Millermatic 211 vs. Hobart Handler 210MVP

/ Millermatic 211 vs. Hobart Handler 210MVP
I'm going with the Millermatic 211.

Went back and forth, and the price on the miller increased $120 in the meantime.

I plan to keep this one for 15-20 years so I eliminated anything with a LCD screen control panel - which is a lot of good products.

/ Millermatic 211 vs. Hobart Handler 210MVP #32  
Cool; now that you've decided, here's a project that'll make sure it all works :devilish:

Cart 4 mm211

Feel free to steal any or all... Steve

BTW, that project actually starts on page ONE of that thread...

Last edited:
Yes, thanks that's fantastic. I need a product like that to learn about welding.

I've only used my Handler 140 to weld in some floor pans, and I did a poor job. Need to learn how to weld correctly.

The MillerMatic 211 has arrived!

/ Millermatic 211 vs. Hobart Handler 210MVP #35  
   / Millermatic 211 vs. Hobart Handler 210MVP #36  
You're entirely welcome; I've been a novice at one form of welding or another since about 1970 (acetylene), 1971 (TIG, known then as heli-arc), 1973 (stick, mentored by a pipeline weldor), 2011 (MIG, currently a MM252 and inverter MM211), 2013 (inverter stick/TIG unit, + plasma cutter)

Never done welding for a living (hence the novice status :=) but have gotten paid for it a few times - I'm still breathing and with all fingers and toes, largely because I believe in learning MORE than I'll ever NEED to about ANY endeavor that could change the above conditions, BEFORE I do it -

I've been called "weenie" and worse for that tendency, often by "dumb and proud of it" types that do NOT have all their appendages; but among other things, I'm a musician and play keys, guitar, bass, drums, and occasionally a bit of cello - I have more $$$$ tied up in music gear than most people do in vehicles; tends to make me think BEFORE I act...

Oh, forgot to mention; if you've not already found it, closest thing to an "over the shoulder" mentor for welding

I started learning about MIG from some of the pipe fitters on my maintenance crew, learned even more from Jody on the above site. Highly recommend... Steve

Right on, very cool! Jody’s videos are how I learned to Mig weld. Great resource!

/ Millermatic 211 vs. Hobart Handler 210MVP #37  
Miller bought Hobart a while back and both are a reliable machine. My welding supply company told me that the Miller is the better quality of the two. I own and use Miller, Lincoln and Hobart machines and all can be repaired at my local supplier. When I was in China, Miller and Lincoln were the machines of choice there as well. Just goes to show.

/ Millermatic 211 vs. Hobart Handler 210MVP #38  
Hobart and Miller are both owned by Illinois Tool Works.

/ Millermatic 211 vs. Hobart Handler 210MVP #40  
Myself, unlike tractor junkies, I'm not a machine junkie. I have a Lincoln InverTig, 2 Hobart 190 handlers (190 amps is the minimal output amount for spray arc transfer), A Miller gas drive Trailblazer and a Lincoln Pipeliner. All good machines. Almost forgot the Hypertherm and the Victor gas axe set. Like I said previously, the Hobart machines have an exceptionally soft arc and excellent wet out.... and they never break either. Their only downside is they won't accept a 50 pound spool of wire. 10 pound max.