonin supplements are sometimes used to treat jet lag or sleep problems (insomnia). Scientists are also looking at other good uses for melatonin, such as:

Treating seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
Helping to control sleep patterns for people who work night shifts.
Preventing or reducing problems with sleeping and confusion after surgery.
Reducing chronic cluster headaches
I tried melotonin 15 years ago when it first gained noteriaty. I had very intense, interesting dreams, woke up feeling like I had been hit by a street car, and would contmplate the halucinagenic dreams I had that morning. I quit a week later and my sleep was screwed up. So I don't eat it anymore. I think I have enough sleep hormone for now.